Audio Skipping
I have XBMC Live installed on a foxconn htpc box. I have all sorts of video files encoded differently from various encoders, also videos that I have on VHS that I have downloaded so I can put them on xbmc. Here is the thing. Every ISO file that I have copied from my DVDs works fine. As soon as I start using encoders or downloaded videos I run into problems. (I've used AVI, M4V, MKV, Xvid)

Every couple of minutes the sound will go out until something loud happens. It usually only happens durring quite parts of the video then picks back up but it usually takes a second to come back so you miss part of the audio. I don't understand why this would happen. It seems almost as if it is a function of the audio track to save space, but I don't care about saving space for the audio. I want that to be flawless!

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can remedy this? Like I said, this doesn't happen with ISOs, but it does happen with most things I encode and most that I download although it happens most often with AVI files. Also to note, this does not happen when I run XBMC on my windows 7 box so I can't help but think it has something to do with how linux runs the audio decoding.

Any help would be great since I don't have the money to replace my media center with a box that can run windows and my current one would not be able to run windows and xbmc very smoothly.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Skipping0