[LINUX] Is this normal when resuming from pause?
Helloooo again Smile

I have XBMC pretty much set up now the way I like it, there's just one little niggle regarding play/pause.

When resuming from pause, the audio resumes immediately while the image stays frozen at the pause point for around 3-5 seconds. Then the video resumes (looking like it's on fast forward) catching up to the audio until finally both are synched again.

I'm currently using:

C2D E6300 1.86gHz
2gb Ram
Nvidia 7600GT
500g Samsung Spinpoint 501LJ
1.5TB Samsung Spinpoint

Nvidia Linux drivers are enabled.

Does anyone else have the same problem? It's not streaming as the drives are local to the machine.
I have similar issues with fast forward and rewind. Once I resume normal playing the audio is fine, but the video is jumpy for a few seconds. I don't think I have any issues with pause, but I'll check that out.

How are you handling audio? I'm bitstreaming through HDMI for most things.
My 7600GT only has DVI so I have a DVI-Dsub connector to the back of the TV along with a 3.5mm audio cable from my sound card to the input on the back of the TV. As soon as I get a fanless GT430 I'll upgrade to HDMI.
I experience something vaguely similar, but it's more like it takes half a second for it all to "compose" itself. Since I exclusively stream from my FreeNAS, my amateur theory so far has been that it's some kind of rebuffer going on, but that's purely a theory without any kind of base at all.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
I have this same thing on my setup. Resuming/rewind/ffw doesn't feel "natural"
I checked pause on mine and saw the same behavior. After pressing play audio resumes, video stays paused for a second or two, then speeds up to catch up with the audio.

And now that I think about it, it's not unlike the issue I have when starting movies. Video glitches at start-up for a few seconds, while audio is just fine. It's very odd.
(2011-12-01, 17:38)Cheule Wrote: When resuming from pause, the audio resumes immediately while the image stays frozen at the pause point for around 3-5 seconds. Then the video resumes (looking like it's on fast forward) catching up to the audio until finally both are synched again.

I'm using XBMCbuntu and have the same problem. The weird thing is that this never happened until I only used xbmc. It started right after I've logged into Lubuntu (default LXDE desktop) and installed a few simple apps like gens (sega emu) LXTerminal and an image viewer.

Hardware specs are weak (single core 2 Ghz AMD, 2 Gb Ram, Nvidia 8400 Gs) but is it normal to get such a performance hit only for installing a few simple apps ?
I have the same thing.. but it doesn't really bother me.. only takes a couple of seconds to get itself together.
Could it be to do with video/audio sync settings in settings -> video -> playback?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Is this normal when resuming from pause?0