• 157(current)
Artwork Downloader
@Tennyten: your welcome and, as said, simply stick to low rating so HD images which have not been voted high could get fetched by this add-on. Otherwise use media manager.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2015-06-03, 19:07)Tennyten Wrote: I guess I'm suggesting that maybe there is a way to get only specified resolutions which is what I thought artwork downloader provided. I did mistake rating with quality. Running a HTPC with 1080 and above resolutions you really notice when 720 or below is presented. Let's say for MovieDB there's art I would like downloaded from there but not given an option to do so in artwork downloader or a do not return any resolutions below this option. So I end up deleting low resolution art out of folders every time the addon does a mass update which is a pain in the butt with larger libraries. Just thoughts on improvement. Still a great addon and a big help. Thanks.

You should consider using a scrapper such as Ember Media Manager that allow you pick your exact artwork.
v1.3.x: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=165012 (current most stable release)
v1.4.x.x: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=191781 (new major version work in progress)

Yes there are other scrappers, but this is the only one that I happen to use.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Or Mediacompanion http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129134
Which also allows users to auto download fanart.tv artwork or user select it.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Ok is it true you can't disable the popups when Artwork Downloader searches for artwork when I start kodi?

How do I run the script in silent mode so it doesn't make a sound when the pop ups start? I go to AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\ and then what?? What file do I change?
(2015-06-05, 09:36)Cowboy_Henk Wrote: Ok is it true you can't disable the popups when Artwork Downloader searches for artwork when I start kodi?

How do I run the script in silent mode so it doesn't make a sound when the pop ups start? I go to AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\ and then what?? What file do I change?

I think there's an option in the app's settings menu where you can select 'Run in the background'.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-06-05, 14:38)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 09:36)Cowboy_Henk Wrote: Ok is it true you can't disable the popups when Artwork Downloader searches for artwork when I start kodi?

I think there's an option in the app's settings menu where you can select 'Run in the background'.

OkI had this enabled already but it still makes an annoying sound when it searches and finishes searching
Hello!
This is my first post, so please be gentle Smile

I've recently updated to Kodi 14.2 after running XBMC 13.2 for a long time. And after the upgrade i can no longer get Artwork Downloader to work as it did before.
With XBMC 13.2 I could just go to a specific movie, choose "get artwork" and click for example clearart, and then it would search and present me with a list of available clearart downloadable for that specific movie. That is no longer the case. Now Artwork downloader just download one image of it's own choosing for banners, clearart, clearlogo, discart and landscape. The exceptions being posters and fanart. For those two I am presented with a list of available remote art just as I was before.

Example from fanart. Here I have a list of several avaiable images
http://s29.postimg.org/bpzfvbn9z/screenshot000.png

Example from clearart. Here there is only the one image avaiable that Artwork Downloader choose for me. No option to download other available remote art.
http://s2.postimg.org/3u5ipztrd/screenshot001.png

Have I missed something in the configuration? I've looked through the settings in Artwork Downloader but can't find any obvious setting.

Edit:

I've also noticed that there is no way to trigger a artwork search for a specific movie when it comes to clearart etc. The only way for me to get Artwork Downloader to download any kind of clearart, clearlogo etc it to scan through the entire library of movies.
http://s15.postimg.org/txlh3czhn/screenshot002.png

Another Edit:
I've also noticed that when you do select a clearart for a Movie the Movie poster still overlaps the clearart when you start playing the Movie.
Like so: http://s8.postimg.org/8wh27aad1/clearart_fail.jpg
Hi Martijn.

Cannot find your post but I'm quite sure that you told us that you were working on a release to use MovieName-discart.png (and other artwork file) beside disc.png when loading artworks from local files.

Any news ?

I'm running 12.0.29.

My local files :

After running A.D., artworks are downloaded :

But local files (named by Kodi after an separated files export) are not used and A.D. downloaded new one :

Thanks.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
I have a few questions about my process and the artwork downloader. Accompanied by some screen shots, I hope someone will be able to help me solve my issues.

I use Couch Potato to download my movies to my primary computer/hard drive. The folder structure that CP creates looks like this:

(for some reason, the clearart doesn't seem to download, even though I have it selected to in CP, but thats another question for the CP Forum)

I update my library on my lounge room NUC and it adds the movie, however the logo/clear art / discart do not seem to add, as per the screenshot below:

To add this additional artwork I have to manually run the Get Logo/clearart in the MQ5 menu:

My first question, is how do I get this to run automatically when it adds the movie to my library?

