• 18(current)
Release script favourites
thanx! i found the problem in the addon and will submit a fix to the addon repo.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2021-07-27, 19:45)ronie Wrote: thanx! i found the problem in the addon and will submit a fix to the addon repo.
many thanks for helping out it was driving me mad keep popping up
hi thanks for sorting out the error for me but now i am finding that when i put in my sets of collection movies all though sets is on the skin my sets do not show up as sets this was working before the favourites script update  so not sure why but there seems to be no error as such just not showing sets thanks for your advice
could you start by double-checking if this setting is enabled:
Settings > Media > Videos > Show movie sets

if it is, i would recommend to ask in the support thread of the skin you're using.
i'm afraid i can't think of any relation to the favourites script.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hello everyone.
One question, can I still use this code in Kodi 19 because I have try and it doesn't work or I miss something.
All thies need to be visible in home menu.

<control type="panel" id="332"> 
                        <posx>500</posx>
                        <posy>200</posy>
                        <width>630</width>
                        <height>640</height>
                        <onleft>noop</onleft>
                           <onright>noop</onright>
                           <onup>9001</onup>
                           <ondown>noop</ondown>
                        <viewtype>panel</viewtype>
                        <scrolltime>100</scrolltime>
                        <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
                        <itemlayout width="210" height="210">
                                <control type="image">
                                    <posx>5</posx>
                                    <posy>5</posy>
                                    <width>190</width>
                                    <height>190</height>
                                  <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                                  <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                                </control>
                                <control type="label">
                                    <posx>0</posx>
                                    <posy>0</posy>
                                    <width>333</width>
                                    <height>65</height>
                                    <font>pageSubTitle</font>
                                    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                                    <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                                </control>
                        </itemlayout>
                        <focusedlayout width="210" height="210">
                                <control type="image">
                                    <posx>5</posx>
                                    <posy>5</posy>
                                    <width>190</width>
                                    <height>190</height>
                                  <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                                  <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                                </control>
                                <control type="label">
                                    <posx>0</posx>
                                    <posy>0</posy>
                                    <width>333</width>
                                    <height>65</height>
                                    <font>pageSubTitle</font>
                                    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                                    <textcolor>red</textcolor>
                                </control>
                        </focusedlayout>
                          <content>
                          <item id="1">  
                                <onclick>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.2.Path)]</onclick>
                                <thumb>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.2.Thumb)]</thumb>
                                <label>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.2.Name)]</label>
                                <label2>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.2.Path)]</label2>
                         </item>
                 </content>
            </control>
@senna99 that code still works fine (just tested it),
but there can be a problem when you run the favourites script at startup.
(the favourites script uses json, but the kodi json interface may not yet be available at startup)

i've added a workaround for this poetential issue, if you could please test it and let me know if it fixes the problem:
script.favourites-8.1.3.zip
Hello, ronie. And thanks for help 
I have try with new version script.favourites-8.1.3.zip

It works, the only problem is,  l see only Favourite.1, everything else is not visible like Favourite.2 etc..

on top l use   <onload>RunScript(script.favourites)</onload>
if is correct

</focusedlayout>
                          <content>
                          <item id="1">  
                                <onclick>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.1.Path)]</onclick>
                                <thumb>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.1.Thumb)]</thumb>
                                <label>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.1.Name)]</label>
                                <label2>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.1.Path)]</label2>
                         </item>
                          <item id="2">  
                                <onclick>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.2.Path)]</onclick>
                                <thumb>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.2.Thumb)]</thumb>
                                <label>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.2.Name)]</label>
                                <label2>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.2.Path)]</label2>
                         </item>
                          <item id="3">  
                                <onclick>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.3.Path)]</onclick>
                                <thumb>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.3.Thumb)]</thumb>
                                <label>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.3.Name)]</label>
                                <label2>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.3.Path)]</label2>
                         </item>
                          <item id="4">  
                                <onclick>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.4.Path)]</onclick>
                                <thumb>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.4.Thumb)]</thumb>
                                <label>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.4.Name)]</label>
                                <label2>$INFO[Window(home).Property(Favourite.4.Path)]</label2>
                         </item>
                 </content>
            </control>
i copied your code to the estuary home screen and i get 4 items.
so i'm afraid i cannot reproduce your issue.
O you are really fast, sorry for everything. Now works all fine, I delete favourites.xml from userdata and add new favourites in kodi, all is ok. Thanks so much for help and fast answer.
I found an issue involving the Favourites script, the Backup add-on and at least the Xonfluence skin (if not other skins). I found a work around, which I thought I should contribute in case other's have the same issue. This occurred with Kodi 19.3. The Kodi log did not record anything relevant, but the issue is easy to reproduce (in fact, it was impossible for me to avoid).

Issue: after backing-up/restoring an installation using the Kodi Backup addon, it is no longer possible to select favourites to program the behavior of Home menu items, addon shortcuts and submenu items. When you try, as soon as you select "Selected Favourites" you are returned to the settings screen and don't have a chance to select a favourite. FWIW, this is the same behavior you would experience if the favourites list is empty.

Work-around:
1) After restoring from backup, disable the favourites script from running. In the Xonfluence skin, this setting can be found in System (also called settings in other skins)\System\Skin Settings\Scripts Options\Supported Addons and scripts\Enable favourites script.
2) Uninstall the favourites script addon. This confused me because I couldn't find it in the add-on browser. You'll find it in System (also called settings in other skins)\System\Add-ons\Manage dependencies
3) Restart Kodi
4) Re-enable the skin's Favourites Script support, this should trigger the download and re-installation of the Favourites Script addon
5) Restart Kodi

It is possible that one or two of these steps are unnecessary, but this is what worked for me, so I thought I'd report my process faithfully.
I hope this helps someone.
I think I know what is causing this behavior, and have a much simpler fix. After restoring a backup, the favorites script addon on is (present but) disabled. Enabling the add on it clears the issue (of course). My theory is that the addon comes up disabled because Kodi is classifying it as "Orphaned." I feel a little foolish for not knowing the addon was disabled, but I had trouble finding where the helper addons were listed and after that, I did not realized that addons designated as "Orphaned" could mean they're possibly disabled. Unfortunately, when an addon is orphaned, there is no way to see its enabled/disabled status directly from the addon list.

Any insight into what the orphaned status means and if there is a way to avoid it (maybe a more recent addon version?) would be much appreciated.
@Black 

Can you open favourites in a video node item? I tried the syntax <path>favourites://</path>, and it accessed favourites (all my known items were visible) but could not open them.
Can you please update this for Kodi 20 as the script is orphaned on updating from Kodi 19.5
please correct me if i'm wrong, but orphaned means no other raddon is using the favourites script so it can be safely removed from your system.
i'm not aware of any compatibility issues with Kodi Nexus.
(2023-01-23, 14:55)ronie Wrote: orphaned means no other raddon [sic] is using the favourites script so it can be safely removed from your system

This seems to be a problem with some skins, most notably Xonfluence, which apparently doesn't tell Kodi that it requires Favourites. I guess it doesn't since it only adds functionality on the home screen, but I use Xonfluence and Kodi always tells me Favourites is orphaned. If I remove Favourites then the home screen favourites button in Xonfluence does nothing.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script favourites2