[LIVE] CIFS failing to start half the time?
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a problem in XBMC Live, installed on a compal ifl90 type laptop. Most of the time when I boot and want to browse to my ReadyNAS Windows share, it gives me a 'Connection timed out' message right away. Most of the time a simple reboot doesn't do the trick, I need to unplug the power of the laptop (which has no battery, otherwise this would indeed be stupid Wink), and then everything works right away.

From another xbmc-live system everything works fine, so the ReadyNAS doesn't seem to be the problem.

I'm not a linux expert, though I know my way around for a bit. Things I noticed are that xbmc-live shows me an IP-address, so my guess is that something fails in CIFS, though I might be wrong.

What can I do to figure out what's the problem? I know how to get into the shell, so are there any logs which I can check? Maybe there's a way to automaticly reset CIFS, or other network stuff?

Any tips would be appreciated!
How are you doing the mount of the network drive?

I have the following in my fstab file:

Code:
//192.168.1.108/share   /path_i_want/to_mount   cifs   username=user,password=pass,_netdev   0 0
(fill in your own values for the IP, paths and login info)

The "_netdev 0 0" component is to delay the mount attempt until after the network connection has been established. Perhaps your mount is being attempted before it can locate your NAS?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] CIFS failing to start half the time?0