• 4(current)
Release script favourites
Black

I have a big request and I realize it might not be utilized by all skins. There are items in favorites that are missing thumb (like playlists). It would be most welcomed if script could present a dialog for a user to assign one in that case. I was doing this with the old one in such a way that I always called SetLargeImage, regardless of thumb present or not.

That way user confirmed existing one or have chosen his own.

Thoughts?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

hi,

I'm noobie when it comes to scripting in xbmc. Currently I'm running pre-eden nightly with Marcos MQ3 skin and not sure how to go about getting this working. I wants to customized the Main Menu and really appreciate your help .
darknet Wrote:hi,

I'm noobie

hi noobie, please start by reading the topic of this subforum:
Quote:Skin Development GUI and Web skins/themes, graphics development and suggestions.
No End-User Support Requests! Only skinners and graphic artists.

if you need help getting this to work, the Aeon subforum would be the right place to ask ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:if you need help getting this to work, the Aeon subforum would be the right place to ask ;-)

Think he wants to code this into mq3, as it's not supported, yet...maybe he is in the right thread...
just my two cents...

@darknet: Am I right, that you want to code this into mq3?
If so, you might take a look at the readme inside the addon...

Edit: sorry guys...my post is non sense...mixed this thread with "deck from plex"
Ronie is right, better ask Marcos in the aeon-forum

cheers,
Max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I know this is a big request but the ability to use a script to select any item - be it a Favourite, Addon, Playlist, etc (just like in your Xperience Metro home screen) - would be pretty damn awesome. It would also allow users to change the name and/or image easily if they so desired.

Thanks.
Big Grin 
Hitcher Wrote:I know this is a big request but the ability to use a script to select any item - be it a Favourite, Addon, Playlist, etc (just like in your Xperience Metro home screen) - would be pretty damn awesome. It would also allow users to change the name and/or image easily if they so desired.

Thanks.

Not that it would not be useful and that I disagree but I was thinking that it might be better overal to improve built in favourites. My reasoning was:

- You can already put any type of shourtcut there.
- you have overview of items there

Lacking ATM

- ability to change/assign custom icon (made a ticket but it did not make it for Eden, was accepted)
- renaming items
- dialog pop up when adding playlists askin if default should be open or play
- system support for assigning favourite instead of using script ( like what we now have for addons )

Don't know what the others think, though.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Totally agree and I'd go so far ask for it to to be a made window instead of a dialog so we can use different view types easily.
Hitcher Wrote:I know this is a big request but the ability to use a script to select any item - be it a Favourite, Addon, Playlist, etc (just like in your Xperience Metro home screen) - would be pretty damn awesome. It would also allow users to change the name and/or image easily if they so desired.

Thanks.

Maybe not as good as with a script or native support but I found a way to set those values with SetAddon. Check my latest commit for details.
Guys

Correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to be a problem with latest version of script.

If I add smart playlist as home menu item, the script the old way, playlist plays instead of open.

Code:
<onfocus>RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=window)</onfocus>

If I use the new way

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.favourites,property=CustomMovies.7)</onclick>

I'm being asked to choose between play and open. Good, I choose open. However, when I click on this newly created item, nothing happens.

I have always used this

Code:
<onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMovies.7.Path)]</onclick>

to open item from Home page.

Just tested it in Xeebo Nightly 2.7.0 - same thing happens.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:

Seems that problem is related to non english smart playlist names. Here's the log:

Code:
00:09:25 T:2895274688   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/720 vy\xcc\x81be\xcc\x8cr.xsp",return)
00:09:25 T:2895274688   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10025
00:09:25 T:2895274688   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
00:09:25 T:2895274688   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
00:09:25 T:2895274688    INFO: Loading skin file: MyVideoNav.xml
00:09:25 T:2895274688   DEBUG: Load MyVideoNav.xml: 136.94ms
00:09:25 T:2895274688   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 140.00ms (137.02 ms skin load)
00:09:25 T:2895274688   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (special://profile/playlists/video/720 vy\xcc\x81be\xcc\x8cr.xsp)
00:09:25 T:2895274688   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [special://profile/playlists/video/720 vy/xcc/x81be/xcc/x8cr.xsp/]
00:09:25 T:2895274688   ERROR: Error loading Smart playlist special://profile/playlists/video/720 vy\xcc\x81be\xcc\x8cr.xsp (failed to read file)
00:09:25 T:2895274688   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
00:09:25 T:2895274688   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/playlists/video/720 vy\xcc\x81be\xcc\x8cr.xsp
00:09:25 T:2895274688   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(special://profile/playlists/video/720 vy\xcc\x81be\xcc\x8cr.xsp) failed
00:09:27 T:2895274688   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 35, sym: 001b, unicode: 001b, modifier: 0
00:09:27 T:2895274688   DEBUG: OnKey: escape (f01b) pressed, action is PreviousMenu
00:09:27 T:2895274688   DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Deactivate
00:09:27 T:2895274688   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
00:09:27 T:2895274688   DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Activate new
00:09:27 T:2895274688   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Home.xml) ------

actual smart playlist name is "720 výběr".

BTW, thanks a lot for improving it Black. I still hate it that I have to edit a bunch of code to make it work the new way, but it is so much easier to use that it was before your changes.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

If it helps troubleshooting somehow, the very same playlist opens up nicely from Favourites.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko -try it without ,playlists=window - the old way works for me in that it opens a window instead.
I will look at it when I have the time but for now rename the playlist and it should work.
Sharpe Wrote:pecinko -try it without ,playlists=window - the old way works for me in that it opens a window instead.

Thanks for the tip but it's too late, I recoded everything to new way already.

It's better and easier to use and code and it works as supposed except for minor glitch with NON ASCII named playlists. I can tell users to rename them or wait for fix.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2011-11-21, 14:16)`Black Wrote: Thanks, will be added in the next update.

@pecinko
DeInit problem seems to be a bug with python, I already created a trac ticket... same problem with logo downloader.

If I'm not mistaken, this problem seems to be back in final release. It reappeared somewhere between RC2 and Eden. I'm getting same borked window after DialogSelect.xml deinit as before.

EDIT: I have added open/close animation to dialog select and it seems to help...

One more problem. Could this problem in log

Code:
12:08:54 T:2900   DEBUG: script.favourites: script version 3.2.2 started
12:08:54 T:2900   DEBUG: script.favourites: ### params: {'property': 'CustomTV.1'}
12:08:54 T:3060   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (C:\Users\HTä\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.quartz\720p\DialogSelect.xml) ------
12:08:54 T:3060    INFO: Loading skin file: C:\Users\HTä\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.quartz\720p\DialogSelect.xml
12:08:54 T:3060   DEBUG: unable to load C:\Users\HTä\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.favourites\resources\language\English (US)\strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0
12:08:54 T:3060   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
12:08:54 T:2900   DEBUG: unable to load C:\Users\HTä\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.favourites\resources\language\English (US)\strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0

be related to issue with non ASCII characters? (as in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1008785)

I'm not able to reproduce problem at my side but user is unable to assign custom shortcut on his system.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Where can i Download this`?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script favourites2