• 17(current)
Artwork Downloader
Flanhare Wrote:Awesome, thanks!

Any news on pre-caching all images? I'm experience lag when browsing XBMC because it have to cache images all the time because of all the fanart :-) Or does one know a way to pre-cache all images manually? (I have all fanart centralized and random shown in the skin on home screen.)

Centralize is ONLY for slideshow use like in homescreen. When actually browsing these will not be used. Skins use the one stored along with your media files.

Pre-caching is partially functioning but i have disable it for now.
It's very dependant on how skins call the artwork. even if they use / instead \ is will be completely different in caching.
As far as i know there's no easy way of doing that.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Centralize is ONLY for slideshow use like in homescreen. When actually browsing these will not be used. Skins use the one stored along with your media files.

Pre-caching is partially functioning but i have disable it for now.
It's very dependant on how skins call the artwork. even if they use / instead \ is will be completely different in caching.
As far as i know there's no easy way of doing that.
Yeah I know that, and in both cases the images are pre-cached by XBMC. Would your solution (when working) pre-cache both central and non central images?

Hmm it sounds awful that XBMC would have to cache the same images many times just because the skin calls the artwork in different ways... Or did I misunderstand you?

Anyway, good to know you still have it in your mind :-)
Flanhare Wrote:Yeah I know that, and in both cases the images are pre-cached by XBMC. Would your solution (when working) pre-cache both central and non central images?
When i enable it it will be all downloaded images according to the most standard way of calling images. there is a way to enable it but no guarantees on that because i haven't tried it in a long time because other things came first

Quote:Hmm it sounds awful that XBMC would have to cache the same images many times just because the skin calls the artwork in different ways... Or did I misunderstand you?

Anyway, good to know you still have it in your mind :-)

You understood it correctly yes. I already seen this happening so now you know why you cache will be enormous when using several skins.

For example:
Aeon Nox uses: some folder/logo.png
Aeon MQ3 uses: some folder//logo.png

So this will result in different cache file (most skins use Aeon Nox style Smile )
You now can open the download report from latest run
https://github.com/paddycarey/script.art.../downloads

thnx for this great add-on,
i'm trying to switch from MC7+MB to XBMC.
one thing i noticed with artwork downloader i think.
(after deleting all my .jpg)
it puts folder|poster|fanart.jpg not in the main directory of the movie but deeper in it.
for example:
blu-ray folder structure
MOVIES/MOVIENAME/
--------------------BDMV/
that's where it puts the images and not in the main movie directory
MOVIES/MOVIENAME/
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
TRaSH- Wrote:thnx for this great add-on,
i'm trying to switch from MC7+MB to XBMC.
one thing i noticed with artwork downloader i think.
(after deleting all my .jpg)
it puts folder|poster|fanart.jpg not in the main directory of the movie but deeper in it.
for example:
blu-ray folder structure
MOVIES/MOVIENAME/
--------------------BDMV/
that's where it puts the images and not in the main movie directory
MOVIES/MOVIENAME/

Well i can cut it down to the main movie folder pretty easy. However I don't know how skins handle bluray movies.

Do they look for the images in:
MOVIES/MOVIENAME/BDMV/
Or in:
MOVIES/MOVIENAME/

Will ask some skinners for the answer
martin, putney & paddy
Thank you for this excellent add on. it has been working absolutely briiliantly, infact with couchpotato & AD script i find that I dont have to get my ember to whip my media into shape ( well only for really obscure films etc).
There is one thing that I have noticed , AD keeps downloading all my deleted files as well. So anytime I have deleted a movie and shut down my xbmc on restart it fetches all the artwork again including the deleted ones. So I find folder with all the artwork but no media . I tried to clean xbmc video database on startup and made advancedsettings.xml and clean database on startup but unfortunately this keeps happening. Any pointers ?
shaktoo Wrote:martin, putney & paddy
Thank you for this excellent add on. it has been working absolutely briiliantly, infact with couchpotato & AD script i find that I dont have to get my ember to whip my media into shape ( well only for really obscure films etc).
There is one thing that I have noticed , AD keeps downloading all my deleted files as well. So anytime I have deleted a movie and shut down my xbmc on restart it fetches all the artwork again including the deleted ones. So I find folder with all the artwork but no media . I tried to clean xbmc video database on startup and made advancedsettings.xml and clean database on startup but unfortunately this keeps happening. Any pointers ?

