• 4(current)
Artwork Downloader
The add-on will include the same option as logo-downloader to choose the images yourself in solo mode.
This will be available for TV show & Movies (not all image types are supported yet by the provider sites)

TV Shows:

Movies:
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Does this now supersede Logo Downloader?
Hitcher Wrote:Does this now supersede Logo Downloader?

It will in the end Nod
It was was decided with ronie (and with permission of ppic) that it was better to merge these add-on together into one.

There are still things that need to be worked out before it is fully supported. I will release some test version before adding it to the repo so skinners/users can test it out.
this will free me some time to work on others things Big Grin
ppic Wrote:this will free me some time to work on others things Big Grin
Not yet figured out how to get the second window with the image list.
The whole add-on structure is different so it takes some time to figure out so I may need some help if i can't get it to work.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Not yet figured out how to get the second window with the image list.
The whole add-on structure is different so it takes some time to figure out so I may need some help if i can't get it to work.

i'm using the common dialog xml and push image inside because dialog available in python script do not allow us to use image position.

i know, it's weird, but it works Big Grin
ppic Wrote:i'm using the common dialog xml and push image inside because dialog available in python script do not allow us to use image position.

i know, it's weird, but it works Big Grin

Problem now is the getting the imagelist and displaying it. Because we use a different way to retrieve that list it takes some time to adapt it.

So just taking small step to get it to work.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Problem now is the getting the imagelist and displaying it. Because we use a different way to retrieve that list it takes some time to adapt it.

check my code, you'll see how i've done, you just have to put the correct info in fields Wink
ppic Wrote:check my code, you'll see how i've done, you just have to put the correct info in fields Wink

Yeah i was already doing that. It just needed a lot of changes to fit it in our way of coding (except the 'class MainGui')

Well the image list retrieval now works. Deleted to much code in the process Big Grin
Next piece of code adaption will be downloading it.

is my coding strange ? Big Grin
ppic Wrote:is my coding strange ? Big Grin

I didn't look at your code as I don't do python and xbmc scripting, but in my experience, there's nothing more personal than code (maybe I'm saying this cause of the last project I did, the code already written was so strange) Big Grin !
ppic Wrote:is my coding strange ? Big Grin

I have no idea Big Grin
Only learned programming python for 2 months now Wink
Maybe ours is strange, who knows.
Here's my current progress on it: code

Some things are just done differently and cause we also support movies it is a bit more extensive. There's still a lot of code cleaning to be done and maybe some things can be done much easier. Still finding out new things (for me at least).

PunkyMatt Wrote:I didn't look at your code as I don't do python and xbmc scripting, but in my experience, there's nothing more personal than code (maybe I'm saying this cause of the last project I did, the code already written was so strange) Big Grin !
That's is definitely true. Every one has his own way of doing things.
I only took two minors of coding (JAVE/C++) and the one thing they kept saying is: break apart in modules/classes and always put comments in your coding so others can follow what is happening.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I have no idea Big Grin
and always put comments in your coding so others can follow what is happening.

oh yeah always comment that's right.

but it's also true (at least for commercial project with strong deadlines) that you never have time to comment !
Nice work lads, good to see you are keeping busy with this. Just gonna take the new version for a spin
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:The add-on will include the same option as logo-downloader to choose the images yourself in solo mode.
This will be available for TV show & Movies (not all image types are supported yet by the provider sites)
Great!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18