Fails to extract thumbnail from .MOV files generated by iPhone4 camera app..
Regardless of build, I found that XBMC tries but fails to extract thumbnails from .MOV files, generated by iPhone 4 camera app. ( 720p and H.264 )

My main issue with this is that XBMC tries again to extract thumbnails from the same files, when I visit the folder the next time. If I try to play some video files there, then I get additional buffering and stuttering..

I think it would be nice if XBMC either succeeds in extracting thumbnails from these .MOV files, or if it can't, then just give up, rather than keep trying in vain..

Attaching xbmc.log from 11/08 nightly, although the behavior is the same regardless of build.

http://pastebin.com/jyRxC7CH
fly2thesun Wrote:I think it would be nice if XBMC either succeeds in extracting thumbnails from these .MOV files, or if it can't, then just give up, rather than keep trying in vain..

no offense - but i think it would be nice if some of the known issues are just be accepted as is...

see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...atic_noise
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You can just turn off thumbnail generation from settings/video/file list.

Memphiz - The thumbnail extractor is taking more than 20s to fail on each of the clips. No idea if the unit is playing anything at the time as it is a partial log.
g-off Wrote:You can just turn off thumbnail generation from settings/video/file list.

Memphiz - The thumbnail extractor is taking more than 20s to fail on each of the clips. No idea if the unit is playing anything at the time as it is a partial log.

as i said - its a known problem that thumbnail extraction is broken on ios ... this is not only during playback i think, but also on browsing files...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fails to extract thumbnail from .MOV files generated by iPhone4 camera app..0