• 138(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2014-08-17, 14:47)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-08-17, 14:27)voyagerxp Wrote: This way works but it goes through my whole library which is not what i wanted.

I'm not sure exactly what you want. You can either get artwork for your videos one at a time by navigating to the video or you can run the app and get artwork for all your videos. This functionality has not changed in the last couple of years that I've been using it.

Ok thanks for the help, must have been just an option in Nox 4.
Those were the only options in Nox 4 as well. When you would click "get artwork" in the side panel, it was searching for artwork for the entire library, it just does it silently when you activate it that way (meaning it doesn't show a progress window). If you never want to see a progress window while it searches for art, I think that is an option you can toggle in AD's addon settings.

If you preferred Nox 4 to the new Nox 5, I suggest you look into Aeon Nox 4.1.9 for Gotham. Pretty stellar. Very active community that is continually adding new features. It's Nox 4 for Gotham, and then some.
Is there a way (maybe for Helix) to have this Add-on run automatically after the library gets scanned for new movies ?

This way the library gets updated with new movies and all the extra artwork is downloaded looking nice with minimal user intervention.
There is already the option to do so in Gotham, but it might be dependent on the skin you are using. The option is available in Aeon Nox 4.1.9 under System>Skin Settings:

(2014-08-17, 19:27)Surlias Wrote: If you never want to see a progress window while it searches for art, I think that is an option you can toggle in AD's addon settings.

I'd love to see a progress bar when Artwork Downloader runs. The only setting I could find is "Run in background", which is off on my system. All I ever see is a notice when it starts and when it ends.

Care to share where the setting is?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I think you'll only see a progress bar if you launch it from the programs>addons menu, or from favorites.

Deleted double post
@Sulias, that must be my issue. I launch it via an a custom sub menu button confiigured as a Pre-defined function to call "Update VideoDB".

Is there a way to run Update VideoDB and AD together so that I get the progress bar?
Not that I know of
I use Aeon Nox 4 for Gotham. Artwork Downloader & Skin Widgets for my movies. My movie titles show in the widget by default with a random pic. With Artwork Downloader, it scrapes and gets HD pics with words that pop in over top...and the cd rolls in...etc.

What would cause my widgets to be blank 50% of the time? I can scroll and see several with pics, but many have none. I've rescanned and nothing.
Some pics show, but no words pop over top to show the title.

Also, where do these new pics save?

If this can't be fixed, how do I disable the feature to just use default fanart instead?

Thanks!
"No words pop over the top" - are you talking about logo images or actual text? I suppose it's possible if you've got a duff (blank) logo assigned to a movie then you'll see no logo, or text.

Where the "pics" are saved depends on your AD settings - alongside your movies if you select "Use local files" (then cached), or only in the cache if the artwork is remote. Remote artwork assigned yesterday may no longer be available today, but it will only be retrieved into the cache when first viewed in the GUI by which time the remote artwork may no longer be available, resulting in blank images.

Querying your media library to view the locations of your artwork for any particular movie is IMHO the first step to resolving the kind of issues you are seeing. The script in my sig will help you do that.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Good info. Well... some images show, but no title shows up. Some are just completely blank. All of my stuff is local. I'll mess with the cache settings somehow.

As far as the script, if it's not download and push go, I'm out. Looks too complicated.

Thanks again!
I suppose if you can't be bothered to try and solve your problem, why should we? Look at your metadata, then the problem (maybe even solution) should become obvious.

As for the script, it's a trivial install, particularly if you already have Python installed. "texturecache.py jd movies avatar" would show you the artwork metadata for the movie Avatar, including logo and cdart. Once you have that information you might start to have a better understanding of whatever it is AD is doing on your system.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Is it possible to force the displays extrafanart?
Extrafanart 1 Extrafanart2 etc. , to place them on the view!

<imagepath>$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart,1]</imagepath>
<imagepath>$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart,2]</imagepath>

thx
I can make this addon automatically run after that update the library happens automatically when I open xbmc? Because even with the option "Run automatically after updating the library" marked on the skin aeon nox 4.1.9, the addon only runs automatically if update the library are manual, or if some other script as the watchdog for example the request. But if the update happens at the opening of XMBC, the addon not run.

Is there a way I can make it run after this automatic update of the library that happens at the opening of xbmc?
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18