Thanks Smile

Have no idea why that is happening. We retrieve the library from XBMC itself so that would mean that the 'clean library' isn't working like it should and some are left in there.
We do not scan the hard drives themselves for movies.

The problem could be that the cleaning isn't finished yet when AD starts so it would still fetch the 'almost' cleaned movies.
Thanks martijn, I suspect thats whats the issue, I am going to look at the advanced settings again, could there be anyway that AD could be set to start after xbmc cleanup has finished , say give it a delay of 3-4 minutes.
On a seperate note xbmc eden has been taking nearly 2 minutes to load.. I have tried disabling all the watched script / widgets but it is painstakingly slow ( with all skins .. main one being nox) any help on what to do ?
I am on win 7 x64 / Eden / nox
Martijn Wrote:Well i can cut it down to the main movie folder pretty easy. However I don't know how skins handle bluray movies.

Do they look for the images in:
MOVIES/MOVIENAME/BDMV/
Or in:
MOVIES/MOVIENAME/

Will ask some skinners for the answer

Thnx,
wouldn't know what the skin does i'm pretty new with XBMC,
always used (and still Confused) MC7+MB and normally i use MediaCenterMAster to get all the info of the movies.
and i know that it stores the pictures and and info in the MOVIES/MOVIENAME/ folder and not in BDMV location.
because it could break the original folder structure of a blu-ray what could break the playback in some external players.
also getting sometimes errors that it can't store the images in there because of the rights
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
TRaSH- Wrote:Thnx,
wouldn't know what the skin does i'm pretty new with XBMC,
always used (and still Confused) MC7+MB and normally i use MediaCenterMAster to get all the info of the movies.
and i know that it stores the pictures and and info in the MOVIES/MOVIENAME/ folder and not in BDMV location.
because it could break the original folder structure of a blu-ray what could break the playback in some external players.
also getting sometimes errors that it can't store the images in there because of the rights

After some trying i found that skins will go looking for artwork in
Quote:MOVIES/MOVIENAME/BDMC/
MOVIES/MOVIENAME/VIDEO_TS
and I don't think there is an easy solution for skins to change that.

What you could do yourself is create and .iso from the blurays or make them write protected. Will ask skinners if there's a way of handling this.
Great addon!
Just one suggestion:
The option to start at XBMC start (running windows) is good, though it would be better that a daemon started at xbmc startup, waiting like 5-10 seconds, then check if XBMC is doing a movie/tv-show scan. If it is, just wait another 5 seconds and check again. Do that until XBMC is not scanning anymore. Then you can launch the artwork downloading.

It would be truly awesome since it then can download new artwork for the new movies directly, instead of doing it at next start-up Smile
martijn, I had to do a full reinstall and rescan all my media and now all problems been resolved so far, but the idea of delaying the AD to start after 2 mins xbmc seems to be a good one
If any one feels like translating the English string to their native language....?

Currently available:
English
Dutch
Polish

How-to:
The most recent Englsih strings file can be found here:
https://github.com/paddycarey/script.art...trings.xml
and here:
https://github.com/paddycarey/script.art.../addon.xml

The easiest way would be to fork the repo and send a pull request.
Other methodes like send zipped file or post the strings on http://pastebin.com
I love the plugin, but have a couple of questions. Before I found out about this I installed Extrafanart. I'm guessing I should remove that one and get rid of all the folders it created in my movie folder correct?

The other issue is how to use it? I have it installed and I have about 120 movies and a few tv shows. The skin I'm using has views for Logos, Clearart, Banners and etc. How do I setup the program and use it to bulk scrape all the media I need? With the extra fanart I had to go into each tv show and movie and manually do it which took hours.

I'm sure there was an easier way to do it, but couldn't figure it out. Any help in getting this plugin setup and running properly would be awesome. Thanks

Josh
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18