• 195(current)
Artwork Downloader
I took the liberty to add settings in the addon to input the APIs directly from kodi and changed the tvdb.py, tmdb.py and fanarttv.py on lines 33-35 to let the addon read from them

for example:
Quote:import xbmcaddon
Settings = xbmcaddon.Addon().getSetting
API_KEY = Settings('tmdb.api')

The addon can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oeyyd9tcmvatq0...0.zip?dl=0

If it's against the rules feel free to delete this post, I dont want in any way cause any disrespect to the dev, it's just that my library needed this addon badly and I thought to share the fix here.
I used to use Artwork Downloader all the time but it is no longer working..not downloading banners or logos or anything..I am so clueless on what is going on. I added in the API stuff, but that didn't make a diff..it never finds any artwork..

Edit:// Using JonnyBee post got it working again but it ONLY downloads ExtraThumbs and fanart..it won't dl clear art, logos, banners.... any idea?

If you look in the report is says that the logo, banner, etc are not found..which is wrong because I can see them manually on fanart.tv..

Okay so my API for fanart.tv was wrong..so NOW it downloaded the banners and logos..the problem is that now ALL ART is not showing..it will randomly load in and unload (I had the same issue when using an alternate artwork downloader)

Getting so frustrated.
(2017-10-12, 03:36)NewYears1978 Wrote: I used to use Artwork Downloader all the time but it is no longer working..not downloading banners or logos or anything..I am so clueless on what is going on. I added in the API stuff, but that didn't make a diff..it never finds any artwork..

Edit:// Using  JonnyBee post got it working again but it ONLY downloads ExtraThumbs and fanart..it won't dl clear art, logos, banners.... any idea?

If you look in the report is says that the logo, banner, etc are not found..which is wrong because I can see them manually on fanart.tv..

Okay so my API for fanart.tv was wrong..so NOW it downloaded the banners and logos..the problem is that now ALL ART is not showing..it will randomly load in and unload (I had the same issue when using an alternate artwork downloader)

Getting so frustrated.

Try recaching the artworks, deleting the thumbnails folder and restart kodi
Hi everyone. Smile
I just checked the Artwork Downloader (according to my patch and description) works fine.
Everything seems to work well.
I tested for "A Cure for Wellness (2016)" movie.
AD downloaded:
landscape.jpg, banner.jpg, disc.png, clearart.png, fanart.jpg, poster.jpg to the movie directory.
To the extrathumbs directory: 4 JPG files
To the extrafanart directory: 15 JPG files
JB

ps.
Please give examples of the titles of the movies that are in trouble.
I'll look at how,I find time.
Hi, thanks for help with this. I have also been having problems with some movies not downloading all the art even though it is available on fanart.tv.. an example would be King Arthur Legend of the Sword (2017) found here: https://fanart.tv/movie/274857/king-arth...-the-sword - but only shows option for poster and fanart.
(2017-10-14, 20:23)td75 Wrote: Hi, thanks for help with this. I have also been having problems with some movies not downloading all the art even though it is available on fanart.tv.. an example would be King Arthur Legend of the Sword (2017) found here: https://fanart.tv/movie/274857/king-arth...-the-sword - but only shows option for poster and fanart.
Hi, Smile

new test for King Arthur ...
1. I removed the entire "King Arthur" catalog from the disk.
2. I removed the movie "King Arthur ..." from KODI.
3. I created a new catalog "King Arthur ..."
4. I copied to "King Arthur ..." movie "King Arthur ..."
5. I added the movie "King Arthur .." to KODI.
6. I started Artwork Downloader - solo mode

AD downloaded:
landscape.jpg, banner.jpg, clearart.png, fanart.jpg, poster.jpg to the movie directory.
To the extrathumbs directory: 4 JPG files
To the extrafanart directory: 15 JPG files

AD did not download disc.png
I started AD - gui mode (Disc Art) and then in solo mode
AD downloaded disc.png
That's interesting thanks for testing this. Is solo mode when you choose manual download? This is the report I get:
(2017-10-15, 11:41)td75 Wrote: That's interesting thanks for testing this. Is solo mode when you choose manual download? This is the report I get:

Gui mode and solo mode:
For the selected movie in the context menu (skin MQ7)
My report:
ps.
Remove all graphics from the "King Arthur" movie folder.
Reload the movie to the Kodi Library.
Start AD in SOLO and / or GUI modes.
Good luck.
JB
(2017-08-03, 08:43)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2017-08-02, 18:28)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-08-02, 12:25)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi Martijn,
Maybe a small mistake in the code:
File: default.py line 286
is:
Code:
currentmedia['id'] == '' and not

should
Code:
currentmedia['id'] == '' or not
Check it please.Wink
Thanks for the great work

Just checked, still not working

Hi Movie78,
My code was a suggestion for Martijn.

