• 184(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2017-07-16, 23:55)shedrock Wrote: I have fixed it. You just need to register your own API keys on fanart.tv and themoviedb.org. Once you've done that you just need to edit the following files:

\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\fanarttv.py and \addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py

Note: For the fanart.tv API key I had to apply for the Project API Keys, the Personal API Keys option did not download all the artwork.

I used Notepad++ to edit the files and it can be downloaded HERE - Once you have that installed you can browse over to edit the (2) files.

On Windows:

Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/addons/script.artwork.downloader/lib/provider/fanarttv.py
Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/addons/script.artwork.downloader/lib/provider/tmdb.py

On Linux:

\\your.ip.address\kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\fanarttv.py
\\your.ip.address\kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py

Save and reboot.

That's it!

Shedrock
For themoviedb.org do we have to apply for developer or professional API key?
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
@iMak - I applied for the Developer Key.
Maybe the addon dev could add an option allowing to enter personal keys

Would be simpler for users
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-07-17, 11:06)iMak Wrote: @shedrock

Thank you for the solution. Is this a temporarily fix or it's the only fix?

I actually know nothing about all this. I just assumed it was an API thing and applied for my own keys. Once I applied them, it worked. I would also think this would be a permanent fix because you now have your own API keys. Then again, I could be wrong. Big Grin
(2017-07-17, 18:15)Gracus Wrote: Maybe the addon dev could add an option allowing to enter personal keys

Would be simpler for users

I agree 100%, but I am sure he must be very busy with other Kodi matters. I am sure he will eventually get to it.

Cheers!
(2017-07-17, 15:27)Simkin84 Wrote:
(2017-07-17, 00:06)famitsu1 Wrote: Brill work shedrock. But to total newb dunces like myself could you provide a step by step guide, as at the mo API keys and editing files (from what to what) may as well be a foreign language.
Would also like to know. Edit what to what.

Sent fra min D6503 via Tapatalk

The 2 files I am pointing to in my post tells you what you do. You just have to change the API key in each of those files. You actually can't miss it once you see inside the files.
I'm just guessing but I think it's related to the recent API changes that caused our scrapes to also stop working.
(2017-07-17, 18:50)Hitcher Wrote: I'm just guessing but I think it's related to the recent API changes that caused our scrapes to also stop working.

If that was the case, it would not work after entering personal API keys

Or maybe I misunderstand something
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-07-17, 18:15)shedrock Wrote:

I actually know nothing about all this. I just assumed it was an API thing and applied for my own keys. Once I applied them, it worked. I would also think this would be a permanent fix because you now have your own API keys. Then again, I could be wrong. Big Grin
Thanks. But if the addon got updated by the developer, won't this personal API be changed?
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
After changing the API's, Poster and Fanart are back to the listing of Artwork Downloader.

Thank you @shedrock
(2017-07-17, 21:35)iMak Wrote:
(2017-07-17, 18:15)shedrock Wrote:

Thanks. But if the addon got updated by the developer, won't this personal API be changed?

(2017-07-17, 22:25)iMak Wrote: After changing the API's, Poster and Fanart are back to the listing of Artwork Downloader.

Thank you @shedrock

It really shouldn't matter because you're now using your own API instead of everyone using the same, which I would imagine is better in terms of bogging the sites down. I am not 100% sure TBH.
Huge thanks once again shedrock for taking the time to explain the whole process. Just tried it now and hey presto everything is back working again as it should. Brill job sir.
Working again here also, great work and thank you Shedrock!
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21 RC2 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
Sorry to be a total noob but once I have the API for tmdb do I just add it to the tmdb.py file? I did this but just get an error in the addon. Or do I have to "create application" on the site too?
(2017-07-18, 14:34)Code101 Wrote: Sorry to be a total noob but once I have the API for tmdb do I just add it to the tmdb.py file? I did this but just get an error in the addon. Or do I have to "create application" on the site too?

If you are getting an error, it probably means you're entering it incorrectly. Make sure to use the Notepad++ editor. Changing the API key is all that is required, and yes, just the tmdb.py file is necessary to change.

Example:

Code:
API_KEY = 'enter-your-api-key-here'
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18