• 4(current)
[Mini-ITX] A6-3600 (4x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
Maybe they changed their case up a little Eskro, no biggie. I would rather have an aftermarket HSF anyway. Im heading to Frys today with a tape measure, hopefully they will carry the Scythe. If not, Ill find something to fit.

I dont know about taking the fan off mtftw? Count me out..
So Eskro, is it OK if the PSU is touching on the HSF a little, like mtftws? If so , I may give that a shot before I trek to Frys.
give it a shot jamesk9
jamesk9 Wrote:So Eskro, is it OK if the PSU is touching on the HSF a little, like mtftws? If so , I may give that a shot before I trek to Frys.

"A bit" is a slight understatement on my part. The PSU is bent back a bit to the point where I can't put the cover back on the chassis and is basically trying to make little tiny fan-babies with the heatsink. I may try engineering an alternate cooling solution or just pick up a low pro heatsink. If you find one that fits, let me know and I'll probably end up buying it.

The only issue with the Scythe fan that keeps getting linked is that it only supports up to 95 TPU on max...my proc is 100 TPU.
Will do.. My Frys didnt have the Scythe SCKZT-1000, but I have it ordered through newegg. Il update once it comes in, but I know it will fit. Ive tried to 'load' up the APU and with the stock fan, I don't feel much heat transfer. Im thinking these puppies may not demand a lot of cooling.

Running 1080p via Eden w/Transparency skin.. no problems\studdering\artifacts at all!

Right now Im in redneck mode with the case issue, the power supply is shamelessly outside of the case, and the MB cables are fished through the opening in the back. Its not pretty, but I can at least get everything set up while I wait on the HSF to come it.

BTW, as others have mentioned, the AMD stock fan is noisy. Ive throttled it way back in the bios, but is still pretty loud.
jamesk9 Wrote:Will do.. My Frys didnt have the Scythe SCKZT-1000, but I have it ordered through newegg. Il update once it comes in, but I know it will fit. Ive tried to 'load' up the APU and with the stock fan, I don't feel much heat transfer. Im thinking these puppies may not demand a lot of cooling.

Running 1080p via Eden w/Transparency skin.. no problems\studdering\artifacts at all!

Right now Im in redneck mode with the case issue, the power supply is shamelessly outside of the case, and the MB cables are fished through the opening in the back. Its not pretty, but I can at least get everything set up while I wait on the HSF to come it.

BTW, as others have mentioned, the AMD stock fan is noisy. Ive throttled it way back in the bios, but is still pretty loud.

I can actually get the case on and screwed down with the stock fan but it worries me putting that much extra pressure on the APU/PSU. I too ordered the Scythe and will slap it on the proc once it's in. Otherwise, I just have to figure out why I can't get my damn HDMI audio to work properly.

For those wondering, I am running Ubuntu with XBMC on top. The AMD drivers + CCC allowed me to get rid of the overscan issue when passed via HDMI. Quite happy with the setup right now, cost me $375 out the door.
secret your body o_O
Not a lot of FM1 mobos for ITX out there. Posts for ASRock A75M raise some concerns (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...0A75%20itx). Maybe a better ITX mobo out there like Gigabyte or Asus? Anybody got a suggestion?
any motherboard you buy cam raise some concerns..
electronics will always be electronics.
eskro Wrote:any motherboard you buy cam raise some concerns..
electronics will always be electronics.

True, but when possible, I think it pays to find parts that have a lot of feedback and majority is positive on cites like newegg and Amazon. Also helps when guys like you on these forums like the products. Finally I like to see reviews on sites like Anandtech.com or Tomshardware.com. All this is just to reduce probability of problems, not to find the perfect mobo or whatever.

The lack of ITX boards and number of users is just making this process difficult.
Hellcat Wrote:Not a lot of FM1 mobos for ITX out there. Posts for ASRock A75M raise some concerns (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...0A75%20itx). Maybe a better ITX mobo out there like Gigabyte or Asus? Anybody got a suggestion?

I've plan to use this motherboard in my build for one of the simple facts of the CPU SOCKET placement. I don't plan to go live with a Graphics card but I do like the simple fact as the board ages I can simply slap in a different card down the road to extend the life a bit. The other two boards such as the ASUS and ZOTAC are more expensive and the ASUS socket placement alone puts it out of the race. Never personally had any experience with ZOTAC products but ASROCK I have so planning to go down this route.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Hellcat Wrote:Not a lot of FM1 mobos for ITX out there. Posts for ASRock A75M raise some concerns (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...0A75%20itx). Maybe a better ITX mobo out there like Gigabyte or Asus? Anybody got a suggestion?

the asrock a75 itx that i ordered less than one month ago just arrived. reading the feedback on newegg really scares me as i ordered the board from ebay. too late now.

anyway, im thinking of getting a6 3600 but that cpu is unavailable in my country. a6 3500 and a6 3650 is available. can i underclock the a6 3650 to 65tdp? is it practical to do so? does it make any difference going from 3 core to 4 core since xbmc doesnt support multicore?

i heard that fm1 is picky about ram. any recommendation? kingston, mushkin is available in my country. what is the recommended ram speed?

thanks.
publicENEMY Wrote:the asrock a75 itx that i ordered less than one month ago just arrived. reading the feedback on newegg really scares me as i ordered the board from ebay. too late now.

anyway, im thinking of getting a6 3600 but that cpu is unavailable in my country. a6 3500 and a6 3650 is available. can i underclock the a6 3650 to 65tdp? is it practical to do so? does it make any difference going from 3 core to 4 core since xbmc doesnt support multicore?

i heard that fm1 is picky about ram. any recommendation? kingston, mushkin is available in my country. what is the recommended ram speed?

thanks.

I would go onto the ASRock website to see what RAM they have tested with that board. I know ASUS is really good about that!
this is the supported memory list. http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=A75M-ITX

im going with 2x 4gb kingston ddr3 pc1333. the reason for 8gb is this will be my development/experiment htpc. other brands that are available here are mushkin and corsair.

the problem is, only geil and patriot model are listed. does this means that kingston is a risky choice. there are kingston model listed, but with different spec.

are there any benefits if i go with higher spec ram(pc1600+) when paired with a6 3500?

any advice is appreciated.
publicENEMY Wrote:this is the supported memory list. http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=A75M-ITX

im going with 2x 4gb kingston ddr3 pc1333. the reason for 8gb is this will be my development/experiment htpc. other brands that are available here are mushkin and corsair.

the problem is, only geil and patriot model are listed. does this means that kingston is a risky choice. there are kingston model listed, but with different spec.

are there any benefits if i go with higher spec ram(pc1600+) when paired with a6 3500?

any advice is appreciated.

Not necessarily. I would look at memory (2 x 4gb DDR3 PC1333) that has a lot of buyers and they review highly. The only other thing I can think of is the timming. Look to see the timming of memory ASRock has tested and try to match that. Anyone agree or disagree with that approach, please chime in!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] A6-3600 (4x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D3