• 9(current)
Artwork Downloader
lefty420 Wrote:ahhh right. I using get fanart but it was returning the usual aeon nox dialogue box. I'll be patient and wait for the repo to update.

Thanks as ever m8.

It should be 'Get artwork' Smile
Sorry Rolleyes
You will get a dialog asking if you want to download artwork automatic.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:With some serious voodoo magic Cool

Just kidding ofcourse.
It needs to be run by the skin. Aeon Nox has a button in the VideoInfo window 'Get fanart'

If you just want to test it you can also use xbmc-send to call the script's gui mode.

e.g.

Code:
xbmc-send --action="XBMC.runscript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, medianame=House)"
so it was voodoo after all!!!
Marcos also added support to Aeon MQ3
I see that you have added the option for automaticly downloading new artwork ons startup. Thats cool, thanks!!

Though 1 question about that. is it possible to disable the pop-up that artwork downloader is downloading new art/checking database (dont know what is says exactly). And also how to disable the pop-up that its finished downloading/announcment how much it downloaded. because i dont want to press ok everytime to get rid of the pop-up. or when i watch something the popup appears when im watching a movie or tv-show).

thanks!
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
Ajedi Wrote:I see that you have added the option for automaticly downloading new artwork ons startup. Thats cool, thanks!!

Though 1 question about that. is it possible to disable the pop-up that artwork downloader is downloading new art/checking database (dont know what is says exactly).

You can't disable the pop-up at start/finish because we want it that way. You should know it started/finished and it will display a message to support the source sites in next version so you know where all the goodies are coming from.

Quote:And also how to disable the pop-up that its finished downloading/announcment how much it downloaded. because i dont want to press ok everytime to get rid of the pop-up. or when i watch something the popup appears when im watching a movie or tv-show).

thanks!
When you start it by hand from programs you can enable it to run in background and disable notify on finished. This way you won't have to click OK.

When run automatic you should only see a notification pop-up and no OK dialog
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:You can't disable the pop-up at start/finish because we want it that way. You should know it started/finished and it will display a message to support the source sites in next version so you know where all the goodies are coming from.

When you start it by hand from programs you can enable it to run in background and disable notify on finished. This way you won't have to click OK.

When run automatic you should only see a notification pop-up and no OK dialog

Ok maybe its a skin issue but when its finished downloading the artwork it says how much it downloaded in the dialogbox that appears but for me it doesnt dissapear automaticly. like you said, it doesnt have an ok button but i do have to press "esc" or "enter" on my keyboard to get this promt of my screen again.

tbh its not that big of a deal its just an extra key I have to hit to get rid of the notification.

thanks again
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
Artwork Downloader has been working great. I have Artwork Downloader set to run when I start XBMC and it runs as a service every 24 hours. However, it would be nice to force an update if I'm missing art for a newly added tv show or movie. However, I can't seem to figure out how to force a mass update (other than by restarting XBMC) or perform a solo update of a single tv show/movie. The issue is probably that I'm running Aeon MQ3 which probably doesn't yet have integration with your plugin Sad.
jasonwc Wrote:Artwork Downloader has been working great. I have Artwork Downloader set to run when I start XBMC and it runs as a service every 24 hours. However, it would be nice to force an update if I'm missing art for a newly added tv show or movie. However, I can't seem to figure out how to force a mass update (other than by restarting XBMC) or perform a solo update of a single tv show/movie. I am using Aeon MQ3.

How about just run it from the programs section Rolleyes
Select the add-on and hit ENTER
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:How about just run it from the programs section Rolleyes
Select the add-on and hit ENTER

LOL, I should say that I'm new to XBMC (2nd week). I kept getting the Add-Ins configuration page for the plugin but couldn't figure out how to force an update. That was easy. Laugh
Hi Machine-Sanctum, I ran the program a few times with pre-eden and the latest release and set it to download everything and also keep the fanart in separate directories - works like a charm. however it overwrote a good portion of my logos with different language logos....why would that happen when logo downloader has no problem grabbing the english only ones? the setting in options is set to use current language....

thanks again - i love having all the 1080 top rated fanarts - really makes xbmc enjoyable to use
distracto Wrote:Hi Machine-Sanctum, I ran the program a few times with pre-eden and the latest release and set it to download everything and also keep the fanart in separate directories - works like a charm. however it overwrote a good portion of my logos with different language logos....why would that happen when logo downloader has no problem grabbing the english only ones? the setting in options is set to use current language....

thanks again - i love having all the 1080 top rated fanarts - really makes xbmc enjoyable to use

Fanart.tv does not privide a language when downloading. It will hopefully when the new site goes online (and we have to check all images to set the languages first).
I noticed this to when testing this and we have no control over this (logo-downloader has the same problem). It downloads the first one in the list like logo-downloader and some times it's a non english one.
When it did i deleted all logos and re-ran the add-on and suddenly i got all english.

The same goes for ratings. Only thetvdb.com provides those so whe can limit on it. Sizes works for all (extra)fanart.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Fanart.tv does not privide a language when downloading. It will hopefully when the new site goes online (and we have to check all images to set the languages first).
I noticed this to when testing this and we have no control over this (logo-downloader has the same problem). It downloads the first one in the list like logo-downloader and some times it's a non english one.

The same goes for ratings. Only thetvdb.com provides those so whe can limit on it. Sizes works for all (extra)fanart.

Maybe an option to choose original title before scanning, ofcourse this would only make sense in solo mode.
butchabay Wrote:Maybe an option to choose original title before scanning, ofcourse this would only make sense in solo mode.

That wouldn't help sadly enough. It selects using thetvdb.com ID number and returns a list of all images. English and non-english without any sorting.

When we can use the new API it will be solved.
Hi MS,

If you delete a show from your library that has had extrafanart downloaded to a centralised location (as well as the relevant tvshow folder). Should those files be automatically cleaned and removed when you next scan?
I ask, as this didn't happen and I wanted to check what the desired functionality is.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18