• 133(current)
Artwork Downloader
AD doesn't support movies in the same folder, disable the "use local files" option.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just a quick question, the option "Minimum rating" does it work with fanart.tv? The other sources have clearly a 0-10 rating, but fanart.tv only shows if the image has been voted or not.
(2014-06-04, 14:01)silmano Wrote: Just a quick question, the option "Minimum rating" does it work with fanart.tv? The other sources have clearly a 0-10 rating, but fanart.tv only shows if the image has been voted or not.

since there is no rating on fanart.tv it indeed doesn't work.
rating is/was only aimed at extrafanart/extrathumbs
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the quick response.

I've got another quick question: I've setup the addon to use a central folder for movies and another central folder for series, but it seems the addon saves the extra fanart twice. Once for the movie/series folder and once in the central folder. Shouldn't the addon just download the fanart in the central folders?

On a side note, if this is the normal behaviour, maybe you could create a symbolic link or shortcut from the default movie/series folder to the central folder.
Normal behaviour and no i won't create symbolic links.
Ok, I was just curious... Thanks again.
Could someone explain this behavior to me:

After adding scraped movies to my collection (often one or two at a time), I run the artwork downloader. Often it takes several minutes (sometimes more than five) to complete script and report back the results. Typically only two to five items are downloaded at time.

Repeating the same process by choosing an individual movie and selecting "automatic download" the script does its thing and reports back in under thirty seconds.

Why is there such a disparity in the time it takes to download artwork? The process is so slow that I have given up on running the script as a program and have taken to dealing with titles on a case-by-case basis. Shouldn't the opposite be true?

I am using Aeon Nox version 4.1.9 and 5 as my preferred skins and run the artwork downloader in background mode. All settings are left at default, save the option to download disc art.
(2014-06-07, 01:19)Warner306 Wrote: Could someone explain this behavior to me:

After adding scraped movies to my collection (often one or two at a time), I run the artwork downloader. Often it takes several minutes (sometimes more than five) to complete script and report back the results. Typically only two to five items are downloaded at time.

Repeating the same process by choosing an individual movie and selecting "automatic download" the script does its thing and reports back in under thirty seconds.

Why is there such a disparity in the time it takes to download artwork? The process is so slow that I have given up on running the script as a program and have taken to dealing with titles on a case-by-case basis. Shouldn't the opposite be true?

I am using Aeon Nox version 4.1.9 and 5 as my preferred skins and run the artwork downloader in background mode. All settings are left at default, save the option to download disc art.
When you run AD for a single video it only scans for new art for that video. When you launch the addon itself it will scan for new art for your entire library. Depending on how many videos you have this could take quite a long time.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-06-07, 01:31)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-06-07, 01:19)Warner306 Wrote: Could someone explain this behavior to me:

When you run AD for a single video it only scans for new art for that video. When you launch the addon itself it will scan for new art for your entire library. Depending on how many videos you have this could take quite a long time.

Agreed. However, my collection only contains 330 movies and 12 television series. Waiting ten minutes for two pieces of disc art to download is quite annoying. I guess I'm asking if the download times are intended to be shorter and whether there is something wrong with my setup. Based on your feedback, I am better off manually downloading artwork for all movies unless I add upwards of 10 or more at one time. I can live with that but it reduces the effectiveness of automatic updating the database as a whole.
If you launch the addon it will always scan all your videos new and old to see if it finds any new art that meets whatever settings you are using. The time involved will depend on how your movies are stored, connection speeds to the websites, etc. Sometimes my scans take 5 minutes sometimes 15 or 20.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Update:
Currently working on default support using <moviefilename>-<arttype>.ext
This means it will download and name MOVIE artwork according to this.
Example: "9 (2009)-disc.png" instead of "disc.png"
It will also force rename any old files using "<arttype>.ext" to "<moviefilename>-<arttype>.ext"
It will not yet force update the database to point to the new file if renamed. Still working on that.
It may be finished and ready for testing during next week.

Still a lot untested. Just wanted to let you know.
Great work ! Available on repository ? Or on github ?
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Nice Martijn.
Thanks
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Hi guys
ultra quick question:

AD can be used in GUI mode to download the movie Posters u prefer from Fanart.tv ... is it right?, or i'm completely wrong?
I just unchecked other resourse sites, left only fanart.tv, checked download movie posters, in the configuration, but each time i click the gui search the only poster i see is the one i already have.
Just wanna know if this is normal, or i'm wrong thinking i should see the posters from Fanart.tv, that way i know i have some problem.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Which skin are you using ?
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18