Constellation for Android
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

I want to buy a tablet, but I'm not a big fan of the closed iOS platform. I'm a real Android fan.

The only reason I would buy an iPad, is Constellation. Would it be possible for someone to port this application to Android?

I'm willing to pay for this! And I'm sure there will be a lot more.

Cadish
That is one nice looking remote for xbmc. Can we make the official android remote look like this??
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
yeah, working on something for tablets. you'll need to have some more patience though.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Great! Thanks freezy!
Cadish Wrote:Great! Thanks freezy!

This is a nice idea and has been referenced a few times in the official Constellation thread, however requesting a port be made here isn't exactly the way to go about it. The team behind Constellation (FSS.cc) has mentioned that the group is primarily iOS developers and a port to Android would be considered based on time and other requirements.

Not saying it's your intent, but by requesting here (outside their 'normal' focus on the forum) it implies you're requesting someone hack their code and pirate their work since it's a closed source project.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I don't know Constellation but I assume that it's a tablet-tailored remote control. That's the ultimate goal for the Android version as well (of course with handhelds still intact). I have a few ideas, and as soon as I have more time you'll know about it Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Archigos Wrote:This is a nice idea and has been referenced a few times in the official Constellation thread, however requesting a port be made here isn't exactly the way to go about it. The team behind Constellation (FSS.cc) has mentioned that the group is primarily iOS developers and a port to Android would be considered based on time and other requirements.

Not saying it's your intent, but by requesting here (outside their 'normal' focus on the forum) it implies you're requesting someone hack their code and pirate their work since it's a closed source project.
It was not my intent to hack their code or something like that. I just wanted to check if some people with Android development skills could create an application like Constellation. Constellation is an app with great functionalities in a very nice GUI.
Cadish Wrote:It was not my intent to hack their code or something like that. I just wanted to check if some people with Android development skills could create an application like Constellation. Constellation is an app with great functionalities in a very nice GUI.

I want to apologize Cadish. I knew you most likely didn't mean it that way but when I read it (and the person sitting next to me) it kind of came across that way.

freezy Wrote:I don't know Constellation but I assume that it's a tablet-tailored remote control. That's the ultimate goal for the Android version as well (of course with handhelds still intact). I have a few ideas, and as soon as I have more time you'll know about it Smile

Yeah, I read the entire thread before I made my post. It's good to see you're looking into an Android Tablet remote though.

Constellation is iOS specific and even if the guys do decide to venture into Android land, it'll be awhile as they are always coming up with new/better features for it (and they'd have to learn the whole 'programming for a different platform thing' Big Grin)

---
Since freezy (and probably others) don't know what Constellation is, I'll just state here real quick that I do not work for FSS.cc and just test and help support their product. You can read more about it (and see many screenshots) via the link Cadish made earlier to here.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
freezy Wrote:I don't know Constellation but I assume that it's a tablet-tailored remote control. That's the ultimate goal for the Android version as well (of course with handhelds still intact). I have a few ideas, and as soon as I have more time you'll know about it Smile

Thanks Freezy. let us know if you need someone to test i have an ASUS Transformer and i could help you out with any testing whenever you are ready.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Sure thing.
@freezy

For the new UI / tablet version could we have the ability to start the add-on directly from the remote? I saw WDTV remote in the market and they had a screenshot like this. I am not suggesting we implement the same but something similar would be great.

Can't wait for the new version

Thanks again
yes, should be possible.
I have an android tablet, and can beta test. I am on the Transformer Prime and I use PVR branch of xbmc
oneadvent Wrote:I have an android tablet, and can beta test. I am on the Transformer Prime and I use PVR branch of xbmc

Tell that to the creators of Constellation for iPad, as they will port it to Android.

source
My god that's a nice looking app. Seems we're missing out on Android big time Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Constellation for Android0