set all movies as "watched"?
Japaja Wrote:Yes this works perfectly which makes me wonder what are all these guys talking about? Smile

I have a source called Movies, which is also the name of the highest level directory that is defined for the source:

eg.

Movies/[Movie Name]/[Movie File]

The option to "Mark All Watched" is not available in the contect menu for my sources list. i.e. Movies. If I navigate down a level, it becomes available in the context menu, but now I have to do it for each movie folder, which is what the OP is trying to avoid.

I suppose if I had another higher level folder between "Movies" and the movie folders, then it would work, but not everyone is setup that way.

Another option would be to use one of the 'views' in Library mode, such as "Years" and mark them watched by year - for me, this would be the least amount of work.
You could manipulate the database directly too I guess.

Code:
## Use at your own risk & back up first
UPDATE movieview
SET playCount=1
WHERE 1;
## WITHOUT WHERE 1 all records will update too OR
#WHERE playCount=NULL;
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
DLeavy Wrote:I have a source called Movies, which is also the name of the highest level directory that is defined for the source:

eg.

Movies/[Movie Name]/[Movie File]

The option to "Mark All Watched" is not available in the contect menu for my sources list. i.e. Movies. If I navigate down a level, it becomes available in the context menu, but now I have to do it for each movie folder, which is what the OP is trying to avoid.

I suppose if I had another higher level folder between "Movies" and the movie folders, then it would work, but not everyone is setup that way.

Another option would be to use one of the 'views' in Library mode, such as "Years" and mark them watched by year - for me, this would be the least amount of work.

You are looking in wrong place. U need to go to videos not sources (files), but I'm using Eden so maybe that option wasn't there in Dharma.
^^ yep, you're right.
Japaja Wrote:You are looking in wrong place. U need to go to videos not sources (files), but I'm using Eden so maybe that option wasn't there in Dharma.

Yeah, that's there in Dharma too. I found it when I switched to Confluence. Unfortunately, the skin I was using (Transparency) took me directly to sources when I selected videos, so that option wasn't there for me. Thanks anyway, I hope it helps someone else who finds this thread with the same problem.
Japaja - What skin is that please?
DStu Wrote:Japaja - What skin is that please?
It's Xperience1080 by `Black.
Doesn't work on Krypton 17.6. There is no option to mark "watched" at any level of the video files unless you're on the file itself. Seems the "clean library" feature now completely wipes out entire libraries regardless of watched status instead of removing just the dead links like it used to. Setting all my content back up and rescanning all my video files brought them back in but all as unwatched. I'm not going through 200 movies and individually mark them as watched again. There's a "mark as watched" item for each individual movie, but when I navigate higher up in the directory level and try to "mark all as watched" the feature isn't on the context menu (just play and add to favorites). Completely perplexing and frustrating to me why this wouldn't be easy and straightforward. What's more frustrating is that the "clean library" and "mark all as watched" used to work just fine in older versions with little effort. I'm still thinking there's got be a something I'm completely missing here. This shouldn't be this hard.
Yep, having the same issue on Krypton. But it seems keeping something that worked would have made using Kodi way too easy Tongue
(2018-03-25, 15:35)kadeschs Wrote: Doesn't work on Krypton 17.6.   ... when I navigate higher up in the directory level and try to "mark all as watched" the feature isn't on the context menu (just play and add to favorites). Completely perplexing and frustrating to me why this wouldn't be easy and straightforward. What's more frustrating is that the "clean library" and "mark all as watched" used to work just fine in older versions with little effort. I'm still thinking there's got be a something I'm completely missing here. This shouldn't be this hard.
I have one movies source.  That has 7 subdirectories, and below that level each file is in a separate folder.  I can set watched status from the context menu on anything except the main source, which AFAIK is the same as it's always been...Huh  That's in 17.6 or leia rc2.
For Kodi 19.x (Matrix)

I have a submenu for genres under movies. Then I choose a genre, open the context menu and "Mark as watched". Works nicely!

Hope it helps 🙂
(2018-12-07, 00:40)trogggy Wrote:
(2018-03-25, 15:35)kadeschs Wrote: Doesn't work on Krypton 17.6.   ... when I navigate higher up in the directory level and try to "mark all as watched" the feature isn't on the context menu (just play and add to favorites). Completely perplexing and frustrating to me why this wouldn't be easy and straightforward. What's more frustrating is that the "clean library" and "mark all as watched" used to work just fine in older versions with little effort. I'm still thinking there's got be a something I'm completely missing here. This shouldn't be this hard.
I have one movies source.  That has 7 subdirectories, and below that level each file is in a separate folder.  I can set watched status from the context menu on anything except the main source, which AFAIK is the same as it's always been...Huh  That's in 17.6 or leia rc2.

I have the same experience. How I wish I could set marked status from the main source folder instead of having to go do it on several subdirectories. Is there a way to fix this?
(2022-08-02, 00:14)ManilaByNight Wrote: set marked status from the main source folder instead of
The 'watched' status ends up in the meta-data information. As Trogggy pointed out, you can mark sub folders, but would be assumed that should you not want to see a specific source, you could just change the scraper to reflect no media, or exclude from scan. The keyboard 'w' is a quick work-round and advances the focus by one each time you use it. Alternately, editing the library database, with global search & replace would be an extreme method.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
set all movies as "watched"?0