• 140(current)
Artwork Downloader
Thank you for your reply. I use aeon nox 4.1.9.9 and in the video info window, i can see the choose art menu, and yes the poster is updated in it, but not in the info window or in the main movie menu (all views)...

Thank you and sorry for my bad english..
(2014-09-11, 19:38)jafichan Wrote: Thank you for your reply. I use aeon nox 4.1.9.9 and in the video info window, i can see the choose art menu, and yes the poster is updated in it, but not in the info window or in the main movie menu (all views)...

Thank you and sorry for my bad english..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1792186
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Ok, so there is no way to get the artwork auto-update when i change something? I have to quit xbmc, delete the texture file, and relaunch each time?
Thx
(2014-09-11, 21:04)jafichan Wrote: Ok, so there is no way to get the artwork auto-update when i change something? I have to quit xbmc, delete the texture file, and relaunch each time?
Thx

Or use the script in my sig to recache artwork for specific movies. You certainly don't want to delete your Textures13.db if you can help it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-09-11, 21:04)jafichan Wrote: Ok, so there is no way to get the artwork auto-update when i change something? I have to quit xbmc, delete the texture file, and relaunch each time?
Thx

Actually I was suggesting you do it once and it may correct your problem. As Milhouse has suggested, you could also use his command line script.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Ok thank you very much!
SOLVED

Hi

Artwork Downloader doesn't appear to always download Movie disc art images even though there is some present on Fanart.tv site. Has this been reported before?

Example: A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child. There are two disc art images for it on Fanart.tv here.

In this movies folder on my file server I currently do not have a disc art image present, so if I right click this movie title in XBMC and run AD in solo mode on it then I'd expect for it to find a disc image. But when I run solo mode it says Finished 0 Download.

Disc art is selected in the AD options etc.

Yet if I run AD again in GUI mode and select disc art it shows me those two disc art images fine and I can download one OK to my movies folder on the server.

Debug Log file attached:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=297637

Thank you very much for your time.

EDIT:

It appears Artwork Downloader is smarter than I am, in my example above the two disc art images on Fanart.tv one is Blu-ray and the other is German DVD. The title in my library is (English) SD XVID which is presumably why the Solo mode didn't download any of those disc arts. So it appears to be format SD vs HD specific as well as language specific which now makes sense.

Cheers

EDIT 2: OK I think I have found a better example, Stargate in my library is (English) SD XVID format. Looking on Fanart.tv there is one disc art image uploaded by a user called: Canyonhoppers, that is English and DVD so AD in Solo mode should download that disc right? The disc art image says on it, its Ultimate Edition Extended Cut. Does the Edition make any difference anyhow? I doubt it.

Here is the Stargate title from my library:

When I run Solo mode this particular disc art image is not downloaded and I would expect it should be?

Here is a new debug log file for Startgate and running solo mode against it and it completes with Zero downloads.

Looking in the log file I can see this:

Code:
17:44:57 T:2088   DEBUG: CThumbExtractor::DoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file smb://WHS/Movies/XVID/Stargate/Stargate.avi
17:44:57 T:2088   ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, smb://WHS/Movies/XVID/Stargate/Stargate.avi

And this:

Code:
17:45:05 T:5620   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader: * Image type: discart
17:45:05 T:5620   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader:  - Ignoring (Doesn't match preferred disctype: n/a): disc.png
17:45:05 T:5620   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
17:45:05 T:5620   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader:  - Found a total of: 4 discart

"Ignoring (Doesn't match preferred disctype" so its not matched it for some reason? Because it couldn't probe the format type?

Thanks

EDIT 3:

Looks like that Stargate.avi file has got corrupted and is 0KB some how, it doesn't play which would explain the issue. I just searched my entire movie collection for 0KB video files and this is the only one, what are the chances of that, picking this title to run AD in solo mode against.

I just deleted the SD Stargate.avi file and created a new HD Stargate.mp4 file and cleaned / updated the library etc, upon first run of AD in solo mode no disc was downloaded. Second attempt running solo mode again and now a disc has been downloaded, not sure why it didn't do it the first time.
(2014-09-19, 14:44)cw-kid Wrote: SOLVED

Hi

Artwork Downloader doesn't appear to always download Movie disc art images even though there is some present on Fanart.tv site. Has this been reported before?

Example: A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child. There are two disc art images for it on Fanart.tv here.

In this movies folder on my file server I currently do not have a disc art image present, so if I right click this movie title in XBMC and run AD in solo mode on it then I'd expect for it to find a disc image. But when I run solo mode it says Finished 0 Download.

Disc art is selected in the AD options etc.

Yet if I run AD again in GUI mode and select disc art it shows me those two disc art images fine and I can download one OK to my movies folder on the server.

Debug Log file attached:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=297637

Thank you very much for your time.

EDIT:

It appears Artwork Downloader is smarter than I am, in my example above the two disc art images on Fanart.tv one is Blu-ray and the other is German DVD. The title in my library is (English) SD XVID which is presumably why the Solo mode didn't download any of those disc arts. So it appears to be format SD vs HD specific as well as language specific which now makes sense.

