• 9(current)
[Linux] xbmc crashes, random but often1
Please post full debug log. VDPAU waits for the xrandr event which does not come for some reason.
http://pastebin.com/15T43Bfb

I updated to 295.20 after this crash. I haven't got a good crashlog since, so I will remain cautiously optimistic that it helped. I did have a crash, but I believe it was related to some new plugins I was trying and not this issue.
I just wanted to chime in and say I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I've upgraded to 295.20 and turned-off UPnP and everything seemed to be working great for a few shows. Then it crashed on me when I went to play another episode from Maraschino.

And that's why I'm adding something here. Is anyone else using an outside program/script to communicate with XBMC and control it? My problems seem to be driven by using Maraschino. If no one else has, then I'll start posting debug logs and all that fun. I was just curious if maybe someone else was seeing the same.

Then again, it could all just be a coincidence when I switched to the Betas. I'm not sure if I had the problem before. If I did though, it certainly wasn't as bad.

Beta 3, Asrock 330HT, Ubuntu 10.04, Nvidia 295.20.
NumbThumb Wrote:And that's why I'm adding something here. Is anyone else using an outside program/script to communicate with XBMC and control it? My problems seem to be driven by using Maraschino. If no one else has, then I'll start posting debug logs and all that fun. I was just curious if maybe someone else was seeing the same.

I have AWX webserver addon that is used from time to time.

I also have a custom python script to control my CommandIR unit.

Inside of keyboard.xml, I have volume buttons mapped to RunScript() which in turn fires IR from CommandIR to my receiver.

I get the problem infrequently and certainly a lot less than in pre-beta.
routehero Wrote:http://pastebin.com/15T43Bfb

I updated to 295.20 after this crash. I haven't got a good crashlog since, so I will remain cautiously optimistic that it helped. I did have a crash, but I believe it was related to some new plugins I was trying and not this issue.

There is an issue with vdpau error handler that I will fix. The source of the problem seems to be a python script that blocks the main thread.
FernetMenta Wrote:There is an issue with vdpau error handler that I will fix. The source of the problem seems to be a python script that blocks the main thread.

That's a great find. Is there a best practice on invoking python scripts? Should it fork off a new process and return back to xbmc as soon as possible?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] xbmc crashes, random but often10