• 13(current)
Release script favourites
Hi guys.

Hope this haven't been asked before.

Could it be that script.favourites is ignoring the advancedsettings.xml file?

One user have told me that he shares his favourites.xml from a NAS device using advancedsettings.xml.

When he's saving a favourite, it's being saved to the NAS, but when script.favourites calls the favourites, it calls the local favourites.xml file.

Hope this makes sense Wink
(2014-12-02, 04:21)Gade Wrote: Hi guys.

One user have told me that he shares his favourites.xml from a NAS device using advancedsettings.xml.

When he's saving a favourite, it's being saved to the NAS, but when script.favourites calls the favourites, it calls the local favourites.xml file.

python and pathsubstitution don't go hand in hand.
kodi doesn't expose the substituted paths to python scripts.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-12-02, 13:42)ronie Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 04:21)Gade Wrote: Hi guys.

python and pathsubstitution don't go hand in hand.
kodi doesn't expose the substituted paths to python scripts.

Ah, I see.

So there's no real solution here (other than only using the local favourites.xml)?
Correct me here if I'm in waaaay over my head Big Grin

It seems that Kodi is saving favourites network paths as, for example:
Code:
smb://path/videos/

But local paths are:
Code:
C:\\Users\\Gade\\Videos\\

Could script.favourites translate the local paths as:
Code:
C:\Users\Gade\Videos\
Because this is what I'm having returned in the Skin.String.
And it seems Kodi can't read the paths like that.

Hope it makes sense.
(2015-01-07, 02:30)Gade Wrote: Kodi can't read the paths like that.

can you tell me a bit more what exactly you're trying to do?

for example, i have this favourite:
Code:
<favourite name="Videos">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;C:\\Users\\ronie\\Videos\\&quot;,return)</favourite>

which results in this skin string:
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.transparency.Menu2.Path">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;C:\Users\ronie\Videos&quot;,return)</setting>

and Kodi opens the window just fine here.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The thing is, as you probably know, Scarfa is the original creator of Rapier and he did most of the coding for the custom categories. But I can see in the forums that this most likely always have been a bug in Rapier.

I have this favourite:
Code:
<favourite name="Local Videos">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;C:\\Users\\Gade\\Videos\\&quot;,return)</favourite>

which results in this skin.string:
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.rapier.Custom9BtnParam">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;C:\Users\Gade\Videos\&quot;,return)</setting>

and it gets triggered by this onclick function:
Code:
<onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(Custom9BtnParam)]</onclick>

Kodi goes into the video library instead and write these errors in the log:
Code:
11:37:52 T:43416 WARNING: CUtil::SplitParams(10025,"C:\Users\Gade\Videos\",return) - end of string while searching for ) or "
11:37:52 T:43416 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
11:37:52 T:43416   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "C:\Users\Gade\Videos",return
11:37:52 T:43416   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("C:\Users\Gade\Videos",return) failed
i think Rapier is still using the Skin.SetString($INFO[Skin.String()],$INFO[Window.Property()]) method to map favourites?

that method was deprecated years ago as it (indeed) causes an unfixable bug (http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/12835) with paths on windows.
please refer to the first post in this thread on how skins should use the favourites script. ;-)
Hi ronie.

Thanks a lot for the tip.

That is very true and solved the issue with the skin.

Cheers
Gade
Hello

Is it possible with <onclick></onclick> command to add something in favorite,
without call the context menu?
(2015-04-18, 10:19)senna99 Wrote: Hello

Is it possible with <onclick></onclick> command to add something in favorite,
without call the context menu?

there's no built-in command for skins to add something to favourites.
scripts may be able to use a json-rpc call (i think?) to add items to favourites.
Ok ronie, thanks alot for answer.
request

First of all thanks for this great script.
I would have a "liddle" request.

Could we get a new Infolabel

Code:
CustomFavourite1.ContentPath

which shows only the path without the "Activate.Window" part?

special://skin/playlists/... or plugin://plugin.video.hdtrailers_net/movies/.. for example

This way it would be easy to do custom widgets for nearly everything!
all the user would have to do, is add the content he would like to show in a Widget to favorites, and choose the favorite in the skinsettings.

Skincode Example:
PHP Code:
<content target="$VAR[WidgetTarget]">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavouriteMainmenu1WidgetRight.ContentPath)]</content

This way we could/would get rid of the Pain to manualy add Contentpaths to do custom Widgets (As for now users/we have to in some Skins)

You want a Menuitem "Trailers" with Widgets, which shows "most viewed trailers" and a other one which shows "actual in Cinema" -> simply add it to favorites and set it as widget content in SkinSettings.
Also Youtube widgets would become preaty easy this way. (for now its needed to ask in the Skinsetting for the "Youtube id" to show some youtube cathegories.) With such a new Infolabel it would be possible to just add the cannel or something else to favorites and show the content in a Widget.

hopefully this would be possible and someone finde the time to add it.

Regards.
(2015-04-28, 19:49)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: request

First of all thanks for this great script.
I would have a "liddle" request.

Could we get a new Infolabel

Code:
CustomFavourite1.ContentPath

didn't i add that last year: 1712431 (post)?

please try:
Code:
CustomFavourite1.List
and let me know if that's what you're after..

edit: i now realize i forgot to update the README and first post with this info :-)
* sualfred slaps Ronie!

Ok, now I know what to do tomorrow Tongue Thx.

Edit:
Great, found a forum feature too ^^
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
@ronie

Thanks a bunch!

This is exactly what i was after!

Works fine as far as tested. Nod

Thanks again.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script favourites2