At the moment, running the manual 'get clearart', Artwork Downloader runs through the download process, but it looks like it is downloading everything again from the internet, rather than using the images in the same folder as the movie:

How do I get it to use the local data rather than redownloading it. I have this setting turned on in the add-on settings.

Also, my understanding was that if Artwork Downloader did download something from the internet that was missing from the local folder (in this case the clearart for example) that it would save it to the local folder. I confirm this hasn't happened. How can I get it do that?

My settings in Artwork Downloader look like this:

What am I doing wrong.

This is what I want:
- Artwork Downloader to run Automatically when a new video is added,
- To download all clearart/discart/logo/posters/extrafanart etc
- To download first from the folder where the movie is, then download from the other sources if missing in folder
- If downloading from the other sources, I want that new stuff saved to the movie folder.

Apologies for the long post, I just like to make sure I'm very clear for ease of help.

Thanks very much.
1st skin has to support the automatic running of AD.
2nd go to AD settings and change the settings to use local files.
Don't know if it could be the issue, but the directory name of your movie doesn't match the movie name : the "the" it's at the end. Also Fanart should be maybe named just Fanart.jpg.
The rest of your setup is OK IMO.
(2015-06-26, 11:40)Frozin Wrote: 1st skin has to support the automatic running of AD.
2nd go to AD settings and change the settings to use local files.

Can it run automatically?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-06-12, 15:36)Peranor Wrote: Hello!
This is my first post, so please be gentle Smile

I've recently updated to Kodi 14.2 after running XBMC 13.2 for a long time. And after the upgrade i can no longer get Artwork Downloader to work as it did before.
With XBMC 13.2 I could just go to a specific movie, choose "get artwork" and click for example clearart, and then it would search and present me with a list of available clearart downloadable for that specific movie. That is no longer the case. Now Artwork downloader just download one image of it's own choosing for banners, clearart, clearlogo, discart and landscape. The exceptions being posters and fanart. For those two I am presented with a list of available remote art just as I was before.

Example from fanart. Here I have a list of several avaiable images

Example from clearart. Here there is only the one image avaiable that Artwork Downloader choose for me. No option to download other available remote art.

Have I missed something in the configuration? I've looked through the settings in Artwork Downloader but can't find any obvious setting.

Edit:

I've also noticed that there is no way to trigger a artwork search for a specific movie when it comes to clearart etc. The only way for me to get Artwork Downloader to download any kind of clearart, clearlogo etc it to scan through the entire library of movies.

Another Edit:
I've also noticed that when you do select a clearart for a Movie the Movie poster still overlaps the clearart when you start playing the Movie.

Like so:

I can also add that I use Confluence custom mod skin. But the exact same problem happens with the default Confluence skin as well.
(2015-06-26, 09:24)chongwho Wrote: This is what I want:
- Artwork Downloader to run Automatically when a new video is added,
- To download all clearart/discart/logo/posters/extrafanart etc
- To download first from the folder where the movie is, then download from the other sources if missing in folder
- If downloading from the other sources, I want that new stuff saved to the movie folder.

Apologies for the long post, I just like to make sure I'm very clear for ease of help.

Thanks very much.

PMFJI

I maintain MQ5 unofficially for Helix and Isengard. MQ5 does not have support for running automatically after a database update. MQ5 provides options in the UI to run artwork downloader for all movies/tvshows/musicvideos (auto), and for the currently focused video item in 3 variations -- using art-types you have in artwork downloader settings (solo) , via a one-time selection of art-types (GUI) or force download of all available art-types (custom).

Any other questions or follow-up (other than specific to the settings for artwork downloader) should be directed to the skin Aeon MQ forum in the appropriate (Helix or Isengard) threads.

scott s.
(2015-06-25, 10:15)mikebzh44 Wrote: Hi Martijn.

Cannot find your post but I'm quite sure that you told us that you were working on a release to use MovieName-discart.png (and other artwork file) beside disc.png when loading artworks from local files.

Any news ?
Thanks.
@mikebzh44: not sure but perhaps it was this one you refer to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1698541 hope it helps!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18