• 8(current)
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.
Ok, but what i need is this to get automatically done. If tvdb and tvrage don't have enough info, where do you guy get the info?
I built mine by hand from wikipedia entries on each PPV. There is no automatic way to do it. It takes time. The best i can do is offer to send my nfo files, but they would have to be renamed to suit your media files.
I think I've come up with a new approach for PPV's and Specials using Moviesets and the new DVD Extras add-on which would allow the info to be scrapable. As soon as I have something concrete I'll post something up......
exoscoriae, thnx for help, but i really need automatic scrapper to test mu code.
Deano316, some part of my code is translating air date to season and episode and that works great so far.
(2013-04-08, 19:43)dr4g0nsr Wrote: exoscoriae, thnx for help, but i really need automatic scrapper to test mu code.
Deano316, some part of my code is translating air date to season and episode and that works great so far.

I think my new method will work great, I've added WrestleMania 29 to tmdb and to fanart.tv so I can scrape that as a test. Just waiting on my WM logo to be approved and I'll give it a test run. Check it out:

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/99704-wrestlemania-28

http://fanart.tv/movie/180943/wrestlemania-29/

Should give plenty of artwork and you can also assign theme music, extras etc. via Brentosmith's great add-on. If anyone else wants to test it out, let me know how it works.
themoviedb looks really nice, but i would like to see more generic plot so you could separate matches and somehow mark some events like tag team, this could not only bring cleaner list but it's also possible to process that data leading, for example, to possibility to see all John Cena matches. Time marking would be a plus.. Smile Guess i want too much, heh? Smile
(2013-04-08, 20:08)dr4g0nsr Wrote: themoviedb looks really nice, but i would like to see more generic plot so you could separate matches and somehow mark some events like tag team, this could not only bring cleaner list but it's also possible to process that data leading, for example, to possibility to see all John Cena matches. Time marking would be a plus.. Smile Guess i want too much, heh? Smile

Yeah I know what you mean. When I entered the info it was formatted correctly, but for some reason the tmdb site squashed it all together. That's why I want to scrape it and see how it turns out. If it doesn't look good I'll alter the synopsis.
One suggestion - if you can make it like this (example):

[03:09-07:11] CM Punk speech
[08:42-20:32] Ryback:Miz
[21:11-30:01] HHH:John Cena

If you can't separate by EOL try ; for example, timing could mean much in future...
I'm just trying to get the basics working first before I fine tune. Having a little trouble getting movieset playlists to work, but that is temporary as it seems to be a problem with my setup not XBMC itself. As far as scraping goes, it's working great. Artwork, music, and extras are all working fine so as soon as I get those sets working at my end I'll start thinking about a new tutorial. The only thing I might change on the info side of things is the cast. Currently I have 'Dwayne Johnson as The Rock' and 'Paul Levesque as Triple H', but I think that would render the actor search useless although I haven't got round to testing it yet. I'll post a few pics in the next few hours to give you all an idea. Big Grin
This is interesting work and all guys, but it doesn't change the fact that the plots/synopsis on thetvdb are total crap for those older ppv's. They are formatted in properly, have extra characters, tons of misspellings, and often they just cut off. So for this to work, all the older ppv's would have to be added to a new source, such as the moviedb, and fixed as well.

I know that speaking for myself, i would not want my plot area muddled up with a bunch of time signatures. It is messy looking.

Anyways, this scraping aside, did you ever make any progress on getting ppv's to display properly Deano316? Last thing I remember was you were adding them as tv shows, but actually browsing them through file mode. Is that still the way of things? Assuming it is, I'm guessing that means thumbs still don't work (not a huge deal, just curious).
I would not use real names of WWE Superstars. It's like revealing superhero identity hahaha Big Grin Anyway, that could make search a mess, as you already suggested.
(2013-04-09, 19:56)exoscoriae Wrote: This is interesting work and all guys, but it doesn't change the fact that the plots/synopsis on thetvdb are total crap for those older ppv's. They are formatted in properly, have extra characters, tons of misspellings, and often they just cut off. So for this to work, all the older ppv's would have to be added to a new source, such as the moviedb, and fixed as well.

I know that speaking for myself, i would not want my plot area muddled up with a bunch of time signatures. It is messy looking.

Anyways, this scraping aside, did you ever make any progress on getting ppv's to display properly Deano316? Last thing I remember was you were adding them as tv shows, but actually browsing them through file mode. Is that still the way of things? Assuming it is, I'm guessing that means thumbs still don't work (not a huge deal, just curious).

I'm trying to finding the best way forward and I've got a good feeling about this one. Using tmdb will allow us to add PPVs and will allow all the fanart, logos, info, trailers and themes to be added and make a better end product IMHO. As far as all the old PPVs goes a lot of them are already on there, they just need tidying up.

(2013-04-09, 19:56)dr4g0nsr Wrote: I would not use real names of WWE Superstars. It's like revealing superhero identity hahaha Big Grin Anyway, that could make search a mess, as you already suggested.

I'll make the final call once I've tested properly Wink
A few new images, bear in mind this is landscape single-logo so I've custom made some new fanart and a logo for each PPV.

watch gallery

Just in case no one's noticed, I've added some new fanart and logos to fanart.tv for RAW and WCW Monday Nitro pictured above Wink. Synopsis is still a WIP.
That looks more than amazing!
I still have the raw files for these Wrestlemania backgrounds:

watch gallery

I'll remove the logos and add them to tvdb/fanart.tv over the next few days. I might need to alter the composition of some of them though to allow for the logo being at the bottom. Wink
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.1