• 7(current)
Artwork Downloader
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:For the ones interested I have made a service plug-in so when XBMC start this will also automaticly start Artwork Downloader using the normal settings.
The service .zip file can be downloaded here

Installed & restarted XBMC - script works for me Smile
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:Installed & restarted XBMC - script works for me Smile

Added silent run option so only a notification at start and finish will be shown.
Requires latest versions of downloader & service
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thought I should write here, rather than abuse the thread I started elsewhere.

I have only Dharma only my main HTPC, I can't seem to download this from your downloads page? Not sure what the problem is.
PantsOnFire Wrote:Thought I should write here, rather than abuse the thread I started elsewhere.

I have only Dharma only my main HTPC, I can't seem to download this from your downloads page? Not sure what the problem is.
For Dharma you should install Extrafanart Downloader. You can get it from xbmc.org repo.it has much less options but does have extrathumbs.
Here's the thread about that version.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111031
Important:
Just a heads-up for anyone (all 8 of them Wink ) who had installed the service plugin for this!!!
Remove the service add-on because it is now integrated into the add-on itself.

New test version:
This version fixes some provider timeouts
https://github.com/paddycarey/script.art.../downloads
This looks like a great addon! Thank you for your time and hard work building it. I'm looking forward to getting this working properly on my system Smile

I'm having some problems, though, getting it to run. I'm running a 11/21 DSPlayer/Pre-Eden build, and keep getting an error when I try to run the script:

Code:
22:00:46 T:3496  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:00:46 T:3496   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
22:00:46 T:3496   ERROR: Error Contents: Main instance has no attribute 'silent'
22:00:46 T:3496   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\paddycarey-script.artwork.downloader-ba7b122\default.py", line 617, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\paddycarey-script.artwork.downloader-ba7b122\default.py", line 84, in __init__
                                                if self.silent:
                                            AttributeError: Main instance has no attribute 'silent'

I have tried setting the script to run with the background mode both on and off, but get the same error each time. Any thoughts on what could be causing this or how I can resolve the issue?

Thanks for the help!
deh2k7 Wrote:This looks like a great addon! Thank you for your time and hard work building it. I'm looking forward to getting this working properly on my system Smile

I'm having some problems, though, getting it to run. I'm running a 11/21 DSPlayer/Pre-Eden build, and keep getting an error when I try to run the script:

I have tried setting the script to run with the background mode both on and off, but get the same error each time. Any thoughts on what could be causing this or how I can resolve the issue?

Thanks for the help!
When did you download this version?
I have no problems at the moment running when startup/service.
I see you used the download zipfile so you might download a version between fixes.
It is best to clean out your addons folder from the custom installs and use the one from
https://github.com/paddycarey/script.art.../downloads
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:When did you download this version?

I got it last evening from the links on the first post, addon version says its 0.4.1.
deh2k7 Wrote:I got it last evening from the links on the first post, addon version says its 0.4.1.

Well this:
Quote:C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\paddycarey-script.artwork.downloader-ba7b122\
tells me that you used the ZIP button on Github. If you use that you can get a broken version sometimes when we are fixing things because it is from the development branch.
So best is to clean all the folders containing 'artwork.downloader' from this path
Quote:C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\
and download a RC version
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well this:

tells me that you used the ZIP button on Github. If you use that you can get a broken version sometimes when we are fixing things because it is from the development branch.
So best is to clean all the folders containing 'artwork.downloader' from this path

and download a RC version

Yes - that did the trick. It was late when I was working on things last nite and I must have not been paying attention. Thanks for the help!. I have it running in the background now! Smile
deh2k7 Wrote:Yes - that did the trick. It was late when I was working on things last nite and I must have not been paying attention. Thanks for the help!. I have it running in the background now! Smile

That's good to hear
Although we found a bug in there. It's downloading extrathumbs that are to big. I'll put up a fixed version now.
EDIT:
It's uploaded
Artwork Downloader Eden ONLY (0.4.2)-RC9
The latest version can now be downloaded from the official xbmc.org repo. Cool

Enjoy
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:The latest version can now be downloaded from the official xbmc.org repo. Cool

Enjoy

We get a chance to start the script in solo mode from within the info screen for Movies and TVShows? If yes, how?

Thanx mate ...
butchabay Wrote:We get a chance to start the script in solo mode from within the info screen for Movies and TVShows? If yes, how?

Thanx mate ...

There are some example in the docs folder
Here's how BigNoid did some voodoo
http://pastebin.com/XEsx0jG6
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:There are some example in the docs folder
Here's how BigNoid did some voodoo
http://pastebin.com/XEsx0jG6

Thank you and ofcourse thanx to big_noid Smile
  • 7(current)