Display season poster instead of episode thumb for Recent/Random episodes
Hi,

The titles says it all really. Is it poss to display the season poster instead of the episode thumb for recent/random episodes?

I get no joy using 'Container.SeasonThumb'.

Thanks
This feature request is probably what you are looking for right: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12183

You'll have to wait past Eden for it to be available.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Cheers Montellese, that's it. Will sit on that one then and sort later.

Thanks
@liquidskin76: Can we remove the season thumb from this? I don't see a reasonable argument as to why that's useful. Show thumb is fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Let me reply here instead of trac.

Problem is tvshow thumbs can be banners or posters (that's why we keep asking for allowing scrapping of both - see suggestions for frodo thread) and skinner does not know what user opted for.

That said I'm ok with removing if it will help you with developement somehow.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks. I'll add to my TODO to kill them off. Hopefully for Frodo the banner/poster issue will be gone.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ShowThumb and SeasonThumb working great with latest nightly.

Cheers

(2012-06-22, 09:28)butchabay Wrote: ShowThumb and SeasonThumb working great with latest nightly.

Cheers

It was added 3 months ago but JM is going to remove the Season Thumb some when in the future.
Yeah i know, i just found the time to test it yesterday so ... Smile
Playing catch-up on this one...

jmarshall... if possible, i'd like to retain seasonthumb. Media managers like Ember allow for separate show/season thumbs, plus theres the context option on seasons to set season thumb, so i feel the option to use one or the other would be great.

Welo's recent/random has the episode title and season/episode labels under the recent/random thumb. I was planning on having a skin option to show the season poster (instead of episodethumb, so recent/random for Movies and TV Shows looks the same) to tie in with the season/episode label. Kind of doesn't work as well if it's showing the showthumb.

Many thanks!
We're talking only about the season thumb displaying for an episode item in recently added. Again, this makes bugger all sense to me, plus it's yet another db query that we could otherwise avoid. If you have 3 new episodes, what's the point of showing the same season thumb over and over?

Cheers,
Jonathan

(2012-06-25, 23:10)jmarshall Wrote: We're talking only about the season thumb displaying for an episode item in recently added. Again, this makes bugger all sense to me, plus it's yet another db query that we could otherwise avoid. If you have 3 new episodes, what's the point of showing the same season thumb over and over?

Cheers,
Jonathan

I do see your point of view, and if it's gonna have a negative impact on performance, then carry on!

Thing is... if i/user has banners for shows, then having a recent/random 'poster' style (so essentially being the same design as recent/random for movies) for episodes limited to showthumb won't work. Seasons alway use posters, right? Would need seasonthumb to do it.

Anyway, please proceed as you planned if it's gonna have an impact on performance.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Cheers Wink
Let's assume that Posters AND Banners will be scraped in future, so the skinner can request the one they want.

(2012-06-26, 10:35)liquidskin76 Wrote: Seasons alway use posters, right? Would need seasonthumb to do it.

In my library all seasons have landscape images (as do all tvshows) so it would still break the layout of recently added episodes compared to recently added movies Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I am trying to inplement this in Frodo, but I can never get the season or show thumb to appear. All season and show thumbs display perfectly inside the library. Is their a certain image that it is looking for? Any advice would be most appreciate. Below is my code for it, which I know works because it will show fanart and thumb.

<item id="1">
<onclick>-</onclick>
<icon>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.ShowThumb)]</icon>
<label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeSeason),,x]$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeNumber),, ]$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeTitle)]</label>
<property name="Path">$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.Path)]</property>
<visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.Path))</visible>
<item>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display season poster instead of episode thumb for Recent/Random episodes0