• 166(current)
Artwork Downloader
Hello!
I have noticed that the plugin no more find artoworks except poster and fanart. I am testing on Kodi 15.2 Android.
That is kind of weird since there is for example banners in fanart.tv site
Can someone give me info where could be theproblem? thanks!
(2015-10-25, 10:04)DimitarCC Wrote: Hello!
I have noticed that the plugin no more find artoworks except poster and fanart. I am testing on Kodi 15.2 Android.

Am having the same issue only today though possibly a problem with fan art.tv
(2015-10-18, 21:29)raspdealer Wrote: Hey there,

I've activated the Centralize option, to avoid the download on my shows folder, and to get all artwork in the same spot.

My USB is now full of pictures, but the addon still continue to create extrafanart folder and to fill it... Why?
and what is the "Use local files" options ?
Thanks for your help.

A little up please!!! Thanks!
(2015-10-28, 13:44)raspdealer Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 21:29)raspdealer Wrote: Hey there,

I've activated the Centralize option, to avoid the download on my shows folder, and to get all artwork in the same spot.

My USB is now full of pictures, but the addon still continue to create extrafanart folder and to fill it... Why?
and what is the "Use local files" options ?
Thanks for your help.

A little up please!!! Thanks!

Without the use local option, this addon does not download any pictures. It just find the web url for the artwork, and puts that url into the database so kodi can retrieve the artwork from the web when needed.

With use local turned on, this addon downloads the artwork, and updates the database with the path of the local file instead of the web url so kodi can retrieve it from the local folder when needed

I don't use extra fanart so I can't answer that question
Extrafanart is a skin hack as the extrafanart is not added to the media library, instead the skins expect to find the extrafanart directory alongside the media. For this reason you can't (currently) centralize extrafanart (or extrathumbs).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-10-28, 18:23)aptalca Wrote: Without the use local option, this addon does not download any pictures. It just find the web url for the artwork, and puts that url into the database so kodi can retrieve the artwork from the web when needed.

With use local turned on, this addon downloads the artwork, and updates the database with the path of the local file instead of the web url so kodi can retrieve it from the local folder when needed

I don't use extra fanart so I can't answer that question

Ok thanks for that. I will keep it on think it will be faster.

(2015-10-28, 20:02)Milhouse Wrote: Extrafanart is a skin hack as the extrafanart is not added to the media library, instead the skins expect to find the extrafanart directory alongside the media. For this reason you can't (currently) centralize extrafanart (or extrathumbs).

So this centralize option just do a copy but kodi is not able to use it at 100% (and free space in media folders)...
So bad!
I got another question.
I've disabled all notification but everytime a new episode is detected by the library scan, I get the extrafanart notification...

How can I hide it?
Thanks!
Hi just wanted some advice on artwork downloader never had a problem till few days ago i reformatted my pc installed kodi and my addon did a scan got all artwork fantart,banners,posters,logo,disk art all fine day later i added some more movies and now i can only get poster and fanart no logo or disk art checked with fanart tv for them movies and disk and logos are on the site i also went in the forum some one else had same problem the admin said may be a problem with kodi is this app broken any help be great many thanks
(2015-10-25, 10:04)DimitarCC Wrote: Hello!

Same issue here. It has been started some days ago
The problem occurs randomly and is most likely to do with server issues. It'll fix itself soon enough.
i am so sorry
you can tell how integrate the artwork downloader into my confluence and re-touched skins step by step
i quite lost and i can't figure it out
please please may any one can help
I've been having a strange issue and don't know which direction to turn. I use MetaBrowser to do all my metadata capture, and artwork downloading so when I move the title into my NAS share that Kodi references, all the data is present and clean. When I add the title to Kodi, all the meta data shows up fine, actors and all. However, the Clear Art, Banner, Disc and Landscape art doesn't display even though artwork downloader ran and is set to local. I have to manually add those elements using Choose Art function from the title's info screen. And even more interesting, after adding those art elements, I can run Artwork Downloader again on the title, and it will "remove" that art. The art is still in the source folder, its not like it deleted anything, just removed the references.

I've turned on the debug option in Artwork Downloader and can post accordingly with screenshots as well. (when the debug option is turned on, does it write to the normal kodi log or create another seperate log somewhere else just containing its own relevent traces?)

Help is appreciated. Thanks.
(2015-11-07, 22:55)Toxic Man Wrote: I've been having a strange issue and don't know which direction to turn. I use MetaBrowser to do all my metadata capture, and artwork downloading so when I move the title into my NAS share that Kodi references, all the data is present and clean. When I add the title to Kodi, all the meta data shows up fine, actors and all. However, the Clear Art, Banner, Disc and Landscape art doesn't display even though artwork downloader ran and is set to local. I have to manually add those elements using Choose Art function from the title's info screen. And even more interesting, after adding those art elements, I can run Artwork Downloader again on the title, and it will "remove" that art. The art is still in the source folder, its not like it deleted anything, just removed the references.

I've turned on the debug option in Artwork Downloader and can post accordingly with screenshots as well. (when the debug option is turned on, does it write to the normal kodi log or create another seperate log somewhere else just containing its own relevent traces?)

Help is appreciated. Thanks.
Writes to the Kodi log. You'll need to set up a test library probably. Otherwise the file will be too large for pastebin or kodilogs. I think you'll also have to enable debug loging in Kodi.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
@Martijn What's the status of the updates you wanted me to rebase this multi-fanart change on?
(2015-11-02, 22:57)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: The problem occurs randomly and is most likely to do with server issues. It'll fix itself soon enough.

It's been a couple of days now, and it still doesn't seem to work. Did fanart.tv change anything? They're saying the didn't, but the result is still not found on anything besides poster and fanarts.
  • 166(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18