Cheers

EDIT 2: OK I think I have found a better example, Stargate in my library is (English) SD XVID format. Looking on Fanart.tv there is one disc art image uploaded by a user called: Canyonhoppers, that is English and DVD so AD in Solo mode should download that disc right? The disc art image says on it, its Ultimate Edition Extended Cut. Does the Edition make any difference anyhow? I doubt it.

Here is the Stargate title from my library:

When I run Solo mode this particular disc art image is not downloaded and I would expect it should be?

Here is a new debug log file for Startgate and running solo mode against it and it completes with Zero downloads.

Looking in the log file I can see this:

Code:
17:44:57 T:2088   DEBUG: CThumbExtractor::DoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file smb://WHS/Movies/XVID/Stargate/Stargate.avi
17:44:57 T:2088   ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, smb://WHS/Movies/XVID/Stargate/Stargate.avi

And this:

Code:
17:45:05 T:5620   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader: * Image type: discart
17:45:05 T:5620   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader:  - Ignoring (Doesn't match preferred disctype: n/a): disc.png
17:45:05 T:5620   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
17:45:05 T:5620   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader:  - Found a total of: 4 discart

"Ignoring (Doesn't match preferred disctype" so its not matched it for some reason? Because it couldn't probe the format type?

Thanks

EDIT 3:

Looks like that Stargate.avi file has got corrupted and is 0KB some how, it doesn't play which would explain the issue. I just searched my entire movie collection for 0KB video files and this is the only one, what are the chances of that, picking this title to run AD in solo mode against.

I just deleted the SD Stargate.avi file and created a new HD Stargate.mp4 file and cleaned / updated the library etc, upon first run of AD in solo mode no disc was downloaded. Second attempt running solo mode again and now a disc has been downloaded, not sure why it didn't do it the first time.

This also happens to me.
I think it's due to the artwork downloader reading your .mkv (or whatever file it is) and as it is not DVD quality, even if there is a disc (DVD), it will not download it automatically, unless you go via GUI mode.

Pretty bad, no solution till this day.

Do you have an idea? I guess it will have to go through a bug fix im afraid?

There should be an option on the program for us to tick, if we don't care for the origin of the disc art (my case).
Hi all,

Is there anyway to modify the file permissions that artwork downloader applies to it's downloaded files.

My artwork is stored is the same folder as my movie on my NAS. I have my NAS set to create all new files / folders as read/write but for some reason artwork downloader gives them a weird permissions and if I want to copy/ move / delete or even see any artwork via windows explorer I have to reforce the permissions on my NAS admin page.
How can i set a season poster with this program overriding the standard poster from XBMC?
I download it via GUI mode and/or SOLO and it does not apply.
Nor can I set it up by "manage" and "choose artwork" it's simpy not listed
I have a problem with some of my art not displaying. I have 2 machines running XBMC. The main XBMC machine holds all the files which are then shared out to the other computer. On the secondary machine that accesses the files from the main XBMC machine, movie logos don't display. The files on the main machine are setup correctly (inside each movie folder is the movie file, banner.jpg, clearart.png, disc.png, etc.) I tried to run AD on the secondary machine. I have use local files turned on. After AD scans my files it then only downloads clearart.png, disc.png and logo.png. I haven't checked yet to see where it is downloading these files to but logos do display after I run AD. I don't see why my secondary machine didn't "see" all the local art on machine?
(2014-09-27, 04:22)strider209 Wrote: I have a problem with some of my art not displaying. I have 2 machines running XBMC. The main XBMC machine holds all the files which are then shared out to the other computer. On the secondary machine that accesses the files from the main XBMC machine, movie logos don't display. The files on the main machine are setup correctly (inside each movie folder is the movie file, banner.jpg, clearart.png, disc.png, etc.) I tried to run AD on the secondary machine. I have use local files turned on. After AD scans my files it then only downloads clearart.png, disc.png and logo.png. I haven't checked yet to see where it is downloading these files to but logos do display after I run AD. I don't see why my secondary machine didn't "see" all the local art on machine?

Is nut entirely clear, but are you using path substitution to share thumbnails between multiple clients? That doesn't work and is usually responsible for the kind of problem you describe.

Stop using path substitution to "share" thumbnails.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi. I want to remove all of the artwork cahched by the plugin and also the entries made in the artwork selection screen so I only have clearlogo art downloaded and selectable through the artwork selection screen, because I have no use for the others, but after having made my first scrape with all the opptions enabled, I can't get rid of the other entries in the artwork selection screen and when I export my thumbnails and artwork using the xbmc library export it gives me all the artwork that I don't need clogging up my movie folders.

If I completely clear the thumbnail cache, delete everything, will all my selected artwork be cleared to the default or will I still have the same art as before, just need to have it downloaded again? And will it affect what options I have in the artwork selection screen?
No and no. You need to remove the unwanted artwork from your media library, then (and only then) can you remove this artwork from your thumbnail cache.

Removing artwork from the media library can be done either manually using the GUI, or automatically using JSON.
How (is there a way?) to remove images/thumbs/fanart/etc that were downloaded but are not linked in the database to any movie?

An example of this is when we exchange for example 30 posters for 30 new posters on movies.

Is there a way to delete the "garbage" ? Manually is not an option for a database of 3000+++ movies because the .jps are not named lol.
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18