Another texture/performance question
On something like the Raspberry Pi is it better to make a texture as small as possible and have XBMC scale it to the intended size; or is it better to have the texture at it's intended size so there's no scaling?

Thanks.
1 should be the way to go and you are likely to hit low memory warrnings or something similar with the second.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-01-17, 22:28)pecinko Wrote: 1 should be the way to go and you are likely to hit low memory warrnings or something similar with the second.
Hitcher,

I go with Pecinko on this one with the added point of keeping images power of two sized. I even try to keep the final size of the image power of two sized, but that tends to be even harder to organise than keeping the original image power of two sized.

Something that someone else pointed out was that i/o is ALWAYS the limiting factor as far as speed is concerned. On the Pi's the GPU is not too shabby, but the CPU and i/o are where it tends to struggle. Memory wise, after coding a skin for the XBox, 512M on a Pi is positively an obscene amount of memory. That and your skins are always tightly coded, I really can't see that any of your skins would have any problems.

Wyrm

If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another texture/performance question0