Make xbmc update the thumbnails and posters automatically.
I have changed all my tv show posters to banners but I have to go and manually change each tv show thumbnail in xbmc.

is it possible to have xbmc change the thumbs automatically when the image has changed from the source?
Seems to specific to your problem to be a generally useful feature.
XBMC uses a cache for the thumbnail pictures. It is refreshed every day. Reloading the skin often kicks this automatic refresh(not always though)
krish_2k4 Wrote:I have changed all my tv show posters to banners but I have to go and manually change each tv show thumbnail in xbmc.

is it possible to have xbmc change the thumbs automatically when the image has changed from the source?

why don't you just name them banners.jpg
Almost all skins support both posters.jpg and banners.jpg by changing a setting to show them correctly. After that there should be no problems and you can use all the different views available.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
giftie Wrote:XBMC uses a cache for the thumbnail pictures. It is refreshed every day. Reloading the skin often kicks this automatic refresh(not always though)

is there a way to delete all the cache and have xbmc update the thumbs on restart? im using windows for xbmc.
giftie Wrote:XBMC uses a cache for the thumbnail pictures. It is refreshed every day. Reloading the skin often kicks this automatic refresh(not always though)

You mean if you change local artwork xbmc now updates the cache on its own once a day, I guess this is pre eden only though or have I been living on another planet ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make xbmc update the thumbnails and posters automatically.0