• 7(current)
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.
Well, having the info on the info screen is stilla huge step in the right direction. I'll begin messing with this as well.
Made a few custom fanarts for WrestleMania 1-24. Was going to put them up on fanart.tv, but if any of you would just prefer a direct link please say. They're not perfect, a few of the outfits aren't era correct, but they might save you some work:

watch gallery
ya, a direct link would be great. Thanks for putting work into that.
(2013-02-14, 15:19)exoscoriae Wrote: ya, a direct link would be great. Thanks for putting work into that.

I'm away from my PC now until tomorrow but I'll get a link up for you as soon as I can. Wink
Very nice! Has there been an update on the episode fanart?
(2013-02-14, 15:38)pisoj1 Wrote: Very nice! Has there been an update on the episode fanart?

Not really any progress, although I'm actually beginning to prefer using file mode. Big Grin I'm spending my time tidying everything up at the moment (fanart, posters etc.). Figured it might be time to centrally source all available wrestling related artwork at fanart.tv. There's loads of stuff either missing or out of date.
(2013-02-08, 23:31)Deano316 Wrote: Not quite. It seems that because my PPV's are scanned in as a proper series, the episode info still works even in file mode but only on the info screen. This is the reason tvtunes works as well. Still, it's definitely a step in the right direction. This might be the way to go for me. Big Grin

Not a bad idea having all the extra stuff in one mkv, although having a few different episodes at PPV level stops it from looking so sparse and the extra screen from seeming redundant. I might try to put a little video together to show it in action once I have some of the info and artwork corrected.

Ok, can you give some more details on this. It's not working for me.

First, I've got the "episode" level in filemode looking like yours. Posters across the bottom for each ppv, with fanart for the backdrop.

However, clicking on any of the posters takes me to a screen with a randomly grabbed thumbnail from the ppv in place of the poster. No info. Hitting the info key (i), does nothing for me on either screen.

My file structure and naming is:
season17
-S17E05
--S17E05.avi
--S15E05.nfo
--poster.jpg
--fanart.jpg

You said above that yours was "scanned in as a proper series", and I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying you have added it twice? Once in file mode and once as a tv show?
Has anyone tried creating custom nodes for the WWE stuff?
A custom node, as far as I know, is simply a filter for data already scanned in as a tv show or movie. The problem is that when scanned as a TV show, fanart for each PPV is skipped in lieu of fanart for the entire season. You also loose the ability to display posters for each PPV, as it doesn't support episode level posters.

File mode does show ppv/episode level fanart and posters, but it does not reference the nfo files, so you loose all that information.

Unless there is some aspect of a custom node that I am missing, all it would do is sort out WWE stuff from your other TV stuff which can also be accomplished by just adding your WWE stuff as its own source.
(2013-03-01, 02:23)exoscoriae Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 23:31)Deano316 Wrote: Not quite. It seems that because my PPV's are scanned in as a proper series, the episode info still works even in file mode but only on the info screen. This is the reason tvtunes works as well. Still, it's definitely a step in the right direction. This might be the way to go for me. Big Grin

Not a bad idea having all the extra stuff in one mkv, although having a few different episodes at PPV level stops it from looking so sparse and the extra screen from seeming redundant. I might try to put a little video together to show it in action once I have some of the info and artwork corrected.

Ok, can you give some more details on this. It's not working for me.

First, I've got the "episode" level in filemode looking like yours. Posters across the bottom for each ppv, with fanart for the backdrop.

However, clicking on any of the posters takes me to a screen with a randomly grabbed thumbnail from the ppv in place of the poster. No info. Hitting the info key (i), does nothing for me on either screen.

My file structure and naming is:
season17
-S17E05
--S17E05.avi
--S15E05.nfo
--poster.jpg
--fanart.jpg

You said above that yours was "scanned in as a proper series", and I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying you have added it twice? Once in file mode and once as a tv show?

Sorry for the late reply bro, yeah I have my PPVs scanned in as a series but removed from the tv show section via smart playlists. Then when you add your PPV source folder to the sub menu, XBMC has the corresponding info to call from. Hope that makes sense.
Interesting add-on Paddy. In my case I've created all my nfo's and downloaded all the art, the primary issue is simply displaying it all properly. Assuming you had a fight card backdrop and/or specialized wallpaper for each ppv, there is currently not a clean way to display it. If you can figure out an add-on that addresses that, then I'll be happy to donate to your paypal account, lol.
Did i understand correctly, you can't use scraper to automatically get info becouse thetvdb does not have newer wwe events and there's no tvrage fully functional addon?
So you need to manually insert all nfo's?
yep. not to mention the info that comes from the tvdb is absolute crap. It is often just a very poorly formatted fight card.
I am working on some kind of automatic tool, can you explain me please how to manually add info for some episode that will show correctly. Maybe adding NFO files?
Well, you create an NFO file with the same file name as the video file. To properly setup the info file, it is best to take an existing one and edit the fields to match the new file. I can post a sample NFO file if you need it.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.1