A few questions - Mediaportal
Hi, I have been using XBMC before and Mediportal actively because of the LiveTV support.
I tried a couple of builds now and then, and I think now its at a great stage, you guys made a really great job!
I have some things that are not clear...
For now, is it possible to sort channels into groups like in MediaPortal, I have a few sattelites and dvb-t so I'm close to 3000 channels which I dont need, so I have some 100 sorted in 5-6 channel groups. I dont see the imported, only one I can manually enter.. Is this possible?
Also, is there an channel switch gui like mini epg in media portal in which you can see channels and NOW/NEXT?
The most similar is Channel list but it only lists now, I think now and next is great for fast channel surfing but I didn't find that.
I think that's it, for now anyway, great job once again!

EDIT: Found Groups Smile
Groups are supported. Just leave the options "Import only TV/Radio Channels from group" empty and XBMC should import all groups from the MediaPortal TVServer.

About Now/Next: not in XBMC as far as I know. If I remember correctly, it used to be in the OSD part of XBMC while watching a channel but not in the channel list.
You might want to post a feature request including a screenshot for this on:
Dushmaniac's github repository. Don't expect that it will be added soon.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
margro Wrote:Groups are supported. Just leave the options "Import only TV/Radio Channels from group" empty and XBMC should import all groups from the MediaPortal TVServer.

Hi margro, thanks for your efforts to enable access to the MP server from XBMC.

Unfortunately, importing groups does not work with my setup. I have left the options mentioned in your quote above empty. I assume you talk about the setting "Import only TV Channels from group" under: Settings - Addons - PVR Clients - MediaPotal Client (TS Reader) - Configure - MediaPortal?

How can I track down the issue?

Thx, G.
i just started using mediaportal and xbmc and i'm having trouble importing groups as well. xbmc always displays ALL channels instead the ones i've put in a group. any ideas?
i believe the tvserver service had to be restarted. it's working for me now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few questions - Mediaportal0