hulu plugin on back row skin
I am new to xbmc and back row. I have xbmc installed on my appleTV 2 (black) and it is awesome! Using the default skin i was able to get the hulu plugin working using the directions I found here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=839740&postcount=5

It works great on the default skin, I just go to videos, add ons and then select hulu and it works great.

Now that i have installed the back row skin, i cant seem to find how to get to the hulu plugin. DO i need to install it again for the back row skin?

it would be great if it could be found under videos, hulu like as a shortcut or something. but even if it worked like it did on the default skin (videos, add ons, hulu) that woudl be fine.

Any ideas on how to do this?

btw - I LOVE the movies and tv areas of the back row skin!
Thanks bdee1 - you should be able to access it via video addons (found in the submenu under videos in the homescreen).

You could also make the hulu addon a favourite then create your own homescreen shortcut by going into skin options and adding it either as a menu item in it's own right or as a shortcut in the submenus under Videos, Movies or TV Shows.
awesome i will give that a try tonight. thanks!!!!
Ok so I got it working from the add ins section. I also adde a shortcut to the home screen and to the submenu of video and neither of them seem to work. They take me to te Hulu plugin but it just sits there and never loads content. It only works when I launch it through the add one area.

Any way to fix this?
Not sure - it works on the latest windows nightly builds (which is where I'm currently developing the skin).

Are you using Dharma perhaps?
Not sure... What is dharma? I just installed xbmc from the arc maintenance screen.
Dharma is the name of the last version of XBMC (the current stable version) - which I'm guessing you're using.

http://xbmc.org/download/

The next upcoming version of XBMC is called Eden and has changed quite a lot of things to do with skins like Back Row. That's why I'm currently only developing Back Row for Eden as it would take too much time to develop two different versions of the same skin - I just don't have the time.

If you use the latest nightly build of XBMC the latest version of Back Row works on it.
Ahh interesting. Well the next question then is how do I go about updating xbmc on the apple tv to the latest version? When I installed the current one I just went to the maintenance menu for firecore atv and chose install xbmc.
I'm sorry I've never used the apple tv before - I daresay you might have better luck asking in the XBMC apple support thread. It might be that you'll have to wait until Eden is released proper I don't know how practical it is to put a nightly build on the ATV.
I have upgraded to the latest nightly build and Hulu was working great but then today it just stopped. I can browse all my subscriptions but when I go to play an episode it just kicks me back to the episode list and never plays. How can I go about troubleshooting this?
Well as it's not skin related you would need to post in the hulu plugin support forum however it looks like there's a problem with site at the moment

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45889&page=70

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hulu plugin on back row skin0