Configure Random Items (Transparency Skin)
Hi,

I like the new Random Items feature (added in v3.11.1). I was wondering if its possible to modify it to choose random items more frequently (instead of the default 30min) and pick from all movies rather than only unwatched.

I found one thread post to change random items every time you go home (which would be great too), but don't know where to make the change.

Many Thanks!
move the piece of code that runs the script from Startup.xml to Home.xml

to include all movies (and episodes) make the change in bold:
Code:
script.randomitems,limit=3&alarm=60[b]&unplayed=True[/b]
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie, I've poked around the filesystem and don't see startup.xml or home.xml.

I'm running the XMBC Live 10.1.
look in this direcory:
~/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie,

Thanks for your patience with this. I have looked in a bunch of the .xml files and don't see anything that starts the randomitems script. I have tired to add the following to line to Home.xml within the <control> at ln 95 with no affect (restarted xbmc between changes).
Code:
<onfocus>RunScript(script.randomitems,limit=5&amp;alarm=30;unplayed=True)</onfocus>

I have zipped up some of the unmodified xml files from the 720p directory. I'm pretty technically inclined. What am I missing here?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3989834/skin.tra...y.720p.zip
no wonder, my comments above weren't exactly accurate for dharma :-)

in Home.xml, make this change:
Code:
<control type="button" id="5043">
    <description>don't run scripts</description>
    <posx>-20</posx>
    <posy>-20</posy>
    <width>1</width>
    <height>1</height>
    <label>-</label>
    <font>-</font>
    <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
    <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
    [b]<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRandomMovies) | Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRandomTVShows) | Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRandomAlbums)">randomitemsscript</include>[/b]
    <onfocus>SetFocus(9000)</onfocus>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Startup) + [!Skin.HasSetting(LibraryUpdated) | [Skin.HasSetting(LibraryUpdated) + [Window.IsVisible(DialogMusicScan.xml) | Window.IsVisible(DialogVideoScan.xml)]]]</visible>
</control>

in Includes.xml, make change this:
Code:
<include name="randomitemsscripthome">
    <onfocus>RunScript(script.randomitems,limit=3&amp;albums=True[b]&amp;unplayed=True[/b])</onfocus>
</include>
Works, Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configure Random Items (Transparency Skin)0