[MOD]w2w's Alaska Revisited v2.73
In which xml? and what is necessary to change?

I know it isn't a bug, but I want improve it.

Thanks

Alda
See in color folder->default

First line "fanart diffuse". Change the 2 first letters or numbers.

00 is not transparent
ff is very transparent

Try it.

Think to save as xml (utf-8)

You should know that file list is not view to be used in your library this is the ugliest view in alaska. You should prefer another view.

w2w
(2012-07-08, 21:52)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: See in color folder->default

00 is not transparent
ff is very transparent

Try it.

You should know that file list is not view to be used in your library this is the ugliest view in alaska. You should prefer another view.

w2w

Thanks, It's working. But I found one bug :
When I have a movie without cover picture, than as cover picture is snapshot from the movie and this snapshot isn't in right ratio. See picture from alaska revisited and from confluence :

Alda
very nice skin
(2012-07-09, 07:53)alda Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 21:52)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: See in color folder->default

00 is not transparent
ff is very transparent

Try it.

w2w

Thanks, It's working. But I found one bug :
When I have a movie without cover picture, than as cover picture is snapshot from the movie and this snapshot isn't in right ratio. See picture from alaska revisited and from confluence :

Alda

This is because the skin is coded like that. This is not a bug. You should see in views xml if you want to makes some changes.
This is in no way the end of the world but when I exit XBMC while using this skin it takes about 5 seconds for the screen to close. Is this simply a problem with the Eden compatibility? Just wondering if anyone else was having this problem.
I don't think this is an alaska issue. But try to disable animated backgrounds if it enabled. If not, I don't know why it takes time to close.
After upgrading to OpenELEC 2.0 Release Candidate 1 the checkmark after watched movies and episodes is replaced by &# 8225; (space added to prevent forum from displaying the character)
Is this a problem with the skin or openelec not replacing the code with the correct character? Is there maybe a font issue?
(2012-09-27, 09:24)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I don't think this is an alaska issue. But try to disable animated backgrounds if it enabled. If not, I don't know why it takes time to close.

I just wanted to update this post in regards to my issue and confirm what wolfodeiwolfy said above is true...it wasn't the skin but actually it was the XBMC backup add on program that for some reason wasn't shutting down. Once I disabled the program it shut down immediately. Thanks.
(2012-10-09, 18:43)Jayden Wrote: After upgrading to OpenELEC 2.0 Release Candidate 1 the checkmark after watched movies and episodes is replaced by &# 8225; (space added to prevent forum from displaying the character)
Is this a problem with the skin or openelec not replacing the code with the correct character? Is there maybe a font issue?

I can't give you an answer about xbmc on openelec.

I have windows pcs
Hey Wolf...quick question. Now that I have this setup exactly how I want (i.e. all my custom menus, sub menus, and thumbnail images) how can I ensure if I have to do a re-install of my system I won't have to set all that up again? I used XBMC backup which restored all my skins, add-ons, etc....when I did a re-install but when I went back into this skin I had to redo all the custom settings.

Any way to save this? Thanks.
Copy your userdata folder in xbmc folder under appdata
(2012-11-06, 22:14)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Copy your userdata folder in xbmc folder under appdata

Thanks but doesn't XBMC backup already back up that folder? I would think so but maybe not. This time I will create a seperate copy of it just to be safe...it was annoying setting things back up.
I love the skin, but I've run into one problem. The link to the RSS fix points to the PS3 Wave animated background file. I have tried the link on the main page and your latest comment regarding an apparent fix, both to no avail. Could you please post a link to the corrected xml?
How can I edit this skin? I've got this weird problem where the menu is going both horizontally and vertically and I'm finding it hard getting to the settings page to fix it lol.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD]w2w's Alaska Revisited v2.731