Movie Set Add-on Support
Was wondering if there was a plan to incorporate the Movie Set Add-on. I switched to Back Row over a year ago and love it, but every time I want to manage my movie sets I always had to do it through the NFO (Same with a lot of other skins too). I found the Movie Set Add-On which is a much better way to create sets and add/remove movies to/from a set, but still required me to leave the movie screen. It would be sweet as part of the context menu if I could select "Add To Set" and have it let me select the set to add to.

Just a thought to help make the movie set feature easier to use and make the awesome skin even better.

Keep up the good work

CG
Yeah I agree it would be great if it was part of XBMC proper like you put forward as it stands though it's quite a lot of hacking to incorporate it.

That's why I pretty much gave up using sets until I started to use Ember (with it's built in sets features) to manage my media.

Again it's another thing to add to the long term to do list so I will look into the addon and see what it does.

Cheers
I'm sure it will have to somehow happen eventually - with Hollywood pumping out so many sequels, I imagine most htpc's are filled with sets. Rumours are Star Wars 7 is coming soon, right after the Harry Potter prequel. Wink

I'll check out and see what Ember has to offer; I've made some customized art for trilogies to use a workaround for the limitations - wish I could offer some hacking help but I know I'm not nearly that advanced with it yet. Tongue
Hi,

Would it be possible to look into doing this?, I now have more and more movie collections and having to change the .nfo files manually, is a pain in the bum.

If it can't be done, is there anyway to have an option where the case for the collection can be set as a Blu-ray case and not a DVD case? and also to remove the info under the Main Movie Collection text i.e. (IMDb user rating): etc. etc.

Thanks in advance
Yeah XBMC really needs some sort of Container.Content(MovieSets) option then it would be fairly easy to sort out a better way of viewing movie sets in the library. I did previously have a hack in place that hid all that stuff for movie sets but it also effected other library items so I ended up pulling it.
Sharpe Wrote:Yeah XBMC really needs some sort of Container.Content(MovieSets) option then it would be fairly easy to sort out a better way of viewing movie sets in the library. I did previously have a hack in place that hid all that stuff for movie sets but it also effected other library items so I ended up pulling it.

Thanks for the info - is there anyway I can change the case to a blu-ray case instead of the DVD case showing for the Movie Collection?

Thanks in advance
For which view?
Apologies - it's for the Fanart Case Wrap view

Thanks in advance
Okay then at the moment if there is no way of knowing what the resolution is the view defaults to the DVD case.

you can change that by editing the Common Video Library Views.xml in the skin's 720p folder.

Edit lines 14423, 14461, 14514 and 14563

In each of those lines change:

flagging/cases/560.png

to

flagging/cases/720.png
Sharpe Wrote:Okay then at the moment if there is no way of knowing what the resolution is the view defaults to the DVD case.

you can change that by editing the Common Video Library Views.xml in the skin's 720p folder.

Edit lines 14423, 14461, 14514 and 14563

In each of those lines change:

flagging/cases/560.png

to

flagging/cases/720.png

Thanks so much that's working perfectly!!!!!

Thanks again LaughLaugh
Thanks again for all your help......

One last question if I may, is it possible to have the running total of films to include the ones in the collections?

Thanks in advance
No worries mate.

I've added a label, which can be selected under skin options, that will display a quick summary of the library in use (total number of movies, watched, unwatched, TV shows, episodes etc). It will appear as you fast scroll through the list - just like how the current alpha and number of items do.
Sharpe Wrote:No worries mate.

I've added a label, which can be selected under skin options, that will display a quick summary of the library in use (total number of movies, watched, unwatched, TV shows, episodes etc). It will appear as you fast scroll through the list - just like how the current alpha and number of items do.

Thanks for the info - sorry to ask, but where in Skin Options? or will I have to wait until the update feeds through SVN?

Thanks again
It's under the heading "General" and it's - Use Library Info Labels.

If you're using the Passion Repo then it won't show up until it gets updated tonight otherwise you would need to manually update.
Sharpe Wrote:It's under the heading "General" and it's - Use Library Info Labels.

If you're using the Passion Repo then it won't show up until it gets updated tonight otherwise you would need to manually update.

Thanks again - I'll wait for the update

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Set Add-on Support0