Compiling XBMC Mint 12
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me, as I don't have alot of experience I compiling programs from source in Linux. I am trying to compile XBMC for mint 12 as I had to patch one of the source files and as far as I can see there are no precompiled binaries anywhere.

Anyway after running ./bootstrap I then run ./configure which fails with the following..

Code:
checking for sftp_tell64 in -lssh... no
Could not find suitable version of libssh
checking for hci_devid in -lbluetooth... yes
checking for main in -lyajl... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

I assume I need libssh and lyajl? but I dont know how to find them. Any help would be appreciated.

I've alread done

Code:
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

Which gives this output

Code:
joe@ASGARD:~/xbmc-source/xbmc$ sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
What about libssh-4, libssh-dev, libssh2-1 or libssh2-1-dev ? These are the available libssh libraries in Mint 11.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Just installed them 3 with apt and still get the same error.
There are 4 packages Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Are you using this repository for XBMC? https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewaldock

Yes I'm using that repo. Ok I've just installed libyajl-dev with apt and now I get a bit further but it stops with this now..

Code:
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for ccache... none
configure: ccache not found. Falling back to default CC
configure: == DVDCSS support enabled. ==
configure: creating ./config.status
yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
[email protected] mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.
configure: error: Submodule lib/ffmpeg failed to configure

Thanks for trying to help

EDIT:

Ok I installed Yasm and configure now completes, im just trying to 'make' now hopefully it works.
sudo apt-get install yasm ccache ?

EDIT: You'll only need to install ccache of you plan on compiling regularly. It will speed up the process a bit but is not required.

ok now make is erroring
Code:
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so', needed by `libprojectM.so.2.00'. Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/joe/xbmc-source/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/joe/xbmc-source/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/joe/xbmc-source/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[1]: *** [libprojectM/libprojectM.so] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/joe/xbmc-source/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM'
make: *** [xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
AR      xbmc/guilib/guilib.a

any ideas?
You'll probably need to install libgl1-mesa-dev and it's dependencies. Googling the error messages (or parts of them) will give you the answers most of the time Smile

read the README.linux file, all needed dependencies are in there.
Debian/Ubuntu/Mint protip:

When ever you try to compile something and it says
"missing libgangbang"
or
"checking for -lgangbang"

Open another terminal window:
apt-cache search libgangbang.

Always install -dev because that's what stuff compiling wants.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling XBMC Mint 120