• 17(current)
Release script favourites
(2020-07-04, 01:22)ronie Wrote:
(2020-07-03, 21:47)scott967 Wrote: Did a little snooping in the log and I see
Code:
JSONRPC v11.11.0: Successfully initialized
is getting logged after the script runs. 

yeah, that could indeed be the issue. if json is not up-and-running, i guess all addons that make a json-rpc request will fail.
i did some testing and i can reproduce it... even with older nightlies from 6 months ago.

could you create an issue for it? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues

Not sure how best to handle this -- in addon or kodi?

did this to work around
Code:
def _get_favs(self):
        data = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Favourites.GetFavourites", "params":{"properties":["window", "windowparameter", "thumbnail", "path"]}, "id":1}')
        favs = json.loads(data)
        log('favs: ' + repr(favs))
        monitor = xbmc.Monitor()
        for retry in range(3):
            if 'error' in favs:
                log('json-rpc not up -- try again in one sec')
                monitor.waitForAbort(1)
                data = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Favourites.GetFavourites", "params":{"properties":["window", "windowparameter", "thumbnail", "path"]}, "id":1}')
                favs = json.loads(data)
                log('retry ' + str(retry) + ' favs: ' + repr(favs))
            else:
                log('got json-rpc result')
                return favs['result']['favourites']
        log('tried to get json-rpc 3 times -- giving up')
        return

seems like it would be better if kodi returned an error that specified the interface was not initialized.

scott s.
i would say it's something that should be handled in kodi.
imo addons should not be able to run at all until the json-rpc inference is initialized.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-01-10, 01:32)fredentoft Wrote: I have a similar problem as LiMPiNg.

Running OpenELEC-RPi.arm-3.2.4

Shared MySQL-db between a number of clients. Thumbnails and some of the xml-files (including favourites.xml) previously synced using dropbox, but went for pathsubstitution when I got my pi, so there is no local favourites.xml on the pi.

Get this in xbmc.log:
#######
<from>special://profile/favourites.xml</from>
<to>nfs://192.168.18.1:/mnt/mirrorlv/XBMC/userdata/favourites.xml</to>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'/storage/.xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml')
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'/storage/.xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml')
#######
and "script failed" message in gui.

If I create the local file messages disappears, but no favourites visible to skin.
Copy xml from nfs-server to local storage, favourites visible to skin.

So, it seems to me, that the system "obeys" the substitution, while the script doesn't.
Did you ever figure out how to get this working without having to copy the favourites.xml file back to local directory? I noticed that even when adding favorites the local file never gets updated but they are added to the database.
@ronie

Reckon I should have asked here rather than start a thread in dev skinning. Is it no longer possible to manually manipulate the favourites.xml file as of v19?
the current version of the favourites script uses json-rpc to retrieve the list of your favourites.
i don't think json-rpc supports arbitrary favourites. only favourites that can be added though the kodi interface will work.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2021-03-03, 01:30)ronie Wrote: the current version of the favourites script uses json-rpc to retrieve the list of your favourites.
i don't think json-rpc supports arbitrary favourites. only favourites that can be added though the kodi interface will work.

This change forecloses a well worn avenue of customization for a monolithic skin like quartz. Sad May I ask what benefits obtain from this new approach?
in previous versions of the addon, the addon would parse your favourites.xml file,
but our repository rules prohibit addons from accessing any files (other than their own) on your system.
so i'm trying to be a good citizen and play by the rules...
Thanks for the explanation. I'm now going to say a prayer for relief understanding said prayer is unlikely to be answered. Angel
hi i am useing matrix 19.1 win 10 and aeon mq 8 matrix i keep getting on favourites script dont understand why i have done a log for you to look at thank for any advice
 https://paste.kodi.tv/anejayecox.kodi
sorry, but i don't understand your question :-)
i looked at the logfile, but i don't see any errors related to the favourites script.
hi i found it strange why am i getting this errror that says favourites script error

ok, could you please create a Debug Log, that may have some more info for me.
1 enable debug logging in settings > system > logging
2 restart kodi
3 wait until the error appears on screen
4 post your logfile
log file as requested   https://paste.kodi.tv/obimalumag.kodi   thanks
sorry but the the logfile where you're enabling debug logging.
i need to logfile that's created after restarting kodi.
hi thanks for your reply i have gone by the debug info but there is no advance xml being made up i have used kodi debug and kodi debug uploader but the only thing i can see is this

https://paste.kodi.tv/birupujotu
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script favourites2