• 205(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2017-12-12, 15:24)burekas Wrote: New Version: Artwork Downloader (14.4.0.0) by @burekas
- Settings are now including the option for add your own API Keys

Artwork Downloader (14.4.0.0)
 Hi,
Why does it necessary to use my own API key? Is it a problem with a huge of bandwidth with the sites? For now I only use a key for Fanart.tv and it works fine with TMDB script too. However I need to deactivate to search fanart  and poster for movies , otherwise, I get an error.
French Kodi translator on Weblate
(2017-12-20, 23:12)skypichat Wrote:
(2017-12-12, 15:24)burekas Wrote: New Version: Artwork Downloader (14.4.0.0) by @burekas

Hi,
Why does it necessary to use my own API key? Is it a problem with a huge of bandwidth with the sites? For now I only use a key for Fanart.tv and it works fine with TMDB script too. However I need to deactivate to search fanart  and poster for movies , otherwise, I get an error.  
I haven't found yet an official answer, but I think that the assumption is when there is a big usage of the same API Key it could be blocked or became inactive.
This was actually the original problem, the default keys were in the code and they were inactive for some reason.
If it wasn't like that I have been already put there default keys for everyone.

And you are wrong, for Movies the search is running on both sites: Fanart.tv and TMDB.
Now you get results only from Fanart.tv, from TMDB you get nothing.
You must type TMDB key for TMDB, and Fanart.tv key (project only) for Fanart.tv. It's different keys.
It's more recommended to put your own key so it will be available for long time.
When naming local files, does Artwork Downloader and Kodi require the same naming convention? If not, is there a reason for the discrepancy?
(2017-12-21, 17:59)burekas Wrote:

Hi,
I haven't found yet an official answer, but I think that the assumption is when there is a big usage of the same API Key it could be blocked or became inactive.
This was actually the original problem, the default keys were in the code and they were inactive for some reason.

And you are wrong, for Movies the search is running on both sites: Fanart.tv and TMDB.
You must type TMDB key for TMDB, and Fanart.tv key (project only) for Fanart.tv. It's different keys.
It's more recommended to put your own key so it will be available for long time. 
Hi Burekas, thanks for updating the app for API. I have registered on TMDb but for API it wants developer Application name, my home address etc. Am I doing this right, is there no personal API available? Also fanart.tv don't seem to be sending account email verification now.
(2017-12-21, 22:22)youngyy Wrote: Hi Burekas, thanks for updating the app for API. I have registered on TMDb but for API it wants developer Application name, my home address etc. Am I doing this right, is there no personal API available? Also fanart.tv don't seem to be sending account email verification now. 
 Thanks.
I did it long time ago so I don't remember exactly the process on each site.

Regarding the TMDB, I think I wrote Kodi and for the other details I don't think you actually fill your true details.
After you fill all the form you should get the API key, I think.

Regarding Fanart.tv I can't help here, try to check your 'spam' folder maybe, or doing the process again.
I don't think I have a problem when I did it.
(2017-12-21, 22:35)burekas Wrote:
(2017-12-21, 22:22)youngyy Wrote: Hi Burekas, thanks for updating the app for API. I have registered on TMDb but for API it wants developer Application name, my home address etc. Am I doing this right, is there no personal API available? Also fanart.tv don't seem to be sending account email verification now. 
 Thanks.

Regarding the TMDB, I think I wrote Kodi and for the other details I don't think you actually fill your true details.

Regarding Fanart.tv I can't help here, try to check your 'spam' folder maybe, or doing the process again.
Thanks all sorted, wasn't spammed but tried different email and fine. Just reran addon and pulled down content Smile
(2017-12-21, 23:30)youngyy Wrote:
(2017-12-21, 22:35)burekas Wrote:
 Thanks.

Thanks all sorted, wasn't spammed but tried different email and fine. Just reran addon and pulled down content Smile 
 Although most working, some movie titles showing ID not found
Hey everyone,

I see that this addon is not supported by the op, but hopefully someone else could help me.

Is there any way to tweak my setup to automatically search and download fanart on adding new media to the library? Or am I missing something, because now I have to manually do it.

Also, I have set Artwork Downloader to put all artwork in a common folder, but it does not delete it from there on removing media from the library. Any way to fix this?

Thank you,

D.
(2017-12-21, 17:59)burekas Wrote:

Hi,

Because the api key that this addon was using, was also being used by piracy related addons. Fanart.tv got a DMCA notice and were asked to deactivate those keys. In turn, this addon also stopped working. 

No one on the kodi team created a new api key and updated this addon yet. That's why as a workaround, you can get your own key from fanart.tv and put it in.
I'm trying to search for "Logo/Clearart - GUI MODE" but i get a missing provider ID message from Artwork Downloader, why is this happening?

When everything was ok i was able to choose the discart and the movie poster and some other stuff, now anything of this, is there some problem with the Add-On or some changes in the way of using it?

EDIT: i've just found the solution searching the forum, now everything works again as usual. Awesome
Does anybody know why for the movie Dunkirk (a blockbuster), TMDB returns ID not found?
Just switch to Artwork Beef :) Working, much more features, and actively supported by the author.
Members

For your consideration... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327035
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-12, 00:14)Benna Wrote: I'm trying to search for "Logo/Clearart - GUI MODE" but i get a missing provider ID message from Artwork Downloader, why is this happening?

When everything was ok i was able to choose the discart and the movie poster and some other stuff, now anything of this, is there some problem with the Add-On or some changes in the way of using it?

EDIT: i've just found the solution searching the forum, now everything works again as usual. Awesome
Glad to know.
Is it working for you with the version I have done? (14.4.0.0)
For those using Leia nightly builds.

Universal Movie Scraper as from v5.0.0 now scrapes: clearlogo, clearart, movie banner, movie landscape, movie discart.

This is a new feature requires Leia, therefore UMS v5.0.0 will not be available for prior versions of Kodi.
  • 205(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18