Hmmm, ok full description:
1. You must have your active API_KEY from themoviedb.org (API_KEY included in Artwork Downloader does not work).
- You login in to themoviedb.org and generate your API_KEY
A) Testing API_KEY from themoviedb:
- in FirefoxWink type:
Code:
http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/274857/images?api_key=Your_API_KEY
- you should get something like this:
Code:
{ "Id": 274857, "backdrops": [{ "ASPECT_RATIO aspect": 1.777777777777778 "FILE_PATH" "/ 22eFfWlar6MtXO5qG25TkjLphoj.jpg", "height" 1080 "iso_639_1": "en", "vote_average": 5318, "vote_count" 3 "width": 1920}, { "ASPECT_RATIO aspect": 1.777777777777778 "FILE_PATH" "/ 5GhvQpK4XO16NJVUPljK27KUQYp.jpg", "height" 2160 "iso_639_1": null "vote_average": 5318 " vote_count "3" width ": 3840}, {" ASPECT_RATIO aspect ": 1.777777777777778" FILE_PATH "" / rhs0spoLwcdF7ftXwBCHUVZQoQ4.jpg "," height "1080" iso_639_1 ":" en "," vote_average ": 5312, "vote_count" 1 "width": 1920} .....................
- Your API_KEY is OK!

2. You must have your active Project_API_Key (no Personal API Key!) with fanart.tv (Project_API_Key included with Artwork Downloader does not work)
- You login in to fanart.tv and generate your Project_API_Key (no Personal API Key!)
A) Testing Project_API_Key from fanart:
- in FirefoxWinkWink type:
Code:
http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/movies/274857?api_key=Your_Project_API_Key
Code:
{
   "Name": "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword",
   "Tmdb_id": "274857",
   "Imdb_id": "tt3496992",
   "Movieposter": [
       {
           "Id": "191663",
           "Url": "https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/274857/movieposter/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-58f73d8b51d4e.jpg",
           "Lang": "00",
           "Likes": "8"
       }
       {
           "Id": "190897",
           "Url": "https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/274857/movieposter/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-58ed50d0b9ec8.jpg",
           "Likes": "6"
       }
       {..............
- Your Project_API_Key is OK!

3. Type your API_KEY = ... from themoviedb.org (line 33) in the addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py file.
4. Enter your (not Personal API Key!) API_KEY = ... with fanart.tv (line 34) in addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\fanart.py file
5. Modify the addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py file:
Old code (lines 285-287):
PHP Code:
elif (currentmedia['mediatype'] == 'movie' and not
       currentmedia
['id'] == '' and not
       currentmedia
['id'].startswith('tt')):     

New code:
PHP Code:
elif ((currentmedia['mediatype'] == 'movie') and (not currentmedia['id'] == '' or not currentmedia['id'].startswith('tt'))): 
WARNING - python sensitive to blank characters

EDIT:
Now, "Artwork Downloader" can not cope with movies search by release date.

Modify the V:\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py file:
old code:
PHP Code:
def _search_movie(medianame,year=''):

medianame normalize_string(medianame)

log('TMDB API search criteria: Title[''%s''] | Year[''%s'']' % (medianame,year) )

illegal_char ' -<>:"/\|?*%'

for char in illegal_char:

medianame medianame.replacechar '+' ).replace'++''+' ).replace'+++''+' )

search_url 'http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?query=%s+%s&api_key=%s' %( medianameyearAPI_KEY )

tmdb_id ''

log('TMDB API search:   %s ' search_url)

try:

data get_data(search_url'json')

if data == "Empty":

tmdb_id ''

else:

for item in data['results']:

if item['id']:

tmdb_id item['id']

break
    except Exception
e:

logstr), xbmc.LOGERROR )

if tmdb_id == '':

log('TMDB API search found no ID')

else:

log('TMDB API search found ID: %s' %tmdb_id)

return tmdb_id 

new code:
PHP Code:

log('TMDB API search criteria: Title[''%s''] | Year[''%s'']' % (medianame,year) )

# -JB-

# (I'm looking for the year) OR (I'm looking for the year-1) OR (I'm looking for the year+1)

for year_delta in [yearyear-1,year+1]:

search_url 'http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?query=%s&primary_release_year=%s&api_key=%s' % (medianameyear_deltaAPI_KEY)

tmdb_id ''

try:

if data == "Empty":

tmdb_id ''

else:

if item['id']:

tmdb_id item['id']

break
            if tmdb_id 
!= '':

break
        except Exception
e:

logstr), xbmc.LOGERROR )

if tmdb_id == '':

else:

return tmdb_id 

For me Artwork Downloader works very well, Now Big Grin.
Thanks, this fixed my issue.
Sad oh Boi whadda mess... now only find maybe 30% of fanart from fanart.tv (the fanart is there but nope just deliver pieces)
and won't accept local artwork anymore (Hit! get artwork!!! - ...No artwork found! but all folder got the artwork inside and right title new and old[XXX-poster.jpg or just Poster.jpg]
not sure what's wrong it's Jarvis 16.2 + Martijn's 13.1.0
@kiddykokane

You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, perform an Update Library and try manually adding some artwork. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-17, 00:57)MANswers Wrote:
(2017-08-03, 08:43)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2017-08-02, 18:28)movie78 Wrote: Just checked, still not working

Hi Movie78,
My code was a suggestion for Martijn.

