• 5(current)
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.
Can someone please post up their folder structure please so I know what I have to have in order for this to work?

As I said, seems awfully complicated.
If I ever get this all figured out and working, I'll be glad to zip up all infos and art and host it somewhere. There is no point in people having to repeatedly collect all this info and reinvent the wheel over and over.

I have a feeling I'll be able to get this going this evening B.Moxham, which if I do, I will gladly post my structure and file organization.
Ok, using FrodoRC3 and Aeon Nox v4:

Ok, I have added this as a TV show, using the following format:

C:\WWE\WWE Pay-Per-View\
+Season27
+Season28
backdrop.jpg
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
poster.jpg
season27.tbn
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
series.xml
tvshow.nfo

When I add this, it now add's season27 (2011), however it does not add season38 (2012). Presumably, this is because season28 is not on TVDB.

That said, I created S28E01.nfo through S28E12 and played them in the Season28 folder (in the same way they are sitting in the Season27 folder. I then populated them with info relevant to each PPV. Example:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<xbmc_compatible_nfo xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <episodedetails>
        <title>TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs</title>
        <rating></rating>
        <season>28</season>
        <episode>12</episode>
        <plot></plot>
        <aired></aired>
        <studio></studio>
        <mpaa></mpaa>
        <epbookmark></epbookmark>
        <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
        <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
    </episodedetails>
</xbmc_compatible_nfo>

I have yet to fill in the plots, but everything else is there.

Using S28E12 as an example, in the S28E12 folder I have:

C:\WWE\WWE Pay-Per-View\Season28\S28E12\
fanart.jpg
poster.jpg
S28E12.mkv
thumb.jpg

So everything is there. All that said, here are my issues:

A: How do i get Season 28 (2012) to appear when it is not on TVDB? I had problems with movies at one point where even when i created a nfo file and everything, XBMC refused to add a movie unless it existed on TMDB. So I had to go enter the movie, and voila, that fixed it. In this case I can't go enter anything at TVDB, as WWE has been locked.

B: How do I enable fanart for each PPV (episode). Everything I have read teahces you how to enable fanart/posters for each season. There is nothing about how to do it "per episode", which is how it is loading these PPV's.

At this time, the only thing loading on a per episode basis are the thumbnails. The poster and fanart are being carried over from the season. So all my Season27 PPV's have the same poster and fanart.

Edit 1: Actually, I'm noticing now that XBMC isn't even using my nfo files. All the info is is displaying for Season27 is coming from TVDB. The plots I have in my nfo files don't match the plots it is displaying in XBMC.

So it appears that I need to figure out hwo to force it to use my nfo files, and not tvdb.

Currently my info files are in the season folder, eg:
C:\WWE\WWE Pay-Per-View\Season27\S27E01.nfo
Try going to wwe pay per views in xbmc, press I, refresh, then refresh from local info and it should add them to your library. All you need to do then is mess with the artwork.
Thanks, I found that I had to move the nfo files from the season folder, to the actual episode folder. That allowed them to appear.

Now my main issue is trying to figure out how to get poster and fanart to appear for each "episode"/PPV.

I have seen threads on how you can set the season fanart, but thread son setting an episodes fanart say it can't be done ... It also seems that Aeon Nox does not have a mode that allows you to see the poster & thumb for a PPV. In your first post you said you had to make an edit, but that was for a different skin, so I doubt the change will carry across.
I had episode posters working on Nox 2.0 with a small edit, but episode fanart has only been gone since 3.0. Obviously there needs to be a change at the code level to alter the visibility of episode fanart. That's a job for the devs I'm afraid and it seems they've got enough going on at the moment seeing as we're still on RC3. Once we get a stable version of XBMC and Nox, we may then be able to hunt for a solution. But nothing's for sure though, we're probably best to move on without it for the time being and just get the rest of it up to speed. Wink
Alright, in that case I appear to have gotten as far as I can with this apart from the small edit required to get episodic posters. I've starting knocking around over in the aeon nox forum about this features, so I'll see how responsive they are. Any tips on how you located the info to make that edit would be appreciated.
For those that don't know, episode posters and fanart are back in Frodo/Nox 4.0 Big Grin
And that means?
it means that now it is possible to actually have a setup like the one posted here. Previously, each ppv's poster and fanart was lost, and replaced with the overall season's poster and fanart. Which pretty much made this project impossible.
(2013-01-30, 15:38)exoscoriae Wrote: it means that now it is possible to actually have a setup like the one posted here. Previously, each ppv's poster and fanart was lost, and replaced with the overall season's poster and fanart. Which pretty much made this project impossible.

Well I've only just installed Frodo, but so far it seems its to be. I'll still need to rewrite the tutorial though as due to the unorthodox file structure some things just don't work the same.
I don't know whjat I'm doing wrong, but I'm not seeing it.

Just downloaded the stable release of frodo
downloaded a zip from the github of the latest aeon nox v4
went into xbmc and installed addon from zip
went to my wwe source, changed the content to none to clear it out
changed the content to tv shows to add it back in
looks exactly the same as before.

going to the info screen on a ppv, and clicking "choose art" still only brings up an option for a thumbnail. Nothing for a poster or fanart.

Are you sure about this?

dit: skin v. is 4.0.9
Maybe I should have posted this in here I cant seem to get things working with the NFO files, I have posted the full details in a seperate thread located here.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153937

Thanks in advance for the help.
HTPC
XBMC v12 RC3 with myth TV backend || AMD Sempron 145 || 1gb DDR3 || ECS MCP61M-M3 Version 3 ( no core unlocker) || TBS6981 DVB-S2 tuner || ATI Radeon HD 5450 || 32gb Crucial SSD

NAS
IB-NAS4220-B HW revision 1.2 || 2x 1TB HDD RAID 1 || Open WRT firmware.
(2013-01-30, 16:31)warrmr Wrote: Maybe I should have posted this in here I cant seem to get things working with the NFO files, I have posted the full details in a seperate thread located here.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153937

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm not going to go into too much detail beause I'm going to rewrite the whole tutorial, but all you need to do is take an existing working .nfo and alter the plot, season and episode number accordingly. Then edit the s/ep of the video file to match, and place it in the necessary folder. When you scan the library for updates it should find the new episode and add it. Wink
(2013-01-30, 15:58)exoscoriae Wrote: I don't know whjat I'm doing wrong, but I'm not seeing it.

Just downloaded the stable release of frodo
downloaded a zip from the github of the latest aeon nox v4
went into xbmc and installed addon from zip
went to my wwe source, changed the content to none to clear it out
changed the content to tv shows to add it back in
looks exactly the same as before.

going to the info screen on a ppv, and clicking "choose art" still only brings up an option for a thumbnail. Nothing for a poster or fanart.

Are you sure about this?

dit: skin v. is 4.0.9

This will only work If you alter you alter the folder structure as shown previously.
No worries Deano, exo has posted a suggestion in the thread that I put up and it has fixed the issue with the rumble not showing correctly but cannot figure out why the others aren't.

I have re done the NFO files from the working one and cleaned the library and forced a rescan. If I cant work it out I will wait for this tutorial part 2, or see what I can do about writing an addon, ( haven't got the first clue where to start with that though.)
HTPC
XBMC v12 RC3 with myth TV backend || AMD Sempron 145 || 1gb DDR3 || ECS MCP61M-M3 Version 3 ( no core unlocker) || TBS6981 DVB-S2 tuner || ATI Radeon HD 5450 || 32gb Crucial SSD

NAS
IB-NAS4220-B HW revision 1.2 || 2x 1TB HDD RAID 1 || Open WRT firmware.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.1