Restart XBMC via SSH
Today i updated my live install via the usntable ppa. Everything is working except one thing. With the live install i was able to restart xbmc via SSH with the command "sudo service xbmc-live stop" and "sudo service xbmc-live start".

This isnt working anymore. If i start the machine i dont get the XBMC Splashscreen anymore. I am directly droped into XBMC.

Is there another command via SSH that restarts xbmc?
You need to use "sudo service uxlaunch {start,stop}" now for nightlies IIRC. I am no longer using the nightlies but when I did that's what I used. But it never completely stopped XBMC. I always had to do a a 'ps -ef | grep xbmc' and kill the process then do a 'sudo service uxlaunch start' to start it back up. But I most likely had something misconfigured.
thxBig Grin
On my nightlies, I notice that the menu seems to freeze now and then.
So running "killall -9 xbmc.bin" restarts the gui pretty much, so that it functions again, without having to do a full restart.

Hope this helps Smile
My full HTPC build log:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129352
Core i3-2120T 2.6Ghz, 4gb Kingston DDR3, mSATA SSD, Moneual 312 Case, GT520 GPU
don't "killall -9", or your changed settings etc. might not be saved. if you want to use killall, don't pass -9 as argument unless really needed
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
so what's the best way now to safely restart xbmc via ssh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restart XBMC via SSH0