• 6(current)
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.
Deano316 - I have my folder structure setup exactly as you stated in your tutorial:

M:\WWE\WWE PPVS\SEASON28\S28E01\S28E01.mkv\info
and in the same folder as that nfo/mkv, I have:
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
thumb.jpg

The thumbs show up just fine, as do my nfo files. The poster,jpg and fanart.jpg files do not though.
Slight oversight on my part Confused I've been checking from my main menu where my pay-per-view sub menu is not a playlist, but I've just added the folder directly to it. This disables the .nfos, but enables you to get episode fanart/ posters and theme music. So it's a trade it would seem. Works though.

There must be a way to have both Confused I'll keep looking, but it's a temporary solution if nothing else. Thoughts?
Not sure I follow. I have mine loaded as files (under TV Shows), as the nfo files work fine. The posters and fanart do not though. Are you saying that poster and fanart *do* work in playlist mode?
eh, I just tried making a smart playlist out of the wwe ppv folder, and it displayed identical for me as when I add them in file mode.
(2013-01-30, 20:27)exoscoriae Wrote: Not sure I follow. I have mine loaded as files, as the nfo files work fine. The posters and fanart do not though. Are you saying that poster and fanart *do* work in playlist mode?

I'll try to explain as best I can. What I've done is updated to Frodo and in a rush I've not made the playlist and added the ppvs to the sub menu from the source (The WWE ppv folder). They're aren't working in library mode, so aren't reading the .nfos and therefore not displaying any info.
Interesting, I see what you mean now. I get the same results.

Assuming the nfo could be displayed, that would go a *long* way towards getting this all to display properly. The only two things I can think of after that would be getting thumb art viewable along w/ the poster, and being able to change season names, so instead of having Season 01 or Season 1985, one could just have 1985. That's not a game breaker though like these art issues though.

I wonder if the info has to be named differently for it to read in "video folder" mode?
(2013-01-30, 20:49)exoscoriae Wrote: Interesting, I see what you mean now. I get the same results.

Assuming the nfo could be displayed, that would go a *long* way towards getting this all to display properly. The only two things I can think of after that would be getting thumb art viewable along w/ the poster, and being able to change season names, so instead of having Season 01 or Season 1985, one could just have 1985. That's not a game breaker though like these art issues though.

I wonder if the info has to be named differently for it to read in "video folder" mode?

Well I posted over in the Nox forum so we'll see what reply I get back. As far as I know though, in file mode you can name the seasons whatever you like as long as they are named sequentially. So naming them by year might work Huh
Ya, I thought of that after I posted. And I suppose I could rename my folders from crap like S23E03 to Wrestlemania 23, so at least it would show the name of the ppv where the folder name currently is.

So really, the main issue with file mode is it doesn't take nfo's into account.... and it is slightly annoying that you have to click the folder named for the episode, and then again click the file name to get it running.

With the side effect of not being able to see the thumbs.

I'll wait to do any renaming until I see the outcome of the nfo stuff. I'm not sure if i like having the same fanart and poster repeated, but with detailed nfo (I hand created every single one, since I didn't like the stuff at tvdb). Or if I want to sacrifice the nfo and have all the nice art/backdrops.

Obviously both would be best, but if it is only one of the other for now, I don't want to start renaming things and loose my options.
Good call. The information is the clincher for me at the moment. Whilst the fanart from Unchained WWE does have the matchups on it, I do like having the info as well. A plus point of the folder structure in file mode however is that it allows you to add the pre show and any relevant documentaries under the header of an individual ppv.
Ya, I'm liking the folder mode the most right now. Big_Noid, over at Aeon Nox, said this was an xbmc feature, not related to the skin (the ability to read nfo's in file mode). He suggested it as a feature request there.
(2013-01-30, 23:14)exoscoriae Wrote: Ya, I'm liking the folder mode the most right now. Big_Noid, over at Aeon Nox, said this was an xbmc feature, not related to the skin (the ability to read nfo's in file mode). He suggested it as a feature request there.

Yeah I saw that, looks like it'll have to be a feature request then. Confused
Been messing around with my setup and thought I'd run this past you guys. Tried adding the Pre show etc. to the PPV's and here's what I have so far, when viewing through the normal TV Shows in Library mode you see this:

Season :

Episode:

And in File mode:

Episode:

"PPV" Level:

Info Screen:

All I did was changed the episode number to "s28e03.1, e03.2 etc. As you can see the info is still available via the "i" key. Quite liking the results so far, haven't altered much of the other info yet as I wanted to see if it would actually work. Theme music is still working, as is fanart. First Impressions?
So... you got info files working in file mode? If so, that is excellent news. I have my preshows/postshows and my hall of fames in the same mkv as the ppv, and then I used chapter markers to make it easy to skip to each section (with chapters in the ppv between each match).
(2013-02-08, 22:51)exoscoriae Wrote: So... you got info files working in file mode? If so, that is excellent news. I have my preshows/postshows and my hall of fames in the same mkv as the ppv, and then I used chapter markers to make it easy to skip to each section (with chapters in the ppv between each match).

Not quite. It seems that because my PPV's are scanned in as a proper series, the episode info still works even in file mode but only on the info screen. This is the reason tvtunes works as well. Still, it's definitely a step in the right direction. This might be the way to go for me. Big Grin

Not a bad idea having all the extra stuff in one mkv, although having a few different episodes at PPV level stops it from looking so sparse and the extra screen from seeming redundant. I might try to put a little video together to show it in action once I have some of the info and artwork corrected.
On a side note, for those that want them I've added WCW Monday Nitro and Raw logos to fan art.tv. Also fanart for ECW Hardcore TV and WCW Monday Nitro. Wink
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.1