banner.jpg
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this with their skins... my system on the latest nightly is really hit-or-miss as to if it finds banner.jpg.

For instance - on the same drive:
D:\TV1\Outsourced\banner.jpg (reads no problem)
D:\TV1\Parks and Recreation\banner.jpg (problem!)

So, the consistent factor is the space in the path name. But I have no idea where or why this is creating the problem. It happens both in the native XBMC thumbnail directory, and when I do a path substitution:

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
<to>smb://192.168.1.102/DriveD/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Anyone else seeing this? Have I screwed something up somewhere?
This is showing without problems:
Quote:smb://MACHINE-SANCTUM/Media3/TV Series/That '70s Show/banner.jpg
or
smb://MACHINE-SANCTUM/Media3/TV Series/True Blood/banner.jpg
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:This is showing without problems:

Crazy. The amazing thing is its happening both on my win7 machine and my atv2's. I wonder if its something to do with SMB? I'm using WebDAV for the content and SMB for the thumbnail share, since I can't seem to make dav:\\ work as a path name for the thumbnails.

But if its happening locally... it probably not a share issue.

*drums fingers on table*

Related? https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=14026

*No, it couldn't be - nevermind. Then media wouldn't play.

My guess it has something to do with absolute paths being used to the skins to pull the banner.jpg and the fact that I'm using a network share for the thumbnail drive. My guess is somewhere in the code for the skin that this is not quoted as a path name, and therefore creates an invaild path to the network share.

I'm digging through code now, seeing this behavior on both Alaska Revisited and Xperience1080.
Debug Log?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:Debug Log?

*SIGH* If you insist...

http://pastebin.com/R2c9Kwi0

This:
20:45:38 T:804876288 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url dav://192.168.1.102:8082/TV1/30 Rock/banner.jpg

But the file that worked was: dav://192.168.1.102:8082/TV1/Archer/banner.jpg

Although, you don't see it in the logs, since it worked. I'm going to guess maybe this is a WebDAV translation issue? No clue.

And, by way of followup, I tried it without some Samba magic in advancedsettings.xml and got this:

http://pastebin.com/H7PaRZEi

And, confirmed that dav://192.168.1.102:8082/TV1/30_Rock/banner.jpg works just fine.

And, with some further investigation, this is also the reason that my .nfo are not being scraped by XBMC when rebuilding my movie library. Looks like an overall WebDAV problem.
blacklist Wrote:http://pastebin.com/R2c9Kwi0

This:
20:45:38 T:804876288 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url dav://192.168.1.102:8082/TV1/30 Rock/banner.jpg

i'm pretty sure xbmc is at fault there.
it should urlencode the request otherwise it will certainly fail.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well found me the same errors
http://paste.ubuntu.com/744502/

However the thing that is causing this with me is that these images don't exist.
The skins tries to open these file but they are not there so xbmc will first assume that they should exist.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i've set up webdav on my end and can easily reproduce it.
looking at the webserver logs confirms it's an urlencode issue.

scanning the items to the library works fine:
Quote:[20/Nov/2011:18:35:55 +0100] "HEAD /xbmc-1/TV-Shows/Malcolm%20In%20The%20Middle/tvshow.nfo HTTP/1.1" 200
[20/Nov/2011:18:35:55 +0100] "GET /xbmc-1/TV-Shows/Malcolm%20In%20The%20Middle/tvshow.nfo HTTP/1.1" 200
[20/Nov/2011:18:35:55 +0100] "GET /xbmc-1/TV-Shows/Malcolm%20In%20The%20Middle/fanart.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200
[20/Nov/2011:18:35:55 +0100] "GET /xbmc-1/TV-Shows/Malcolm%20In%20The%20Middle/folder.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200

but when xbmc tries to fetch a logo:
Quote:[20/Nov/2011:18:38:26 +0100] "HEAD /xbmc-1/TV-Shows/Malcolm In The Middle/logo.png HTTP/1.1" 404
which results in this error:
Quote:[Sun Nov 20 18:38:26 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.23] File does not exist: /mnt/xbmc-1/TV-Shows/Malcolm
ronie Wrote:i've set up webdav on my end and can easily reproduce it.
looking at the webserver logs confirms it's an urlencode issue.

scanning the items to the library works fine:

but when xbmc tries to fetch a logo:

which results in this error:

yeah, for sure URLENCODE - I renamed directories and replaced the space with a _, and all worked as planned. I'm playing with the movie directories now, but XBMC is ignoring my movie.nfo files, which I assume is part of the same issue, not being able to open and read those files as its scraped.

And, for the record... WEbDAV is the bomb. It has solved a ton of my speed and buffering issues, particularly now that I'm running a couple ATV2's in my house. The reduced overhead vs. SMB is noticable.

And ronie, while you're checking into that... do you know why

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<to>smb://xbmc:[email protected]/DriveD/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

works, but

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<to>dav://xbmc:[email protected]/DriveD/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

doesn't?

Just curious why the path definition like that doesn't seem to function properly... or is it all part of the same issue maybe?
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well found me the same errors
http://paste.ubuntu.com/744502/

However the thing that is causing this with me is that these images don't exist.
The skins tries to open these file but they are not there so xbmc will first assume that they should exist.

Yeah, but you're using SMB, and that would be the expected error if the file isn't there. My files exist, but the URL isn't getting encoded properly to account for the spaces in the file names.
blacklist Wrote:And ronie, while you're checking into that... do you know why

<pathsubstitution>

i'm a total n00b when it comes to pathsubstitution.
never ever used it.
ronie Wrote:i'm a total n00b when it comes to pathsubstitution.
never ever used it.

Well, I guess the bottom line is that the dav:// path seems to work for media sources, but if you directly call a dav:// path like that, it doesn't resolve at all.

Its fairly easy to reproduce, just copy your thumbnails directory to a different share or what not, and use that config in advancedsettings.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
banner.jpg0