• 1(current)
[Micro-ATX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
Smile If you feel like thanking me for my work, you can DONATE --> Here Smile

[CPU+iGPU] AMD A6-3500 3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz HD6530D FM1 65W ($90 + $0)
[MOBO] ASRock A75M FM1 CIR USB3.0 SATAIII UEFI μATX ($75 + $0)
[CASE] SILVERSTONE ML03B μATX ($60 + $0)
[PSU] SeaSonic SS-400ET 80+ Bronze 400W ATX12V ($43 + $9)
TOTAL: ($277)

** A6-3500 CPU supports up to DDR3-1866MHz memory sticks **
Does this motherboard come with the remote which lets you power on from shutdown? Also, would this set up need another slim/quiet cpu cooler?
the stock cooler fits ok in this silverstone case...
if u want a 3rd party cooler its up to you...
u can keep the stock one and tweak the CPU fan setting in the BIOS...
example, set its RPM to 50%...
u can also use SpeedFAN application to do this if you want...

now since its a CIR enabled motherboard,
get this IR Kit: http://goo.gl/Z118p $25
and you'll be able to PowerON your HTPC from a total shutdown state!
O nice, I just wasn't sure since it's a slim case as to whether it would actually fit in or not. Recommend case fans? Unfortunately Amazon won't ship that kind of thing to NZ. I have an HP MCE remote, maybe I'll be able to hook that up somehow?

Appreciate your help/guides btw Smile
I notice that your builds have switched from Antec to Seasonic...any reason for that?

I know seasonic makes good stuff (and starts to be come cost prohibitive above HTPC wattages) but I thought the line of Antecs that you were pushing were pretty nice
ottothecow Wrote:I notice that your builds have switched from Antec to Seasonic...any reason for that?

I know seasonic makes good stuff (and starts to be come cost prohibitive above HTPC wattages) but I thought the line of Antecs that you were pushing were pretty nice

Yes the Antec Neo Ecos are from Seasonic wonder why he changed it too....
Antec Neo Eco's arent recommended for this silverstone case
if your planning to insert an Optical Drive down the road..
the fact that it has 5.9" depth make's installing the Optical Drive a none easy task...
even Silverstone themselves recommend a PSU with depth of 5.5" or lower...
Earthwatts have that spec and seasonic i link to also...
Neo Eco's again, have 5.9" depth...
I thought you used to like the earthwatts though?

Is the seasonic quieter/has better cooling for the case?
this $35 psu should fit that case- Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
i liked the earthwatts when they were built buy seasonic...
the green colored ones arent...

that being said, this doesnt mean the new green colored earthwatts are bad,
but the seasonic im linking too has an 120mm fan so, i prefer that...

seasonic FTW!!
this will be a sure fit from the same brand as the case- SILVERSTONE ST45SF 450W SFX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply. it's equipped with 18dba silent running 80mm fan too. there is not many psu out there with 18dba silent fan.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
SilverStone Strider 500W fan:120mm Price after rebate: $49.99
Just placed an order for basically this system plus 4GB RAM and a 32GB SSD

Ordered the case from amazon to for free prime shipping and everything else from newegg.

Decided to splurge on an SSD (first build using one) for the system drive. Since HDD prices are so messed up right now (slashdot article just said prices have gone up 150% with the flooding and concern for price fixing), I figured I would just stick with some leftover drives I already have at home.

I'm not a hoarder--most stuff I watch will never get watched again and I go through every once and a while for some "spring cleaning" and delete tons of stuff--so it won't bother me to keep data on a 500gb drive until prices drop.
Got all of the parts and put it together...realized that it doesn't have IDE (last time I built a computer 3-4 years ago it was almost impossible to even find a SATA dvd drive) so I couldn't borrow the dvd drive from another system to install windows. Sad

On my netbook and revo I always use a big SD card for installing OSes but there is no card reader here. Now I have to find a big enough USB stick to put the bootable windows installer on (I am sure I have one...but no idea where the little guy is hiding)

Any suggestions for a small card reader I could integrate into the silverstone case (maybe stick it on one of the expansion slot blanks)? It is a nice feature on an htpc that I occasionally used for looking at pictures from a camera or moving files around.
why dont u buy a USB CARD READER?
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Reader-Mo...B002RT69QQ
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Micro-ATX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D1