Possibility of a second "play movie" button?
Hi!

I would want to make an extra "Play movie" button. Well, what I actually want is an alternative button to "Enter" when I start playback of the movie.

This is because I'm trying to make an automated movie-setting with the projector + screen. I want to be able to click a different button, which activates a script which is starting the movie, and then immediately pauses (for 30 seconds) and in those 30 seconds, I want the script to turn off my TV, send a trigger signal to the projector + screen, so that the projector and motorized screen has 30 seconds (maybe a bit more) to warm up, and get ready for playback, and after these 30 seconds it unpauses.

I would also like it to switch back if I exit XBMC, but that can be made with another script I guess, which is checking a switch the projector/screen script is setting.

This is just an idea I had. Of course I don't need XBMC to do this, I could just have a multi-remote with two different settings.

The problem I can see here, is when I have watched one movie, and want to see another. Then I don't want it to wait 30 seconds, or send a signal to the TV or projector/screen etc, just playback. This might be able to do with a switch activated by the scripts I guess.

The ideá is to be able to click a second button when I want the movie setup, or maybe automaticly if the movie is 720p/1080p and longer than 1 hour.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like something better handled outside of XBMC. There are applications for all the major desktop OSes that will allow you to run scripts from a keyboard key (overriding applications like XBMC) or using a remote. Which isn't to say it can't be done, but I think from a sanity (organizational) standpoint it would be easier to script.
have you tried http://www.eventghost.org/ ?
Star 
On the wild side... the plugin Cinema Experience might fit some of your wants/needs. It includes a way to run the script beyond the normal 'play' button..(second button) allows you to set up delays in the format of videos (these could be blank material) and triggers electrical switches based on X10 and the script can be exited. This is about as close as you can get, without external programs as suggested above.
Thanks guys! I'll look further into it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possibility of a second "play movie" button?0