• 168(current)
Artwork Downloader
OK. Issue seems to be fixed with the TMDB scraper update.

I had to download the 3.8.7 update as a zip and run the install from zip. Forcing auto update didn't work.The skin had automatically installed an old version.

Once installed I searched and removed all jpgs, info, png, and extrart folders from my media drive. I set the source scraper to none and ran clean video library a few times to delete old info out of the data base.

I then ran update video library and checked that the descriptions, poster art and backgrounds were correct. Then I ran AD and everything downloaded clearance and disc art.

I haven't set AD to save local files yet or downloaded any extrart yet. I'll save that until I have more time.

I hope this helps anyone have issues.
OK, I seem to use the Universal Movie Scraper... does that maybe have the issue in a different way? It does get info from TMDB though...

If I rescrape with latest TMBD scraper, it adds ok, but will still not download the other graphics through Artwork Downloader Sad

I really do *not* look forward to rescraping everyhting!
Even with using the *fixed* universal movie scraper or tmdb scraper, I get the following when adding a total new movie as a result in the Artwork Downloader:

Quote:Artwork Downloader:
- Time of finish: 17 November 2015 - 20:03
Downloaded:
- Total Artwork: 17
- Extrafanart: 13
- Extrathumbs: 4
Failed items:
- [The Man from U.N.C.L.E.] banner not found!
- [The Man from U.N.C.L.E.] clearart not found!
- [The Man from U.N.C.L.E.] clearlogo not found!
- [The Man from U.N.C.L.E.] discart not found!
- [The Man from U.N.C.L.E.] landscape not found!

I don't know what's going on...
(2015-11-17, 21:08)Thugbear Wrote: ...I don't know what's going on...

Yes. I've also still got a number of movies that are missing some disc art, clear art etc. But my issue was that AD downloaded incorrect files for everything including poster art, thumbnails and background images. At least with the updated scraper these are now correct and I have most of the CD art.

I've checked a couple of the movies that failed to download everything on Fanart.tv and they do have the missing elements so it looks like the "not found" problem for some elements is an ongoing issue.

It might be worth deleting your Textures#.db and trying to download again. Do you have AD set to use local files?
(2015-11-18, 02:16)Shellcaster Wrote:
(2015-11-17, 21:08)Thugbear Wrote: ...I don't know what's going on...

Yes. I've also still got a number of movies that are missing some disc art, clear art etc. But my issue was that AD downloaded incorrect files for everything including poster art, thumbnails and background images. At least with the updated scraper these are now correct and I have most of the CD art.

I've checked a couple of the movies that failed to download everything on Fanart.tv and they do have the missing elements so it looks like the "not found" problem for some elements is an ongoing issue.

It might be worth deleting your Textures#.db and trying to download again. Do you have AD set to use local files?

Yes I do. I will make a backup and see what happens when I get home. Though that should play a factor if there is info on the site, yet not locally?
I find it really strange that the problem is not universal. I am using the same scrapers and it is all running flawlessly (running Openelec).

It cannot be server-related or else we'd be in the same boat. I suspect a hardware/skin issue.
(2015-11-19, 01:07)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: I find it really strange that the problem is not universal. I am using the same scrapers and it is all running flawlessly (running Openelec).

It cannot be server-related or else we'd be in the same boat. I suspect a hardware/skin issue.

I'm thinking the same thing. I set AD to local files last night and ran a download. It worked... sort of. AD downloaded files for nearly everything except a few obscure titles. However I ended up with a lot of alternative user submitted artworks instead of the preferred "retail" versions and quite a few titles had foreign language (German i think) posters and thumbnails.

I guess I'll reset everything again and use AD without local files. Everything I enable it I get odd results.
Skinwise I use Aeon MQ6. But it also doesnt give the discart for example if I run the Artwork Downloader itself or in Confluence.
And I run 15.2 on Windows 10 and not using local files

Weird thing is it worked perfect till a few weeks back, when people said it was due to load of the server and it'll fix itself.

Is there some cache setting for Artwork Downloader that might be wrong? I find it weird it's just reporting NOT FOUND when it is there on the server side...

I renamed textures13.db but that didn't help...
Does artwork downloader download extra/additional or say all the available posters on fanart or tmdb for any given movie?
It downloads multiple fanarts, but what about posters, i see only one option for a poster for each movie. am i missing something to enable these to download all the available options?
I think I've managed to work out what is happening. However I don't have the cause.

1. Wrong artwork matching. This was due to movies being scraped incorrectly my TMDB scaper. Fixed by updating the scraper to 3.8.7.

2. Low rated or foreign artwork being downloaded. Firstly this only happens when I have use local files selected. Leaving local files off and letting Kodi match fan art and poster art automatically works fine. What is happening is that AD is ignoring language and artwork rating settings and downloading the first result from the match. If the first result it looks up is in German you get the German art even if your language is set to English. If the first result is some obscure fan made poster with no stars you get that instead of the artwork with 10 stars against it.

I discovered this when I decided to manually lookup and replace some of the foreign artwork using the AD GUI dropdown menu. In every case the first entry of the available artwork AD listed was the foreign or low rated art that had been downloaded.

I verified this by resetting everything and allowing Kodi to automatically choose the art. Then checked what Kodi had loaded against AD's GUI list. The art automatically selected matched the language and had the high ratings. I then manually ran AD with use local files on and matching set to use a minimum rating of 6. AD replaced the automatically downloaded art with foreign or art rated below 6. Some downloaded art had no rating at all against it. Again in every case I checked the downloaded art was the first entry in the GUI generated list.

As I recently upgrades to Windows 10 and installed the MQ6 skin, I don't know if this is an issue caused by the OS, the skin or AD. I've settled on allowing Kodi to automatically match the art and using the GUI to manually select CD and Clearart. Its laborious but at least it works.
I cannot get it to show anything in GUI mode except poster and fanart... yet it exists on the websiote. This will keep me driving nuts - especially since the problem exists but its not clear where.

On a side note - if I delete and re-add an older movie that has all the artwork, it will not find the art.
I just wanted to confirm that I have been having the same problem others are experiencing. I am on Windows 10, I have tried downloading reinstalling artwork downloader and deleting settings folder in the addon_data folder. I have even gone as far as upgrading to Jarvis. Unfortunately the problem still persists. I use IMDB scraper and use media companion to generate .nfo's for all my movies. I can see the artwork for the problem movies is available via media companion

However artwork downloader for some reason does not see any of the available artwork on fanart TV

The problem extends to my TV shows too. I use Kodi's internal scrapers (TVDB) The shows scan in fine but as for Artwork downloader, no logo's,clearart get downloaded. I am out of ideas, something definitely recently broke. Confused
I think it's a Windows bug. Is there anyone here having the same issue but not on Windows 10?

I am running fine on Openelec.
The same here. Only poster and fanart is available in GUI mode. Problem began some weeks ago. I'm using Windows 8.1.
I have the same issue on OpenElec so not a Windows bug.
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18