• 186(current)
Artwork Downloader
Hey all, just first wanted to say Artwork Downloader is totally awesome. Since starting with Titan (using Netflix 2 setting), I've cleaned and re-titled ALL my library (movies and tv) and they are formatted correctly so Kodi can parse it properly. Except for a few that don't have fanart, all titles are showing thumbs 16:9/landscape art properly, and it's truly a work of art.

I'm trying to figure out an issue with a few movies that don't seem to be pulling any art or scraping, even when I can verify fanart.tv has the art, and the tmdb is the correct number and is linked to the correct imdb number. When I had this issue sometimes the fix was removing the folder from path, running Kodi's clean the library command, quit Kodi, start and quit Kodi, add the folder back in the path and start Kodi, and that would work. If that didn't work, I tried renaming the folder to a shorter version (The Matrix (1999) -> Matrix (1999)) and that did the trick. The folder Payback (1999) never pulled any art; I couldn't make it work at all. I finally fixed the issue by going inside Titan to the movie>movie info and setting it manually- Fanart has the TMDB number correct and TMDB is linked to the IMDB number correctly too. File is named Payback.1999.720p.BrRip.x264.mp4 so it should be getting parsed correctly... I guess? Really weird this title didn't work.

Currently the folder X-Men Days of Future Past (2014) doesn't work. Maybe it's due to the lack of the colon ( : ) in the folder title, but other X-Men movies scraped perfectly fine. And now I added more movies that won't pull art... any ideas where I can look to troubleshoot the problem? Thanks all in advance for any suggestions!
Founder, Producer at Techspin. Setup: i3-12100 PRO B660-A 8GB DDR4 | Kodi version updated, not sure
| Sony STR-AN1000 7.2 1155W 8K Atmos AVR | Samsung 65" 4K | Optoma HD26 3D + 100" screen.
(2017-07-17, 18:15)Gracus Wrote: Maybe the addon dev could add an option allowing to enter personal keys

Would be simpler for users

Agree 100%.

Since i'm on the topic, there are several common API keys used by kodi:
  • TMDB
  • TVDB
  • fanart.tv
  • Open Weather
  • Weather Underground
  • Youtube
  • OMDB
  • MusicBrainz
  • etc.

Does anyone think that it would make sense to store these centrally somewhere in kodi so I don't have to remember to enter them everywhere or would this open a can of worms (maybe a section on advancedsettings.xml)?
(2017-07-22, 14:20)wallacebw Wrote: Does anyone think that it would make sense to store these centrally somewhere in kodi so I don't have to remember to enter them everywhere or would this open a can of worms (maybe a section on advancedsettings.xml)?

Why don't you submit a Feature Request.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi,

For several weeks the add-on no longer finds anything.

An idea ?
(2017-07-22, 17:14)Alyy Wrote: Hi,

An idea ?

Read the last couple of pages in this thread.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2017-07-22, 17:28)wgstarks Wrote:
(2017-07-22, 17:14)Alyy Wrote: Hi,

An idea ?

Read the last couple of pages in this thread.

I entered the key API that is on account fanartv, but it does not work.

Is there no other solution ?
(2017-07-22, 14:57)wgstarks Wrote:
(2017-07-22, 14:20)wallacebw Wrote: Does anyone think that it would make sense to store these centrally somewhere in kodi so I don't have to remember to enter them everywhere or would this open a can of worms (maybe a section on advancedsettings.xml)?

Why don't you submit a Feature Request.

Good idea, submitted:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318644
(2017-07-19, 22:43)iMak Wrote: Something is not right here.

After modifying the API's, the AD addon it seems working and downloading the artworks but nothing is showing, the screen is black.

Artworks downloaded.

Nothing appears.

Even when I try to manually choosing the artwork.

Nothing appears.

After you modify your API's do you still have the same issue as mine? Someone chime in.

Having exactly the same issue - it seems work but nothing is downloaded and all the ratings are n/a when going manually...
@Thugbear
Did you follow the instructions on how to modify the API's?

If you have exactly same issue as mine, my case was that my ISO is for some reason blocking some connections within Kodi, but by running a VPN everything seems back to normal.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
I'm guessing that entering personal API keys is a workaround until the root issue is fixed? I'm hoping.....?
Founder, Producer at Techspin. Setup: i3-12100 PRO B660-A 8GB DDR4 | Kodi version updated, not sure
| Sony STR-AN1000 7.2 1155W 8K Atmos AVR | Samsung 65" 4K | Optoma HD26 3D + 100" screen.
(2017-07-16, 23:55)shedrock Wrote: I have fixed it. You just need to register your own API keys on fanart.tv and themoviedb.org. Once you've done that you just need to edit the following files:

\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\fanarttv.py and \addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py

Note 1: For the fanart.tv API key I had to apply for the Project API Keys, the Personal API Keys option did not download all the artwork.
Note 2: For the themoviedb.org API key I applied for the Developer Key.

I used Notepad++ to edit the files and it can be downloaded HERE - Once you have that installed you can browse over to edit the (2) files.

On Windows:

Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/addons/script.artwork.downloader/lib/provider/fanarttv.py
Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/addons/script.artwork.downloader/lib/provider/tmdb.py

On Linux:

\\your.ip.address\kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\fanarttv.py
\\your.ip.address\kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py

Save and reboot.

That's it!

Shedrock

Thanks! Fixed my issue!
Having the same problem. Kodi 17.3 running on Amazon Fire Tv. Have been using Artwork Downloader for months. All of a sudden just keep getting 0 downloads.

I've got an API for fan art, but how do I edit the files on the Fire TV?

Why did it stop working and I now need an API? Not very user friendly
(2017-07-24, 00:24)eon_designs Wrote: Having the same problem. Kodi 17.3 running on Amazon Fire Tv. Have been using Artwork Downloader for months. All of a sudden just keep getting 0 downloads.

Do you have the ability to enable SSH and use SFTP on the Amazon Fire? (http://kodi.wiki/view/Ssh)? If so, you can use Filezilla (or similar) to upload using SFTP. For me, using LibreELEC, the path is:

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.downloader/lib/provider

I also have an API key for Fanart.TV, so I updated that API Key as well (line 34 of fanarttv.py)

The other option is to put the edited files somewhere kodi can access and use file manager to overwrite or rename the 'old' version of the files. (http://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager)
I run artwork downloader but for some reason artworks don't download..anyone know why?TIA
(2017-07-24, 00:24)eon_designs Wrote: Having the same problem. Kodi 17.3 running on Amazon Fire Tv. Have been using Artwork Downloader for months. All of a sudden just keep getting 0 downloads.

You can use xplore app and look for the file, copy it to a thumb drive, on you PC, edit it with Notepad+ and overwrite the original with the modified one.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18