Hmmm, ok full description:
1. You must have your active API_KEY from themoviedb.org (API_KEY included in Artwork Downloader does not work).
- You login in to themoviedb.org and generate your API_KEY
A) Testing API_KEY from themoviedb:
- in FirefoxWink type:
Code:
http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/274857/images?api_key=Your_API_KEY
Code:
{ "Id": 274857, "backdrops": [{ "ASPECT_RATIO aspect": 1.777777777777778 "FILE_PATH" "/ 22eFfWlar6MtXO5qG25TkjLphoj.jpg", "height" 1080 "iso_639_1": "en", "vote_average": 5318, "vote_count" 3 "width": 1920}, { "ASPECT_RATIO aspect": 1.777777777777778 "FILE_PATH" "/ 5GhvQpK4XO16NJVUPljK27KUQYp.jpg", "height" 2160 "iso_639_1": null "vote_average": 5318 " vote_count "3" width ": 3840}, {" ASPECT_RATIO aspect ": 1.777777777777778" FILE_PATH "" / rhs0spoLwcdF7ftXwBCHUVZQoQ4.jpg "," height "1080" iso_639_1 ":" en "," vote_average ": 5312, "vote_count" 1 "width": 1920} .....................
- Your API_KEY is OK!

2. You must have your active Project_API_Key (no Personal API Key!) with fanart.tv (Project_API_Key included with Artwork Downloader does not work)
- You login in to fanart.tv and generate your Project_API_Key (no Personal API Key!)
A) Testing Project_API_Key from fanart:
- in FirefoxWinkWink type:
Code:
http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/movies/274857?api_key=Your_Project_API_Key
Code:
{
   "Name": "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword",
   "Tmdb_id": "274857",
   "Imdb_id": "tt3496992",
   "Movieposter": [
       {
           "Id": "191663",
           "Url": "https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/274857/movieposter/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-58f73d8b51d4e.jpg",
           "Likes": "8"
       }
       {
           "Id": "190897",
           "Url": "https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/274857/movieposter/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-58ed50d0b9ec8.jpg",
           "Likes": "6"
       }
       {..............
- Your Project_API_Key is OK!

3. Type your API_KEY = ... from themoviedb.org (line 33) in the addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py file.
4. Enter your (not Personal API Key!) API_KEY = ... with fanart.tv (line 34) in addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\fanart.py file
5. Modify the addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py file:
Old code (lines 285-287):
PHP Code:
elif (currentmedia['mediatype'] == 'movie' and not
       currentmedia
['id'] == '' and not
       currentmedia
['id'].startswith('tt')):     

New code:
PHP Code:
elif ((currentmedia['mediatype'] == 'movie') and (not currentmedia['id'] == '' or not currentmedia['id'].startswith('tt'))): 
WARNING - python sensitive to blank characters

EDIT:
Now, "Artwork Downloader" can not cope with movies search by release date.

Modify the V:\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py file:
old code:
PHP Code:

search_url 'http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?query=%s+%s&api_key=%s' %( medianameyearAPI_KEY )

tmdb_id ''

try:

if data == "Empty":

tmdb_id ''

else:

if item['id']:

tmdb_id item['id']

break
    except Exception
e:

logstr), xbmc.LOGERROR )

if tmdb_id == '':

else:

return tmdb_id 

new code:
PHP Code:

# -JB-

# (I'm looking for the year) OR (I'm looking for the year-1) OR (I'm looking for the year+1)

for year_delta in [yearyear-1,year+1]:

search_url 'http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?query=%s&primary_release_year=%s&api_key=%s' % (medianameyear_deltaAPI_KEY)

tmdb_id ''

try:

if data == "Empty":

tmdb_id ''

else:

if item['id']:

tmdb_id item['id']

break
            if tmdb_id 
!= '':

break
        except Exception
e:

logstr), xbmc.LOGERROR )

if tmdb_id == '':

else:

return tmdb_id 

For me Artwork Downloader works very well, Now Big Grin.
Thanks, this fixed my issue.

Great work guys. It worked, i was so glad... but only once (i did a manuel download on the same movie) I wonder why!!!
Some movies only shows fanart & poster to download. no more Logo or DiskArt even if i see them when going to the movie fanart on fanart.tv
Anyone having the same issue ?
In my case, movies work fine and always have. TV shows don't work. I get no images, just .nfo files. (Or rather -- image files seem to download with zero bytes.)
edit: nm
Why does Artwork Downloader always download the most blurry cover art possible? Mostly for Season Posters? I have to go back and manually download and set them all.

Not sure if it's something I am doing wrong.
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18