Request: Different Library Views for SD and HD Movies
Hi Big_Noid.

I would like to ask you, if it is planned to add a submenu to movies to switch between SD and HD. Huh

I ask because i have many movies in SD to look them at my Apple TV or iPad and the same in HD to watch on 56" in the living room. So in XBMC and the fabulous AEON NOX both are displayed side by side. Rolleyes

I think with a library switch in the submenu to differ between movies >= 720 and <= 720, live will become much easier. Nod

Thanx in advance only for reading my request.

Efty
efty.edge Wrote:Hi Big_Noid.

I would like to ask you, if it is planned to add a submenu to movies to switch between SD and HD. Huh

I ask because i have many movies in SD to look them at my Apple TV or iPad and the same in HD to watch on 56" in the living room. So in XBMC and the fabulous AEON NOX both are displayed side by side. Rolleyes

I think with a library switch in the submenu to differ between movies >= 720 and <= 720, live will become much easier. Nod

Thanx in advance only for reading my request.

Efty
Why not use smartplaylists to seperate them?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yep, make two smart playlists and add one to submenu of movies and mark the other as favorite and set it as default action for opening movies.
Just in case you don't know how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWrYO3FuEU4&hd=1
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Also some skins automatically generate separate library views for HD movies.

Neon for example.

Although you can also make your smart playlist display as a custom home menu item as well. I do that for the icefilms and Hulu plug-in, for example, so that they appear as items in the main menu.
Acer Revo 3610 w/ Ubuntu 10.10, Giada Cube Win 7, 2 ATV 1's one w Crystal HD card, UnRaid server w/ SAB/SickBeard/Couch Potato/Transmission, MacBook Pro, Hackintosh Dell Mini 10v
seand Wrote:Also some skins automatically generate separate library views for HD movies.

Neon for example.

That are also smartplaylists
@Everyone in this Thread

Thank you guys for the quick reply. I didn't know this feature until now. I tried it and it work as you said! Rofl

But there is still one question. In the standard Movie Library i always see the SD and the HD Version of one Movie. I can only seperate them in the submenu. Is it possible to make the SD submenu the default movie menu!? Eek

Efty
efty.edge Wrote:@Everyone in this Thread

Thank you guys for the quick reply. I didn't know this feature until now. I tried it and it work as you said! Rofl

But there is still one question. In the standard Movie Library i see always the SD and the HD Version of the Movie. I can only seperate them in the submenu. Is it possible to make the SD submenu the default movie menu!? Eek

Efty

Yes can set the default action of the movie menu to a smartplaylist using the home window customizer.
@Machine Sanctum

Thanx again.

Now it works like charm ... Nod

Efty

p.s. Thread can be closed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: Different Library Views for SD and HD Movies0