• 150(current)
Artwork Downloader

(2015-03-06, 07:23)DruTheFu Wrote: Up in post #2227, you mention you can lend a hand in some Windows commands for this Simlink option. I'm open to giving this a try, just lead the way.
For Windows only
  1. At the original folder location, press the SHIFT key, right-click and select “Open command window here”
  2. Type:
    mklink /J C:\Directory1\Folder1\"Another Folder"\Folder3\Thumbnails P:\Directory2\Folder2\Thumbnails
  3. Press Enter, and the Symlink will be created in Folder3
Considerations:
  • Where C is the original Drive Letter and P is the new Drive letter. Drives could be local or network.
  • The “/J” switch refers to a specific kind of symbolic link called directory junction
  • Folder3 is the original folder location
  • Thumbnails is the folder we need to create a Symlink for. If Thumbnails exists already, then it must be renamed before creating the Symlink, and its contents be manually moved back into the new Thumbnails Symlink just created within Folder3.
  • Another Folder is an example of any folder name consisting in more than one word that may exist, in which case the name must go between double inverted commas.

Obs. To do this in a Fire TV running Android you can ask someone who knows. I don't know, and unfortunately I don't have an Android device with me to test.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hello,
i´ve the problem that the Artwork Downloader downloads all images expect the Logos and Clearart for TV Shows. IS this a known issue or is it a problem on my side? I use Kodi with Neon Skin on Arch Linux.

odin89
For anyone else is the settings page options all spaced out and hard to change some?
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
I am new to HTPC and Artwork Downloader. After I added my movie library and want to download artwork I get the following message "No Library Item Selected" .

How do I download artwork or create a valid library. This happens on Aeon MQ 5 Helix skin.

Could anyone assist?
Did you set the content of your Movie source and scan/scrape it to create a Movies library?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks again capfuturo on the recommendation for implementing a Simlink option, but I don't think that will work for my scenario of AFTV (Android) to Windows 8.1 source. I wish that weren't the case, as I'd like to decrease the amount of storage being used by the Artwork Downloader addon, and specifically the size of the \temp folder.

Is there any chance that instead of using a possible work around via Simlink to designate a path to storage, if a feature request can be made within this addon to allow for remote storage on the LAN for the files this addon downloads, via a SMB/NFS path. This would be a huge benefit for those of us with very limited onboard storage on the device Kodi is installed onto.

Thanks
@DruTheFu: you are welcome. I believe implementing Symlinks on Android would mean setting up root access on AFTV ;-)
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
As much as I love the additional artwork obtained through this nice plugin, I think I'll have to do without until if/when an option to store files on a network share drive is available as a feature. I hope the Gods are listening.

With my AFTV showing 5.5GB of total available storage (other than the OS files, and an 8GB total storage advertised), and the files downloaded from this addon, I'm at about 96% capacity, leaving little room for anything else, and performance starting to show some negative effects. Maybe I'll delete all files already downloaded, and configure the option to limit artwork to 5 items, and rescan. That MAY help.

I got my AFTV's late in the game, after Amazon already updated the firmware to remove the ability to root. Sad

Oh well, I'm back to the drawing board.
NM seems to be working right now.
Random question... but I have done a massive download of all artowork recently and just added about 20 new movies/shows yesterday. Is there a way for the Add-on to download all artwork for only the new movies/shows without doing it manually for each one or having to overwrite all existing files and do it all over again for my whole library?
Hi,
I noticed that my Kodi installation is savig thumbnails and stuff to directory:
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails

But my movie collection is on another drive and I am using another program to scrape for poster and thumbnail information already at this location:
Z:\Movies\<Movie Name>

Kodi already knows that my movies are on my Z drive and loads them up properly but just womdering if it is totally ignoring the thumbnails already within each movies subdirectory on the Z drive? ( eg., Z:\Movies\<Movie Name>poster.jpg and I also have an actors subdirectory etc. )

Is there a way to force Kodi to read the thumbnails from the Z drive instead of adding new art to the C drive and clogging it up ( its over 5 gigs now )

THanks
@fynxgloire: Kodi is using your Thumbnails folder indeed.

Explanation: All textures that Kodi loads, with the exception of textures that are provided directly by the skin, are cached to the userdata/Thumbnails folder. Kodi maintains a local texture cache for thumbs and fanart, to allow fast loading of these images so that skins can display your media in the best way possible and quickly.

Possible steps: clean (or delete) your thumbnails folder every now and then. Recommended tools: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373

Hope that clarifies it for you.
Best,

capfuturo

Is it a bug or is it just the usual "ohh silly me..." O_o

ListItem.Art(tvshow.seasonposter) will be downloaded and set correctly, but it applies to the complete TV show instead of replacing the thumb for a single season?
The same happens to tvshow.seasonlandscape

Another thing is:
If I enable "local files" the seasonXX-poster.jpg will be stored in ListItem.Path folder, but Kodi does not have a 01,02,03......,08,09 season counting. ListItem.Season <10 has just one single number and ArtworkDownloader better should store them with "seasonX-poster.jpg"
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Thank you CapFuturo, but that link looks like a nightmare to use.
Instead I deleted all files in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails
and cleared up my 5 gigs of space on my C drive. ( Now windows has enough space to install updates and my PC
no longer reboots or hangs like it used to. I ran out of space because Kodi kept saving all images to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails )

After I deleted the files, now when I run KODI, I cannot see any more srttwork anywhere, its not showing in my movies, TV Shows etc.
What can I do to force KODI to read the artwork from the Z drive now?
Or do I have to reinstall the entire program again?

Thanks

(2015-03-15, 18:24)capfuturo Wrote: @fynxgloire: Kodi is using your Thumbnails folder indeed.

Explanation: All textures that Kodi loads, with the exception of textures that are provided directly by the skin, are cached to the userdata/Thumbnails folder. Kodi maintains a local texture cache for thumbs and fanart, to allow fast loading of these images so that skins can display your media in the best way possible and quickly.

Possible steps: clean (or delete) your thumbnails folder every now and then. Recommended tools: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373

Hope that clarifies it for you.
(2015-03-17, 09:57)fynxgloire Wrote: Thank you CapFuturo, but that link looks like a nightmare to use.
Instead I deleted all files in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails
and cleared up my 5 gigs of space on my C drive. ( Now windows has enough space to install updates and my PC
no longer reboots or hangs like it used to. I ran out of space because Kodi kept saving all images to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails )

After I deleted the files, now when I run KODI, I cannot see any more srttwork anywhere, its not showing in my movies, TV Shows etc.
What can I do to force KODI to read the artwork from the Z drive now?
Or do I have to reinstall the entire program again?

Thanks

Try this one instead. Easy to use, cleans up your thumbs nicely.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18