• 10(current)
Artwork Downloader
asha_man Wrote:Hi MS,

If you delete a show from your library that has had extrafanart downloaded to a centralised location (as well as the relevant tvshow folder). Should those files be automatically cleaned and removed when you next scan?
I ask, as this didn't happen and I wanted to check what the desired functionality is.

It doesn't get deleted at the moment, but it's on the to-do list.

As a workaround in the meantime you can delete all the images from your centralised folder and run the script again. It'll just copy all your extrafanart there and doesn't need to download them again.
thanks guys, all working great here. Aeon updated on wednesday and as promised the get artwork button appeared and worked.

brilliant and blogged

cheers
Hi! Thanks for this awesome addon!

But I have a problem, I dunno if it is my setup or a bug in the addon, but it fails to save images for like 50% of my movies. All tv shows seems to work just fine. All movies is in the same folder with subfolders for each movie on a SMB-share and the account used got full control on the folder structure.

EDIT: Actually it looks like it fails for all movies that is in rar-archives, like it is trying to save the images in the rars instead of in the folder containing the rars.

EDIT2: Made a github issue instead. https://github.com/paddycarey/script.art.../issues/46
Update:
Latest stable version available from the XBMC.org repo is 1.0.1
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is anyone able to use this successfully with their movies/TV shows stored on a NAS over NFS? I'm getting NFS write errors (permission related) when trying to use this addon, and I don't get any other write errors for anything else XBMC-related (such as updating the video library over NFS).
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:Is anyone able to use this successfully with their movies/TV shows stored on a NAS over NFS? I'm getting NFS write errors (permission related) when trying to use this addon, and I don't get any other write errors for anything else XBMC-related (such as updating the video library over NFS).

Can you copy a large file to your nfs share using the xbmc file manager?
paddycarey Wrote:Can you copy a large file to your nfs share using the xbmc file manager?

Whoa, that was quick! Laugh

Nope, I just tried a second ago, and I can't--just says file aborted. Hmmm. Log just shows "nfs_pwrite_async failed". Yet I just checked my permissions on my NAS for my TV shows folder, and everything SEEMS set correctly (777 file permissions, NFS permissions set properly in the NAS control panel, etc).
canadave Wrote:Whoa, that was quick! Laugh

Nope, I just tried a second ago, and I can't--just says file aborted. Hmmm. Log just shows "nfs_pwrite_async failed". Yet I just checked my permissions on my NAS for my TV shows folder, and everything SEEMS set correctly (777 file permissions, NFS permissions set properly in the NAS control panel, etc).

Sounds like the same problem as posted couple of days ago in the 'old' Extrafanrt thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111031&page=21
Martijn Wrote:Sounds like the same problem as posted couple of days ago in the 'old' Extrafanrt thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111031&page=21

Thanks for that. I just posted something in the iOS forum, so hopefully someone will be able to figure out what's going on. If I get a good answer I'll post it here as well.
Martijn Wrote:i'm sorry but if we would add this it would be in the same way and because there's already a great add-on we left it out.
The reason why it takes so long is that it needs to get the unique MusicBrainz ID key for each artist/album.

I've kept the CDart addon running for 3 days straight, without interruption. I've created my music directories like this...

* /a
* - /artist_1
* - - /album_1
* - - /album_2
* - /artist_2
* - - /album_1
* /b
* - /artist_3
* - - /album_1
* - - /album_2
* - /artist_4
* - - /album_1

I've got about 10.000 music files in the 'a' directory. I've let the CDart addon scanning for 3 days and it still wasn't finished, or locked up. I wish there was a addon that scanned by directory name for the album and artist art. Wouldn't this be an option to implement in your addon?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:I've kept the CDart addon running for 3 days straight, without interruption. I've created my music directories like this...

I've got about 10.000 music files in the 'a' directory. I've let the CDart addon scanning for 3 days and it still wasn't finished, or locked up. I wish there was a addon that scanned by directory name for the album and artist art. Wouldn't this be an option to implement in your addon?

I don't think we are gonna support it because CDart manager already does the music part. Second if we were gonna do it it would retrieve the data in the same way so it would still take a very long time.

The new CDart manager will hopefully support database update so you can continue where you left/crashed.
I have a 40.000 song database and it only took me 4 or 5 hours without crashing.

For further support you should be talking to Giftie. Maybe he has a solution that would work for you.
Hey,

I am using Aeon MQ3, there's an option there to Get Artwork which then goes and downloads the Artwork. I can't get it to open the GUI.

I tried with Aeon Nos but couldn't even find the Get Artwork button in that.

Can anyone help please?

Also is there a conflict with Logo Downloader? I like some of the Art work on XBMCstuff and Logo Downloader fetches that.

Thanks

R
Hi,

I have been having some trouble with Artwork Downloader lately. I have set it to scan every few days but it fails. It even fails when I try to manually scan. I hope someone can help me. XBMC nightly (XBMCSetup-20111206-aae5a8e-master.exe) with latest version of plugin. Here is the LOG Huh
Rastan Wrote:Hi,

I have been having some trouble with Artwork Downloader lately. I have set it to scan every few days but it fails. It even fails when I try to manually scan. I hope someone can help me. XBMC nightly (XBMCSetup-20111206-aae5a8e-master.exe) with latest version of plugin. Here is the LOG Huh

That is absolutely great Big Grin (yeah i know it isn't fun for you)
The problem is that you're probably using Ember (or some other program) that creates NFO files. Somehow it saved non UTF-8 characters in some recently added movie.

We may have a fix for that so if you are willing to try it out?
script.artwork.downloader-Eden(1.0.2)-RC1.zip

Remember this is just a testing version!
rdonohoe Wrote:Hey,

I am using Aeon MQ3, there's an option there to Get Artwork which then goes and downloads the Artwork. I can't get it to open the GUI.

I tried with Aeon Nos but couldn't even find the Get Artwork button in that.

Can anyone help please?

Also is there a conflict with Logo Downloader? I like some of the Art work on XBMCstuff and Logo Downloader fetches that.

Thanks

R
The GUI needs to be added by the creator of the skin (or you must edit the skin yourself).
Only a recent version of Aeon Nox has this button added so you may want to update.

XBMCstuff isn't used anymore. It fetched artwork from http://www.fanart.tv since some time now.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18