set all movies as "watched"?
I just switched from windows media center to xbmc on my appletv and i love it. i have a good sized movie collection on my nas and xbmc just finished scanning it but they are all marked as unwatched. I am wondering if there is an easy to mark them all as watched ans then just go back in to the half dozen or so that i haven't watched and set them as unwatched.

I think that would be a lot easier than going into most of them and marking them as watched.
you could export the db on windows and import it back on atv2 ... this should save the watched state ... but you should double check that the db has the videos in a network reachable path the atv2 can see ( so no local pathes like c:\movies for example)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:you could export the db on windows and import it back on atv2 ... this should save the watched state ... but you should double check that the db has the videos in a network reachable path the atv2 can see ( so no local pathes like c:\movies for example)...

how would i do that?
It won't work unless you have a copy of xbmc on windows with all the watched/unwatched status set right.

Setting the watched status on on atv2 is very slooww so install something like XWMM and you can do it using a web browser. There are also other XBMC media managers that allow you to modify the xbmc database from a PC.
I think you can just go to a folder or parent folder and context menu it and choose set as watched - it changes all the children?
ajerazzor Wrote:I think you can just go to a folder or parent folder and context menu it and choose set as watched - it changes all the children?

how do i do that? my movie library is pointed to a share... \\servername\movies\ which contains a folder for each movie.

When i go to manage my library sources and select movies and pull up the option menu, i don't get the option to set all as watched.
I think pathsubstitution can also be used here, but I'm not sure. Basically subsitute that local "C:\" path to the network path. Never tried it myself, though.
I always wondered if there was a way to do this it would be a great feature to add on.. Also the ability to remove a title from your recently added and have it replaced by the next newest title
I just got a new HTPC (sold my old one) and reinstalled XBMC. After importing all my media, I also have the same problem of figuring out how to set every movie as watched.
Any help on doing a bulk update to mark as watched (so I don't have to press a single keystroke for every movie in my library to manually mark as watched) would be greatly appreciated.
if you exported your database (seperately) and reimported your shares, please make sure to have the following setting in your advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    </videolibrary>
Maetrik Wrote:if you exported your database (seperately) and reimported your shares, please make sure to have the following setting in your advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    </videolibrary>

Unfortunately, I didn't export my DB. I already had my NFOs/posters/fanarts saved with the media so I just sold my old box and imported the media into a new box with fresh XBMC installation. Next time I'll export my DB, but for now I'm looking for a fix in the form of a "mark all as watched" solution. Basically something that can bulk change the status of everything in my DB.
pedram Wrote:Unfortunately, I didn't export my DB. I already had my NFOs/posters/fanarts saved with the media so I just sold my old box and imported the media into a new box with fresh XBMC installation. Next time I'll export my DB, but for now I'm looking for a fix in the form of a "mark all as watched" solution. Basically something that can bulk change the status of everything in my DB.
One solution (not tested, but you could try it with one file to test)...
Make the change detailed above to advancedsettings.xml to import watched status.
Add <playcount>1</playcount> to all your nfo files (not manually Wink).
Re-scan library.
In theory that should leave everything marked as watched.
I tried that and unfortunately it didn't work either.

In the end I resorted to just using an Auto HotKey script to repeatedly press "W", then switch to XBMC and have it go through my whole library and mark every movie as watched. That seemed to work.
What about holding down menu on your entire movie folder, and click "set as watched"?

This worked fine for me, it was set recursively.

Open up "Videos" from home menu, and make sure that you are in "root" of this menu, mark your folder containing your videos, hold menu, click "mark as watched" or something.
GnarusLeo Wrote:What about holding down menu on your entire movie folder, and click "set as watched"?

This worked fine for me, it was set recursively.

Open up "Videos" from home menu, and make sure that you are in "root" of this menu, mark your folder containing your videos, hold menu, click "mark as watched" or something.

Yes this works perfectly which makes me wonder what are all these guys talking about? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
set all movies as "watched"?0