Crash after playing SD video
try with 100mb then - not sure whats up with that file...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have tried 100mb, 150mb, 300mb, 1024mb - all the same.

To be honest I'm happy to delete the original content. These are DVD's I transcoded using Handbrake some time ago.

In addition, it may be worth noting I have added metadata and cover art to the MP4 files via iTunes. Forgive my ignorance, but could this have resulted in atom additions to the container (or modification to the moov atom) that XBMC can't handle? I do have other MP4's that I have modified in the same way that do not cause the iOS to panic...
OK, I think I know what's going on with the sample.

My specifics here might be a little fuzzy, however, when adding metadata to a mp4 file via iTunes it appears to appended the metadata in a 'moov atom' at the end of the file. After splitting the file (with DD or whatever) and trying to play the sample, ffmpeg can not find the appended atom and as a result fails.

I have verified this by removing all metadata from the original file through the use of AtomicParsley and the '--metaEnema' switch. I then DD'd the resulting file.

Please find a sample here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60892225/Ali_50g.m4v
And the panic is still there with removed metadata? So thats an important info here, that iTunes modified the files...

Once again the question - that sample can reproduce the panic?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hey Memphiz.

Yes, of course the sample reproduces the panic. I haven't spent all this time and effort for nothing... Big Grin

Yes, the original (prior to metadata removal) was modified by iTunes.
...would you like me to log a Trac Ticket for this?
yeah that would be good ... not much time latly. You could add "memphiz" in the cc - so i get mailed about it.
Done.

For what it's worth, love your work Memphiz. Appreciate your help and admire you commitment to XBMC.
hey thx Wink - and davilla fixed it in no time - well prepared Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash after playing SD video0