How to test peripheral setting
`Black Wrote:Normally that would be /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/System/

Thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is there a way to test these any more?

Thanks.
Hitcher Wrote:Is there a way to test these any more?

Thanks.

I can't test it anymore on OS X.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Timely bump because these will be needed for Eden skins.
with a few workarounds you should be able to skin them.

first add them to your keymap in order to bring up the dialogs:
Code:
<f3>ActivateWindow(peripherals)</f3>
<f4>ActivateWindow(peripheralsettings)</f4>

DialogPeripheralManager.xml contains a list and a bunch of labels.
for the list, temporary add some static content to it, so it will show up in the dialog.
for the label controls, just replace the infolabels with some text while your skinning.

for DialogPeripheralSettings.xml, you can use similar tricks...
replace the grouplist and button templates with a regular grouplist containing some dummy buttons.

far from ideal, i know, but it gets the job done.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'll get minus points but I have to ask:

Couldn't / shouldn't this peripheral thing be handled by add-on?

I know you're trying to help and that better solution is lacking ATM, but this is plain silly.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

In the future we want to unify all these silly dialog screens, as it's ludicrous to have you guys having to skin all these dialogs that are essentially the same, or are implemented just different enough to piss all of us off.

So yes, it's silly. We know it's silly, and it will be fixed. Unfortunately the more things that are added the harder it is to unify it after the fact.

For now, unfortunately you'll have to use the tricks ronie suggests, unless there's a way to force them to add a dummy setting or some such for you to play with. I'll see if the implementors of this can throw you a bone here.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:For now, unfortunately you'll have to use the tricks ronie suggests, unless there's a way to force them to add a dummy setting or some such for you to play with. I'll see if the implementors of this can throw you a bone here.

Any update?

Thanks.
Yup - I have some code. What I'll do is put up an Eden RC2 branch with the code added for now so you can get started. Then I'll do a pull req for the code to be added, ideally for Eden, but otherwise later.

In the meantime, I'll kick off a win32 build. What other platform(s) do you want builds for?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Yup - I have some code. What I'll do is put up an Eden RC2 branch with the code added for now so you can get started. Then I'll do a pull req for the code to be added, ideally for Eden, but otherwise later.

In the meantime, I'll kick off a win32 build. What other platform(s) do you want builds for?

Cheers,
Jonathan

OS X, please.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

jmarshall Wrote:Yup - I have some code. What I'll do is put up an Eden RC2 branch with the code added for now so you can get started. Then I'll do a pull req for the code to be added, ideally for Eden, but otherwise later.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan.
Ok, I've fired off a build for win32. OSX will probably take a while longer, as I think we're still rolling RC2 out there. I *think* it should work out of the box If you have something USB plugged in (eg USB mouse).

In case anyone wants to build it yourself, grab it here:

https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc/tree...l_skinning

Cheers,
Jonathan

Win32 available here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...inning.exe
OSX available here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/xb...g-i386.dmg

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Quick question - will the Peripherals.cpp code get added to XBMC so all we need in future is the modified peripherals.xml?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to test peripheral setting0