Aeon Nox - ATV2 - PUTTY - Drawing a blank!
Hi all,

I got an ATV2 a few days ago and finally got round to jailbreaking it last night - wasn't the smoothest of breaks as I stupidly decided to have a go at it after a night out and wasted a good 10mins trying to put the SSH XBMC info into the Command Prompt box in windows instead've Putty. Lesson learned not to drink and hack. I used the following to jailbreak;

Windows Vista PC
Season Pass
Putty

I now have the XBMC on my APTV2 and it can see my file on my ReadyNAS, but I am wanting to put Aeon Nox onto the machine now - in truth this skin was the main reason in buying the APTV2 as it looks so awesome.

I have a bazillion tabs open right now trying to read up on how to do this and am now throwing in the towel - can anyone advise how I can go about this - do I need more software to accomplish this?

Any help would be massively appreciated.
You need to have ftp access to the atv so you can put folders or zip files on the atv. From there install through zip or just place in addons folder. I haven't got a clue on where to put the files on the atv. I've heard that Aeon Nox doesn't give the best user experience on an atv though out of the box. It's a fanart central skin so you might want to consider editing your advancedsettings with a lower fanart and thumb size (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...umbsize.3E). You do have to rescrape everything to make use of that parameter I believe.
Also enable dirty regions, make use of ddsfanart and disable any views you don't use in the skin.
Still the skin will never be real smooth on atv I'm afraid.
Noid - thanks for that. Took ages to get the ATV2 jailbroken and then was out the whole weekend so didn't get to play with it Sad

I am running confluence horizontal skin right now and may try to get that going properly before looking at other skins.

I think the reason that I was looking for another skin is that I don't have confluence working correctly - when I look at youtube vids of people showing their confluence build on ATV2 the main menu has more tabs than me under Videos - I can only go in and look at the files through the path to my ReadyNAS however the youtube vids have tabs underneath Videos such as Movies and TV Shows. You then go into these tabs and they have proper banners/pictues of the shows with info. I have none of this and don't know what I've done wrong!

Thanks for the quick reply though, apologies for my delay in coming back.
dirtydarthdub Wrote:Noid - thanks for that. Took ages to get the ATV2 jailbroken and then was out the whole weekend so didn't get to play with it Sad

I am running confluence horizontal skin right now and may try to get that going properly before looking at other skins.

I think the reason that I was looking for another skin is that I don't have confluence working correctly - when I look at youtube vids of people showing their confluence build on ATV2 the main menu has more tabs than me under Videos - I can only go in and look at the files through the path to my ReadyNAS however the youtube vids have tabs underneath Videos such as Movies and TV Shows. You then go into these tabs and they have proper banners/pictues of the shows with info. I have none of this and don't know what I've done wrong!

Thanks for the quick reply though, apologies for my delay in coming back.

try reading the wiki first before starting.

You need to add your movies/tvshow to your library before you can get these views
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Will do some reading up when I get home - can't wait to get sorting this now! Cheers guys - I think I rushed into it a bit too quickly, will iron out these hiccups and will know what to do for the next ATV2 going in the bedroom.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox - ATV2 - PUTTY - Drawing a blank!0